Re: Chaos in USA

#1861 Post by Dushan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:46 pm

John Hill wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:44 am
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:30 pm
Dushan wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:21 pm
I am concerned because a great nation is being destroyed. It is also a mere few kilometers away from where I am. I also have many fiends who are there. I went to school with them.

However it is not I who is saying I shouldn't be here or give a toss, it is ribrash, and yet he is here. That is the part that is not clear. Why?
*f*ck*, you lived in Africa.. don't give us this post hoc Soviet f*cking *sh*t* man..,,.
Yeah, and Dushan you just don't be forgetting that it was the Americans wot saved you and your commie mates from Hitler! =))
I don't have any commie mates.
Yes, my parents and grandparents were saved from Hitler by Americans. What is your point? Oh, never mind I forgot, you don't have one, as usual.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1862 Post by Boac » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:08 pm

It would appear that some are taking the crushing defeat of 'lying Donald' badly :))

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1863 Post by llondel » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:10 pm

I'd like to know who got the tax cut claimed. My taxes went up because of that bit of legislation.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1864 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Including 'lying Donald'! :ymdevil:

PP

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1865 Post by llondel » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:17 pm

All these people who are taking it badly fail to realise that accepting defeat in the electoral process is part of what makes America great. You turn your attention to the next election because you know that there will be one and your candidate at the time will have an opportunity to win. If the incumbent really is doing as badly as you claim then it should result in a resounding defeat for said incumbent. (At this point I would once have added "unless your candidate is a complete buffoon" but sadly that's no longer true.)

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1866 Post by EA01 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:40 am

I'd like to know who got the tax cut claimed. My taxes went up because of that bit of legislation.
I had a similar thing when the 'GST' was introduced to Australia...

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1867 Post by FD2 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:14 pm

Voting machine firm sues Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani for more than $1.8 billion :)) =))

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... app-iPhone

1611607171542.jpg

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1868 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:56 pm

Twitter permanently suspends MyPillow CEO for election misinformation
One of Trump's co-conspirators. L-) :-q
They got him off Twitter. :YMAPPLAUSE: Now if they could only get his ads off the TV! ~X( :((

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/busine ... n-n1255651

Twitter permanently suspends MyPillow CEO for election misinformation
Lindell used his personal Twitter account and the company's account to spread unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud in the presidential election.

By Reuters
Twitter has permanently suspended the account of MyPillow chief Mike Lindell for repeated violations of the company's policy on election misinformation, the social media firm said late on Monday.

Lindell, a devout supporter of former President Donald Trump, financed post-election protest movements in a bid to overturn the election win of President Joe Biden.

Lindell used his personal Twitter account, which had nearly half a million followers before being suspended, and the company's account to spread unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud in the presidential election.

Courts have rejected such baseless claims, even as Trump and his supporters continued to falsely allege there being voter fraud.

Lindell repeatedly violated the company's civic integrity policy, due to which he was suspended, a Twitter spokesperson said in an emailed statement. Twitter had permanently suspended Trump from its platform earlier this month.

The founder and chief executive officer of the MyPillow company, Lindell's political commentary and advertisements are a regular fixture on conservative media.

A self-described former cocaine addict and alcoholic who says he found sobriety through Christianity, Lindell helped sponsor a two-week March for Trump bus tour that ended in Washington on Dec. 14, and spoke at five stops.

He told Reuters that he did not help finance subsequent trips to promote the Jan. 6 rally that devolved into riots as supporters of Trump stormed through the Capitol.

The Capitol riots that left five people dead did not change his views on contesting the election, he said.

"I'm never letting the fraud go," Lindell told Reuters.

MyPillow did not respond to a Reuters' request for comment on Twitter's suspension of Lindell's account.

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1869 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:02 pm

What a total kook Lindell is. Time him and his bull were put to bed.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1870 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:09 pm

I'll see your Lindell and raise you a Rudy Giuliani
Dominion Voting Systems sues Rudy Giuliani over false election claims, seeks $1.3 billion

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... s-n1255511

Dominion Voting Systems sues Rudy Giuliani over false election claims, seeks $1.3 billion
The complaint outlines evidence of Giuliani's false claims about how Dominion "fixed" the election.

