Chaos in USA

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in USA

#2641 Post by boing » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:15 pm

John, I really try to stay calm when I read your totally stupid posts and your lame attempts to change the subject when you are cornered by a point that you can't answer.

You stated.
Now I don't know about you but I sure would not like to live where police are free to use illegal use of force on protestors, or anyone else.
As a result of you saying the above we are comparing the actions of NK with the actions of the police in the US. Would you please give me an example of someone who has been strapped across the muzzle of a cannon and blown to smithereens by the leader of the US? Perhaps this was just a temper tantrum and we should not take it too seriously.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2642 Post by John Hill » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:46 pm

boing wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:15 pm
As a result of you saying the above we are comparing the actions of NK with the actions of the police in the US. Would you please give me an example of someone who has been strapped across the muzzle of a cannon and blown to smithereens by the leader of the US? Perhaps this was just a temper tantrum and we should not take it too seriously.

Just a few recent examples:-
Iraq, a few hundred thousands, maybe a million or more.
Afghanistan, about 250 thousands.
Pakistan, a few thousands.

All killed by the USA in no doubt quite a few temper tantrums.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2643 Post by boing » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:14 pm

I asked you for examples of anyone killed by being strapped to a cannon, you conveniently suggested some recent examples.

Of course, we do need some supporting documentation. That does sound rather like a lot of ammunition and I do fail to see how a leader of the US could have been responsible for execution of anyone in Pakistan not to mention this being accomplished by cannon.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2644 Post by John Hill » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:49 pm

If you want to be specific you should give us details of the alleged cannon execution in North Korea.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2645 Post by John Hill » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:55 pm

While we are waiting...

...people watching an American 'execution' in Pakistan, do you recognize anyone?

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#2646 Post by bob2s » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:56 pm

John, are you sure you are not Barking Mad in disguise?

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#2647 Post by Dushan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:23 pm

John Hill wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:55 pm
While we are waiting...

...people watching an American 'execution' in Pakistan, do you recognize anyone?
Yeah, a bunch of democrats.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2648 Post by John Hill » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:12 am

Dushan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:23 pm
Yeah, a bunch of democrats.
But Americans including a leader or two.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2649 Post by boing » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:31 am

Kim Jong Un Orders Execution of Officials Using Anti-Aircraft Gun
https://www.newsweek.com/kim-jong-un-ex ... gun-561952

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2650 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:48 am

boing wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:31 am
Kim Jong Un Orders Execution of Officials Using Anti-Aircraft Gun
https://www.newsweek.com/kim-jong-un-ex ... gun-561952

Maybe, maybe not! Not everything you read about the Hermit Kingdom can be taken at face value...
South Korea’s spy agency is the source for the claim that Kim’s defence minister Hyon Yong-chol was blown to pieces by an anti-aircraft gun for failing to show enough loyalty to the supreme leader.

The evidence is inconclusive: there are reports of footage of Hyon being shown on North Korean state TV after his supposed death, whereas purged officials are usually airbrushed from history.
https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... ve-country
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2651 Post by John Hill » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:29 am

Can we now move on to the people executed by piranha, devoured by starving dogs or thrown into vats of molten iron? All reported means of execution in North Korea.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2652 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:35 am

John Hill wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:29 am
Can we now move on to the people executed by piranha, devoured by starving dogs or thrown into vats of molten iron? All reported means of execution in North Korea.
Death by piranha, what a way to go John! =))

I choose death by Capri Parana...

or death by Mau Mau... =))
There's an Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman and they get lost in the jungle and captured by these cannibals.

The cannibals tell them to go into the jungle and pick 10 pieces of fruit each.

So they all go out, pick 10 pieces of fruit and bring them back to the 'cannibal chief'.

The chief said to the Englishman "so Englishman, now you must choose between death or Mau Mau". The Englishman said " I will not bow to you savagers, I'll choose Mau Mau" so they grab him and stick the 10 pieces of fruit (cherries) up his arse.

