Chaos in USA

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
prospector
Capt
Capt

Re: Chaos in USA

#2661 Post by prospector » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:45 pm

As if they had not made enough stuff ups, how can it be called an intelligence service?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-off ... casualties

""General says it is unlikely ISIS-K members killed in August Kabul drone strike: 'A tragic mistake'

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2662 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:01 am

llondel wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 pm
[", my hourly rates were marked up with a near 200% overhead to pay for all the beancounters and planners.
Same if you were in uniform too : capitation rate.

If my salary was £10k the station manpower budget element for me was £20k.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#2663 Post by prospector » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:57 am

What is the opinion of the ex military people on this forum?
In some ways, being ex military myself, I can see where he left himself open for this result. But now being civilian I for one applaud his actions.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/outspoken-ma ... tan-jailed

:
"Outspoken Marine officer who went viral blasting military leaders over Afghanistan is jailed: report"

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2664 Post by boing » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Probably the only course of action they could follow regardless of how his immediate superiors felt personally. He knew the risks.
On the other hand the more the military is required to punish him the more he will attract publicity to expose Biden's total incompetence.
The powers-that-want-to-be will try to lock him up and forget about him, the group using his notoriety will try to keep his case active and in public view.
Notice how the establishment want him locked away so that he can be silenced rather than just discharging him so that he can simply become another member of the popular ex-military Republican commentators I suspect that he will have very easy life in the brig amongst his jailers who will probably adulate him..

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2665 Post by llondel » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:28 pm

I see Matt Gaetz is lawyering up, his choices seem to imply that he thinks he's going to be on trial soon.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2666 Post by boing » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:57 pm

Of course, the attack on Gaetz is intended to be an attack on Republicans in general and particularly on any Trump supporters. Expect to see more of this over the next year.

If you look at the story this case will no doubt be pushed but it is unlikely it will go anywhere. It is a cynical smear campaign at most.

However sickening it may be if true being hit on at age 19 is not pedophilia as claimed by the hysterical press because 19 is above the age of consent which, in the US, is generally considered to be 18 years with some States using 16 years.. Also the young lady has a grudge against her elder sister and a record of "destructive" behaviour including therapy which if proven rather deflates her credibility. However, the left will keep using the expression pedophilia in their usual attempt to change the meaning of words to meet their needs.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2667 Post by llondel » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:33 pm

The investigation into Gaetz was started last year under the previous administration so clearly he offended people in his own party too.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2668 Post by boing » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:20 pm

You can't trust anybody.
Not saying that the story is wrong but ...

From Scott Adams of all people. 9/23/21
(from Jake Novak) "Scoop I can't report: Rep. Gaetz is the subject of a sex with minor…. I trust the source. Charges/accusations apparently 'very credible'," Novak wrote to Adams, according to text messages first reported by the American Conservative. After the news became public several days later, Novak followed up with another message: "told ya."
Jake Novak is a staffer at the Israeli Consulate in New York, and is not serving in any official diplomatic capacity.
I can't report.
I trust the source.
Very credible.
And what do you know, when someone else mentioned the suspicions this was quoted to make the first hints confirmed.
Does this sound like the Russians supporting Trump claims?

Report dated 9/1/21 the accusations were made at the end of August.
Back in March when news broke that the Department of Justice was investigating Gaetz for sexual misconduct, the congressman maintained he was being extorted.
Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz has been exonerated after 62-year-old Stephen Alford was recently indicted by the Department of Justice for extortion.

"Stephen M. Alford did knowingly and willfully devise, and intent to devise, a scheme to defraud and for obtaining money and property by means of material false and fraudulent pretenses, representations, and promises, and for the promise of executing such scheme, did cause, and attempt to cause, a wire communication to be transmitted in interstate commerce," the indictment states.
I would put any politician through the inquisition before I believe a word they said. The guy looks sleezy, I wouldn't trust him with a photo of my daughter but is he guilty?

" Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."

Bill Yeats (not to be confused with Bill Gates.)

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2669 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:31 am

The Septics are a bit harsh on the taco delivery boys.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#2670 Post by prospector » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:34 am

Crap! their job is to stop illegal migrants crossing the border, what are they supposed to do?? Ask them to please return from whence they came??

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2671 Post by boing » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:45 pm

The illegals are allowed, Covid is OK, but they certainly can't bring all that styrofoam and plastic with them. To the Biden crowd that is a capital offense.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2672 Post by llondel » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:47 pm

boing wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:20 pm
I would put any politician through the inquisition before I believe a word they said. The guy looks sleezy, I wouldn't trust him with a photo of my daughter but is he guilty?
He's a politician, he's guilty of something even if we haven't figured out exactly what.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2673 Post by boing » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:41 pm

True, term limits?