WASHINGTON — Dominion Voting Systems, the election equipment manufacturer that became the target of wild conspiracy theories pushed by former President Donald Trump and his allies, sued Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani for defamation Monday.

Dominion said in a 107-page complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Washington that "as a result of the defamatory falsehoods peddled by Giuliani" in conjunction with other Trump allies and pro-Trump media outlets, "Dominion's founder and employees have been harassed and received death threats, and Dominion has suffered unprecedented and irreparable harm."

"Dominion brings this action to set the record straight, to vindicate the company's rights under civil law, to recover compensatory and punitive damages, and to stand up for itself, its employees, and the electoral process," the lawsuit says.

The company accuses Giuliani, who helped fuel Trump's lie about a stolen election, of making false and defamatory statements about Dominion on his Twitter account, on his radio and podcast shows, in televised media appearances and at the rally Trump held before his supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Dominion is seeking more than $1.3 billion in damages in a jury trial, according to the complaint, which was first reported by The New York Times.

Dominion said Giuliani and his allies created and spread what it called the "big lie," which "deceived millions into believing that Dominion had stolen their votes and fixed the election."

The suit says Giuliani, in addition to demanding a reported $20,000 a day to represent Trump, "cashed in" on the conspiracy theory by hosting a podcast on which he advertised supplements, gold coins, cigars and protection from "cyberthieves."

The complaint outlines evidence of Giuliani's false claims about how Dominion "fixed" the election, which resulted in Trump's defeat and Joe Biden's victory. It includes screenshots from Giuliani's TV appearances on Fox News and Fox Business and his tweets that spread conspiracy theories about the election. Dominion also detailed how Giuliani's lies affected his followers.

It showed, for example, screenshots of Giuliani speaking on his podcast about Dominion on Christmas Day, with a viewer commenting, "All these people involved with the fraud need to be executed for treason."

Dominion CEO John Poulos said in a statement: "Not only have these lies damaged the good name of my company, but they also undermined trust in American democratic institutions, drowning out the remarkable work of elections officials and workers, who ensured a transparent and secure election. The thousands of hand recounts and audits that proved machines counted accurately continue to be overshadowed by disinformation.

"Giuliani continues to make demonstrably false claims, and we intend to hold him, and others who spread disinformation, to account," Poulos said.

Giuliani said in a statement Monday that the lawsuit will allow him "to investigate their history, finances, and practices fully and completely."

"The amount being asked for is, quite obviously, intended to frighten people of faint heart. It is another act of intimidation by the hate-filled left wing to wipe out and censor the exercise of free speech, as well as the ability of lawyers to defend their clients vigorously," he said. "As such, we will investigate a countersuit against them for violating these constitutional rights."

Dominion sued lawyer Sidney Powell, who pushed Trump's attempts to overturn election results, for defamation this month. Dominion said it was requesting damages of more than $1.3 billion in that suit, saying that it has spent millions on security for its employees and to control the damage to its reputation and that it risks losing future business.

In a Zoom news conference Monday, Tom Clare, an attorney representing Dominion, said the company was working on additional defamation suits related to misinformation stemming from the election, and he suggested that the company may still act against Trump.

"We have not ruled anyone out," he said in response to a question about Trump.

Dominion is one of the country's largest election equipment vendors, and its products were used in 28 states in the election. The company was recently contracted to replace the bulk of voting machines in Georgia, where Biden defeated Trump. Trump became particularly inflamed by that loss, spreading misinformation about voting in Georgia and begging the state's head election official to overturn the results.

While cybersecurity researchers have uncovered some flaws in election equipment in recent years, the world's top election security experts have signed an open letter saying there was no evidence that computer fraud affected the election.

"We are aware of alarming assertions being made that the 2020 election was 'rigged' by exploiting technical vulnerabilities," they wrote. "However, in every case of which we are aware, these claims either have been unsubstantiated or are technically incoherent."

PP

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1871 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:14 pm

I see that that Dominion have also sued the other looney, Sidney Powell. =))

What a truckload of nutcases.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1872 Post by Woody » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:26 pm

They’ve not ruled out taking others to court, possibly even The Donald :ymdevil:
When all else fails, read the instructions.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1873 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:29 pm

Dominion is also going after the TNNs (Trump News Networks :ymdevil: ) for their echoing all of the false rubbish.

