Chaos in USA

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in USA

#3601 Post by 1DC » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:43 pm

The summer weather in the UK generally doesn't get warm enough to overheat the beer, as long as you keep it out of the sun. Just keep it in a bucket of cold water in the shade, that will do it.
Mind you by the time you get to my age you will usually have given up drinking.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3602 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:03 pm

Trump launches a sneaker line :-o
Former President Donald Trump launched a line of sneakers ranging in price from $199 to $399.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna139334

If anyone was waiting for the other shoe to drop in the upcoming presidential race, former President Donald Trump just did, launching his own line of tennis shoes on Saturday.

"I've wanted to do this for a long time," Trump said when he announced the launch of a sneaker line at Sneaker Con in Philadelphia.

"I have some incredible people that work with me on things and they came up with this ... and I think it's gonna be a big success," he added.

In his brief remarks at the sneaker launch, Trump indicated the line could be an effort to reach out to younger supporters, saying, “We’re going to turn this country around fast. We’re going to turn it around. And we’re going to remember the young people, and we’re going to remember Sneaker Con.”

He was met with a mostly enthusiastic crowd, though some occasional boos permeated through the cheers.

Presidential Candidate And Former President Donald Trump Attends Sneaker Con To Launch His New Shoe Line
Donald Trump carries a pair of his new signature shoes before taking the stage at Sneaker Con on Saturday.Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
The line, called Trump Sneakers, is available for preorder online.

It features three different pairs of tennis shoes: a pair of high tops, a pair of red laceless athletic shoes and a pair of white laceless athletic shoes.

The high tops, which are gold and emblazoned with a "T" on the outside of each shoe, are called the "Never Surrender High Top Sneaker" and are priced at $399 online. The athletic shoes, which feature a "T" and the number 45 on the sides are priced at $199.

The website selling the sneakers also features a "Victory47" perfume and cologne for sale at $99 each.

The sneakers, perfume and cologne sales have nothing to do with Trump's presidential campaign or the Trump Organization. The former president's name, image and likeness have been licensed to CIC Ventures LLC to sell the sneakers.

President Joe Biden's re-election campaign mocked the sneaker launch, with communications director Michael Tyler saying, “Donald Trump showing up to hawk bootleg Off-Whites is the closest he’ll get to any Air Force Ones ever again for the rest of his life.”

This isn't Trump's first time licensing his name, image and likeness to sell products. In 2022 and 2023, he struck a licensing agreement to sell NFT trading cards. Those cards were produced and sold by NFT INT LLC, which had a licensing agreement with Trump to use his name and image.

Presidential Candidate And Former President Donald Trump Attends Sneaker Con To Launch His New Shoe Line
Donald Trump introduced his new line of signature shoes at Sneaker Con. Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
Sneaker Con, the venue where Trump debuted the sneaker collection, is an event that started in 2009 and has become one of the premiere events within the broader sneaker culture that has exploded in recent decades.

With the rise of sneaker culture, signature shoes have moved beyond athletes to musicians, actors and more. Some politicians are now thought of as “sneakerheads,” which is slang for people who tend to rock particularly desirable sneakers. Rep. Jared Moskowitz, D-Fla., reportedly has somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 pairs of collectible sneakers.

Sneakers directly associated with politicians are rare. There are a pair of Nikes designed for former President Barack Obama, but only a couple of pairs are known to exist, and Under Armour made a pair for him with the presidential logo that Steph Curry wore for a game.

Presumably they are bone spur friendly. =))
When was the last time that he actually wore sneakers? :-?
Can he even bend over far enough to tie them? :-??

PP

jimtherev
Station Padre
Station Padre

#3603 Post by jimtherev » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:17 pm

1DC wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:43 pm
The summer weather in the UK generally doesn't get warm enough to overheat the beer, as long as you keep it out of the sun. Just keep it in a bucket of cold water in the shade, that will do it.
Oi! Speak for yourself!

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3604 Post by probes » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:39 am

:)
1DC wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:43 pm
Didn't happen with my Dad - depends on what one means by 'drinking' of course! :)

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3605 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:35 am

Apologies for thread drift.