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2674 Post by llondel » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:25 pm

boing wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:41 pm
True, term limits?

I think there should be term limits for all top federal offices. Two terms as a senator, six terms as a rep, possibly a max of 18 years total in Congress, some limit on Supreme Court judges (which might happen).

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2675 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:16 pm

Former NASCAR driver fatally shot after attacking ex-wife with hatchet, police say
Police also say...Never bring a hatchet to a gun fight. [-X
Too bad about the collateral injury to the woman. =((

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fo ... a-n1280711

Former NASCAR driver fatally shot after attacking ex-wife with hatchet, police say
John Wes Townley — whose father is a co-founder of Zaxby's, sponsor of his NASCAR vehicle — was shot and killed when he attacked his ex-wife with a hatchet, police say.

A former NASCAR driver was fatally shot Saturday night in Georgia as he attacked his ex-wife and another man with a hatchet, according to police.

Police responded to a call at a residence in the Five Points neighborhood of Athens and found two people shot. Laura Townley, 30, was seriously injured, and her ex-husband, former NASCAR driver John Wes Townley, 31, was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Laura Townley — whose divorce from John Wes Townley was "finalized this week," according to the police incident report — was at the residence with Zachary Anderson, 32.

"A preliminary investigation revealed that Mr. Townley had arrived at this location and attacked Mr. Anderson and Ms. Townley with a hatchet," the Athens-Clarke County Police Department wrote in an incident report.

"Mr. Anderson fired several shots from his gun which struck Mr. Townley and accidentally struck Ms. Townley," police wrote.

Laura Townley is expected to survive, police said in a press release.

Jon Wes Townley raced eight seasons and made 186 starts across the NASCAR Xfinity and Truck Series, NASCAR's lower two national divisions. His victory in the Truck Series at Las Vegas six years ago Sunday was the only national series win of his career.

He drove a car owned by his father, Tony Townley, who was a co-founder of the vehicle's primary sponsor, restaurant chain Zaxby’s.

PP

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2676 Post by boing » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:49 am

Did anyone notice that Facebook and some of its affiliates were "down" for a while this morning and, since there are few news reports, it may still be down now.

Back story. A young lady in a critical position got PO'd about Facebook's treatment of young persons "profits versus sympathy" and as she mentioned she blamed Facebook for the death of one of her friends. She apparently collected 10,000 incriminatory documents and over the last few days has been on the news circuit with her reports. During a response from a Facebook rep. Facebook died and stayed that way for hours.

Reporting on the matter, strangely, is sparse. It looks as though the mega-corporations are sticking together and clamping down on reports. They probably see the same thing happening to them.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2677 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:28 am

boing wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:49 am
Did anyone notice that Facebook and some of its affiliates were "down" for a while this morning and, since there are few news reports, it may still be down now.

Back story. A young lady in a critical position got PO'd about Facebook's treatment of young persons "profits versus sympathy" and as she mentioned she blamed Facebook for the death of one of her friends. She apparently collected 10,000 incriminatory documents and over the last few days has been on the news circuit with her reports. During a response from a Facebook rep. Facebook died and stayed that way for hours.

Reporting on the matter, strangely, is sparse. It looks as though the mega-corporations are sticking together and clamping down on reports. They probably see the same thing happening to them.

boing, both pieces of news were all over the news here in the UK, and the Facebook outage, at least, has its very own thread on this very fine site too!

I am no fan of Facebook, mind, and have never been a member of the "social networking service". I was, and still am, a user of WhatsApp, who like millions of others, was co-opted into the house of Facebook when they bought the service back in 2014. I was sorely tempted to quit WhatsApp at the time but, reluctantly, stayed as I use the service to remain in touch with family all over the world.

All Facebook owned sites seem to have been up at 03:00 hrs UTC. Civilisation is saved, the House of Zuckerberg rides the world like a boss! =))

Y. B Yeats said it best...
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
If Facebook and Twitter disappeared overnight, the overall IQ of the world would go up by more than a couple of percentage points!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2678 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:03 am

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2679 Post by boing » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:30 pm

The terrible thing is that Facebook is not the worst of the problem. Friends have just placed their daughter into 4 month rehab. for drug addiction. The source of the drugs? Purchased via SnapChat where such transactions are apparently quite common.

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#2680 Post by bob2s » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:47 pm

From last night's news.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=1055416881870264&_rdr

I wonder if any of these dickheads realise that by locking down, Australia has only recorded 1357 total deaths from Covid, versus the 700,000 recorded by the land of the free.