Anything to keep the lawyers in business.

PP

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1874 Post by FD2 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:31 pm

Why far-Left demonstrations are still rattling America after Biden has been sworn in

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... has-sworn/

The transfer of power from Trump to Biden has not ceased heated protests over civil rights issues in the US
By Margi Murphy, US Technology Reporter, San Francisco 26 January 2021 • 12:00pm

As fireworks rained down on Washington DC on inauguration night, a different kind of light show was kicking off in Portland. Hundreds clashed with police in a cacophony of burning flags, teargas canisters and yells as protestors smashed in the buildings and doors of the Democratic Party offices, scrawling “F*** Biden” and “Breonna Taylor deserves justice” upon the walls.

Now experts fear the clash signals a fracturing of disenfranchised voters on the Left that could soon become one of the Biden administration's biggest afflictions.

“I think the protests are indicative of a larger frustration, which is why the transfer of power was not a cure,” says James Ofsink, president of Portland Forward, a local progressive advocacy group.

He says those taking to the streets believe Mr Biden’s centrist policies are too lenient on environment, policing, racism and economic inequality issues. Activists in the early 2000s, who took issue with the middle-of-the-road Barack Obama policies, are suspicious that Biden and his Vice President Kamala Harris will set up camp on the fence.

Then there is the contingent who refuse to view the government of any sort as an appropriate way to make change.

“A really pervasive thread across the country is the folks who see government as too inefficient or too corrupted or too built into the existing power structure,” Ofsink says. “And that is a sentiment you see both on the left and the right - that feeling that the government is not going to be responsive to their needs and the needs of their community”.

This frustration may sow enough division to spark demonstrations across the country.

“Whether it is blocking oil tankers or laying people down on railroad tracks I think we are going to see more guerilla style activism,” Ofsink says.

On Monday, Portland's Mayor Ted Wheeler said the destruction and violence seen at some of the protests against racial injustice was "unacceptable", and revealed he filed a report about an "incident" he was involved in on Sunday, without elaborating further. Mr Wheeler has been the target of Left-wing activists, who have set fires inside his apartment building.

“We are actually, unfortunately, seeing this growing trend towards people saying, ‘If you don’t agree with me politically then we are going to come after you either physically, or we are going to come after your home, or we are going to come after your place of business',” he said in a press conference.

It had been hoped that Mr Biden, who has long called for unity and a healing of divisions that have ruptured in the US, would salve America’s wounds after Mr Trump packed his bags.

“This really wasn’t about Trump,” says Mac Smiff, a protester who has lived in Portland for 29 years, and runs a local hip hop magazine We Out Here.

“It looks a lot like last year if not more intense,” he says. “It is just the feds [police] going crazy.”

Vice President Harris’ history as a prosecutor has triggered fury among those who have spent the best part of a year calling to “defund” law enforcement after the deaths of several black Americans at the hands of the police. Anything less than a public condemnation of the current policing system could be felt as a slap in the face. Biden’s appointment of former army general, Lloyd Austin to defence chief has also ruffled feathers.

The protests symbolise a national tug-of-war as they become ammo for right-wing pundits to hammer the Left. In a reversal from just weeks ago when the far-Right stormed the Capitol building, Right-wing Telegram channels are filled with mugshots of the 14 who were arrested in Portland over the weekend, pointing to the news reports as evidence of Biden’s failure in his first few days.

In reality white supremacists and far-Right militia groups were responsible for nearly 70 per cent of terrorist attacks and plots in the US last year, according to Transnational Threats Project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a research group. Anarchist and anti-fascist groups rose to 20 percent from 8 per cent in 2019.

Those on the ground worry that there has been an unhelpful bundling of anarchists, anti-fascists and those supporting causes like the environment or racial justice. In June, Nebraska officials cautioned a 33-year-old for creating a viral hoax advert offering to pay people to turn up to Black Lives Matter marches under the guise of “Antifa”. During the storming of the Capitol earlier this month, there were baseless accusations that the far-left were masquerading as loyal Trump supporters to try and cause havoc.