Give up drinking a good Barossa Shiraz???? NEVER!!!! [-X

The above written and authorised by Pinky the Pilot.
Barossa Valley born and raised. :ymsmug:
Bei Tanunda once! :D
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3606 Post by 1DC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:02 pm

Look I still drink but I measure in glasses not bottles and halves not pints...I was regulated after I had a stroke..

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3607 Post by llondel » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:53 pm

Saw a banner in support of Nikki Haley the other day, made reference to not wanting a senile geriatric for President, which I guess covers her for both primary and the main event.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3608 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:02 pm

Trump is not senile......

..he does not have that excuse.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3609 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:20 pm

Biden, however, has just released a video on the White House website.
It is 2 minutes long and has 28/29 cuts. No segment is longer than 6 seconds.
Now, anyone who has edited video for general consumption, which would include me, knows you would not put in more than 5 or 6 cuts in a segment this long.

Biden is not capable of reading off an autocue for more than 6 seconds without displaying some sign of senility.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3610 Post by probes » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:11 pm

Well, at least the message is clear?
And he couldn't step down right now, could he? even if he wanted to?
Meanwhile,
Ukraine-based blog Fake Off posted on X, formerly Twitter: "US Speaker of the House Mike Johnson received campaign contributions from American Ethane, a company 88% owned by three Russians. Now, do you understand why he was categorically against the aid to Ukraine?" Putin Ally Behind Mike Johnson Campaign Donation

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3611 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:38 pm

Following a mandate by the Florida Board of Governors, the University of Florida has fired all DEI staff, effective immediately.

"To comply with the Florida Board of Governor's regulation 9.016 on prohibited expenditures, the University of Florida has closed the Office of the Chief Diversity Officer, eliminated DEI positions and administrative appointments, and halted DEI-focused contracts with outside vendors," reads a statement from Provost J. Scott Angle.

shtf.gif
shtf.gif (67.76 KiB) Viewed 480 times

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3612 Post by EA01 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:13 pm

I don't know if this can be read over your way...

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... v2-y6gfY3L

I feel this is correct it certainly does seem as though Trump idolises Putin. It's like watching a little Girl (Trump) infatuated with Taylor Swift (Putin)

....and it is creepy.....never forget how sh!t scared Trump looked after that meeting in Helsinki with Putin

Creepy.....and sad...

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3613 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:21 pm

Not just Putin, but Xi, Young Fat Wun, Orban, and other dictator types. ^! ~X( [-X :-q L-)

PP

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#3614 Post by bob2s » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:30 am

What is it with the voters in the USA, who are willing to accept that their choice of candidates for their country's next president is a choice of two?
One is more suited to be sitting in a rocking chair with a blanket over his knees trying to remember the nurse's name or the other candidate
who is subject to many court cases for his apparent thumbing his nose at laws that do not appeal to him, such as not wanting to accept his loss of the last election, his immunity claim for holding onto classified documents and his apparent views on the likes of Putin, Xi, The Fat Wun.
Do the voters think that either of these two is capable of providing leadership that the world is in dire need of? I for one think that the USA is fast
becoming the laughingstock of the world.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3615 Post by OFSO » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:35 am

A friend who is a fanatical Republican and hence would rather vote for a dog turd than a Democrat* decries Trump and her fellow Republicans who support him, but will have no other choice come the election.
* And there lies the problem. Neither Republicans nor Democrats will ever accept there could be some merit in the other's views and will never ever support them. Civil War coming.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3616 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:55 am

Ah, but when?

I have my planting this year to decide on.
Do I plant corn to ensure I don't run out of popcorn?

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3617 Post by EA01 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:23 am

:)) ....very good!

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3618 Post by tango15 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:41 am

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:55 am
Ah, but when?

I have my planting this year to decide on.
Do I plant corn to ensure I don't run out of popcorn?
Yes, and carrots F3, so that you can see better when all the lights go out :)

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3619 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:54 am

Good point!
However, I always plant carrots.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3620 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:52 pm