Then the Scotsman came along, he chose Mau Mau so they stuck his fruit (plums) up his arse.

Then the Irishman looked at his pineapples and said "I don't think I can stand the Mau Mau, I'll choose death" so the chief said to him "Death by Mau Mau"!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2653 Post by llondel » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:12 pm

Gavin Newsom has repelled the GOP attempt to replace him as California governor. Looks like 2:1 in favour of him keeping his job, at least until the proper election next year.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#2654 Post by prospector » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:09 am

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/534936-profits ... aign=Email

''It notes that since the start of the intervention in Afghanistan in October 2001, Pentagon spending has totalled $14 trillion, with the US war budget increasing between 2002 and 2003 by more than the entire military spending of any other country. Between one-third and one-half of that total was pocketed by defense firms, which provided logistics and reconstruction, private security services and weapons – along the way, these contractors habitually engaged in “questionable or corrupt business practices,” including fraud, abuse, price-gouging and profiteering.''

"The firm’s insulation from prosecution may well be explained by Vice President Dick Cheney serving as its CEO between 1995 and 2000 – he still held stock options worth millions, and had received millions of thousands of dollars more in deferred compensation for his role, when the War on Terror began.

Cheney was also instrumental in the privatization of US warfare more widely. In 1992, under his direction as Defense Secretary, the Pentagon paid the parent company of Halliburton $3.9 million to produce a report on how private contractors could provide logistics in overseas theaters of conflict.""

Is anybody really suprised at these revelations??

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2655 Post by John Hill » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:59 am

Capitalism at it's best!

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#2656 Post by larsssnowpharter » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:31 am

For what it is worth, I worked for Brown and Root Services (the Halliburton subsidiary providing logistics support for the US military) for a number of years.

A couple of points:

1. I never saw any corruption.
2. The money was good.
3. BRS was paid on a cost plus basis with a sliding scale going up to 9% based on performance targets.
4. A team of DoD accountants crawled over expenditure.
5. The US Army knew how to use contractors and our ability to move quickly and access local resources. I was regularly sitting in as an advisor to a general or senior Marine on teleconferences.
6. Once got a mild bollicking for rationalising a fleet of rental vehicles thus saving the US taxpayer a lot of dosh.
7. US employees very jealous that our salaries were tax free.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2657 Post by John Hill » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:04 am

There was that little bit of business in Nigeria..
https://www.sec.gov/news/press/2009/2009-23.htm

larsssnowpharter
Capt
Capt

#2658 Post by larsssnowpharter » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Wasn't me, honest!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2659 Post by OFSO » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:29 pm

Wonder if the Nigerian officials had to provide details of their bank accounts, addresses etc, and pay a fee to expedite the payment of funds into their accounts...

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2660 Post by llondel » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 pm

larsssnowpharter wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:31 am
For what it is worth, I worked for Brown and Root Services (the Halliburton subsidiary providing logistics support for the US military) for a number of years.

A couple of points:

1. I never saw any corruption.
2. The money was good.
3. BRS was paid on a cost plus basis with a sliding scale going up to 9% based on performance targets.
4. A team of DoD accountants crawled over expenditure.
5. The US Army knew how to use contractors and our ability to move quickly and access local resources. I was regularly sitting in as an advisor to a general or senior Marine on teleconferences.
6. Once got a mild bollicking for rationalising a fleet of rental vehicles thus saving the US taxpayer a lot of dosh.
7. US employees very jealous that our salaries were tax free.
Having worked for a UK defence company as cost-plus contracts were coming to a close, they can produce some amazingly good bits of kit but are very prone to inefficiency. When your profit is a fixed percentage of what you spend then there's every incentive to justify all sorts of extra spending. Sometimes it meant a bit of "crazy" research that morphed into one of those bits of good kit, other times it was a lot less clear why the money was spent, but as it had all the attached paperwork, it was allowed. I seem to remember that as a "producer", my hourly rates were marked up with a near 200% overhead to pay for all the beancounters and planners.