Yet home grown extremism is a pressing topic for the new government to tackle. An October study from the Centre for Strategic and International Studies, based in Washington, found that white supremacists conducted two thirds of the terrorist plots and attacks in the US in 2020. Anarchists and anti-fascists orchestrated 20 per cent, with the number of incidents growing from previous years as these extremist groups targeted police, military and government facilities and staff.

Portland locals, who spoke to The Telegraph under anonymity because of their involvement in protests, say few should be surprised about the demonstrations. After all, the city has a long history of perpetual protesting. But there is a possibility that similarly 'blue' urban areas surrounded by Republican suburbs may see similar unrest in the near future.

“At the end of the day, it is about how hungry people are,” says Smiff, who has been held by the police previously for taking part in the demonstrations. “The government keeps trying to scrape around the edges but it is going to take some meat on our plates to change the situation, because too many people out here are just chasing scraps.”

Looks like the National Guard units will be busy for some time to come. I'm sure the 'demonstrators' will get the same treatment as any other rioters. :D

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1875 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:24 am

My next chip to play is this guy.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/26/business ... index.html

Goya board silences its CEO after he tells Fox News the election was rigged

Goya CEO's praise of Trump sets off social media frenzy

New York (CNN Business)Goya's board of directors had enough of CEO Robert Unanue's public comments in support of former President Donald Trump and his unfounded claims of voter fraud. On Friday, it voted to muzzle him.

The board of the privately held Latino food company voted to censure Unanue, following his most recent controversial remarks that questioned the legitimacy of the November election, according to a person familiar with the board's actions, who spoke to CNN on the condition that their name not be used.
Unanue will no longer be allowed to speak to the media without the board's permission, the source said. The decision was first reported by the New York Post Monday evening.
The source said this is a "full stop" on Unanue speaking to the press, not only about politics, but also about the company itself.
A majority of Goya shareholders favor removing Unanue altogether but have been prevented from doing so by the dynamics of the family-controlled company, according to the source.
"The company has never been political or politicized," said the source. "He's gone from bad CEO to CEO that has imperiled the future of the company and endangered the lives of some of the shareholders," the source said in reference to some Unanue family members having allegedly received threats because of the CEO's comments.
"His statements are insulting and dangerous," said the source.
Unanue spoke to the New York Post after the board's action but did not directly discuss his censure or the ban on speaking to the media. He confirmed he would no longer be speaking publicly about politics or religion.
"Independently, I've made the decision to lower the temperature and walk away from speaking about politics and religion," he told the Post. "I realize it's important because of the diverse views of the company and our market."
A history of controversy
On inauguration day, shortly after President Trump made his farewell remarks, Unanue appeared on Fox Business' morning show and told anchor Maria Bartiromo that there was a "war coming" and that President Joe Biden's election was "unverified."
"They accomplished what they set out to do, which was get President Trump out of the way," he said. "I think this is mission accomplished, by the unions, the partnership, the conglomerate of social media, big tech, big media and big government. ... There is a war coming, now that the president is leaving today, they're still coming after the United States, the working class."
Those comments did not get as much attention as his July remarks praising President Trump, likely because of all the other news surrounding the inauguration. But it was apparently enough for the Goya board to take action. Many board members were already upset with Unanue's previous public comments on politics, and about the company's performance under his leadership, according to the source who spoke with CNN.
Unanue set off the controversy in July when, appearing at a White House event, he said, "We are all truly blessed ... to have a leader like President Trump who is a builder. We have an incredible builder, and we pray. We pray for our leadership, our president."
Unanue and Goya said at the time that he was at the White House to announce the donation of millions of cans of Goya products to food banks.
Backlash
But his praise of Trump sparked a backlash from a number of leading Hispanic politicians, including Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and former Obama cabinet member Julian Castro. Some other people on social media called for a boycott.
That in turn prompted a so-called "buy-cott" by Trump supporters, including Ivanka Trump, who urged the president's backers to buy Goya products.
In December, Unanue told a conservative radio show host that Ocasio-Cortez was the company's "employee of the month," claiming that the congresswoman's July tweets had in fact boosted sales. But the CNN source disputed that the controversy has been good for the company, and Goya's sales figures are not publicly disclosed.
"It's hard to really say [the controversy hurt sales] but sales growth is less than it was pre-him speaking at the Rose Garden," said the source.
Goya did not respond to requests for comment from CNN. The company, founded in 1936 by Don Prudencio Unanue and his wife, Carolina, now has more than 4,000 employees in 26 facilities throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and Spain, according to the company's web site.

PP

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1876 Post by FD2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:00 am

It seems to me that if any group of people of similar political or personal interests does not agree with the government that has been legally elected, then the only solution nowadays is to start a riot. The normally sensible Dutch seem to have caught the disease and are now rioting because they do not like the idea of a curfew being imposed to slow the spread of Covid. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55810229 The French frequently go out on 'demos' to object to this or that diktat from their government, which can range from taxes to agriculture changes. British demonstrations are usually subdued affairs by comparison.

Left wing groups are causing trouble in the States with the excuse that Trump and the 'establishment' are/were rascals with no regard for the touchy feely beliefs of the modern 'woke' generation or the sanctity of human life. They now seem intent on continuing their campaign as Biden is not far enough 'left' for their liking, while the right wing militias think that the USA is going to Hell in a handcart if the woke brigade take over.

Throw in a bit of looting in order to grab the latest smart TV or iPhone and that will be copied by the next lot of rioters to let off steam.

It would be interesting to see these people's reaction if they really had something to moan about and had no recourse to any form of objection without getting their heads smashed by Russian style riot police or merely being thrown in prison and 'disappeared' like the Chinese are so good at doing. Thank God for our democracies, but the treatment of offenders should be even handed and even very harsh when required. We should also not withdraw the right to free speech without very careful consideration of what limits are being breached, but certainly not at the whim of multi-billionaire social media tycoons.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#1877 Post by Dushan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:21 pm

FD2 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:00 am
It seems to me that if any group of people of similar political or personal interests does not agree with the government that has been legally elected, then the only solution nowadays is to start a riot. The normally sensible Dutch seem to have caught the disease and are now rioting because they do not like the idea of a curfew being imposed to slow the spread of Covid. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55810229 The French frequently go out on 'demos' to object to this or that diktat from their government, which can range from taxes to agriculture changes. British demonstrations are usually subdued affairs by comparison.

Left wing groups are causing trouble in the States with the excuse that Trump and the 'establishment' are/were rascals with no regard for the touchy feely beliefs of the modern 'woke' generation or the sanctity of human life. They now seem intent on continuing their campaign as Biden is not far enough 'left' for their liking, while the right wing militias think that the USA is going to Hell in a handcart if the woke brigade take over.

Throw in a bit of looting in order to grab the latest smart TV or iPhone and that will be copied by the next lot of rioters to let off steam.

It would be interesting to see these people's reaction if they really had something to moan about and had no recourse to any form of objection without getting their heads smashed by Russian style riot police or merely being thrown in prison and 'disappeared' like the Chinese are so good at doing. Thank God for our democracies, but the treatment of offenders should be even handed and even very harsh when required. We should also not withdraw the right to free speech without very careful consideration of what limits are being breached, but certainly not at the whim of multi-billionaire social media tycoons.
I think the Dutch know a thing or two about totalitarian behaviour, curfews etc. and are not willing to give in this time.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1878 Post by FD2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:40 pm

The Dutch do not live in a 'totalitarian' regime as the rioters would no doubt accuse their government of being. They, like so many young people, have never had much except invented woke offences to whine about, until now, when their selfish attitudes threaten to bring about a worsening of the Covid plague with no thought for others - especially their parents and grandparents - who would no doubt give a chorus of 'dat kan niets'.

Those older generations are appalled and certainly not in favour of this disorder precisely because they do remember the German occupation and have since built a country which is largely run on consensus lines, like many small committees agreeing on local issues, which leads to it being a pleasant place to live, if slightly bureaucratic. Their government is trying to stop the country becoming like the UK disaster area. It's just the usual grouping of young people who know better than their government. Seem familiar?

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1879 Post by FD2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:47 pm

ps not willing to give in this time

To what? What have they given in to in the past? They fought the Germans as best they could and many starved to death as a result.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#1880 Post by Dushan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:12 pm

FD2 wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:47 pm
ps not willing to give in this time

To what? What have they given in to in the past? They fought the Germans as best they could and many starved to death as a result.
Exactly! Maybe give in was a wrong choice of words. Not willing to go through with it again is better. The point is they had enough, and soon the rest of the world will.