Chaos in USA

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Dushan
Capt
Capt

Re: Chaos in USA

#461 Post by Dushan » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:44 pm

While it’s technically possible, I do t think that Apple would bother to go int their system and flag the stole serial numbers. Registration of an item is done at the user level, not the company itself. Cellular phone companies have the ability to blacklist the IMEI numbers so that they cannot be used on their system, and they share the last with other phone companies, but that is usually done after a functioning phone is stolen.

I am sure Apple is insured and will write off the deductible as a cost of doing business.

In related news, Apple announce a 12% price increase on all products citing COVID-19 related cost increases.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#462 Post by llondel » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:15 am

OK, now Trump is talking about deploying the US armed forces against US citizens. I haven't caught up with it yet but it seems he ordered a bunch of demonstrators to be tear-gassed because they were spoiling his photo-op today.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#463 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:40 am

llondel wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:15 am
OK, now Trump is talking about deploying the US armed forces against US citizens.
And if the US armed forces refused, what then?
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#464 Post by John Hill » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:02 am

llondel wrote:
OK, now Trump is talking about deploying the US armed forces against US citizens. I haven't caught up with it yet but it seems he ordered a bunch of demonstrators to be tear-gassed because they were spoiling his photo-op today.

Yeah but waddabout Posse Comitatus!!!! ???
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#465 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:53 am

Protesters open fire on police in St Louis.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#466 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:19 am

That's what the right to bear arms is all about, eh boys?
The right of the citizen to defend him/herself.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#467 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:06 am

Chump has been at war with the news media for some time, even turning against the social media.

Now he appears to be at war with the American people.

As an Emperor of a fascist country, he appears to embody a hybrid of the worst of Caligula and Nero.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#468 Post by Boac » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:19 am

Good job the citizens can arm themselves against the wicked Emperor. You can suddenly see the sense in the amendment.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#469 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:26 am

I see that he is now posturing as a some kind of religious person. St Paul, or summat. Not very credible, as in so much else that he does and says.

He had his thugs tear-gas the citizens in the streets so that could make an Imperial Progress and pose outside a local church with a bible in his hand.

I understand that the vicar is ever so slightly pissed off about the stunt.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#470 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:32 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:26 am
I see that he is now posturing as a some kind of religious person. St Paul, or summat. Not very credible, as in so much else that he does and says.

He had his thugs tear-gas the citizens in the streets so that could make an Imperial Progress and pose outside a local church with a bible in his hand.

I understand that the vicar is ever so slightly pissed off about the stunt.
Commander Bone Spurs, aka the "Bunker Boy" is a disgrace to his office. Never has the USA seen a more cunning stunt in office in the checquered history of US presidents over the years
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#471 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:32 am

U P said “a hybrid of the worst of Caligula and Nero”.
Francois Mitterrand said of Blessed Margaret Milk-Snatcher “she has the eyes of Caligula but the mouth of Marilyn Monroe”.
If Chump has the Caligulan eyes, whose mouth does he have, with those almost permanently pursed and puckered lips?
Answers on a postcard please...
Some more quotes re Blessed Marg are attached to lighten the mood as that “Special Relationship” with good old Blighty might soon be under some strain...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/u ... -1.1353069

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#472 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:33 am

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#473 Post by Woody » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:52 am

Live from the Oval Office :D

When all else fails, read the instructions.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#474 Post by FD2 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:36 am

With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Australia is investigating a US police attack on two Australian television journalists outside the White House, the foreign minister said Tuesday, expressing "strong concerns" about the assault caught live on camera.

"We have asked the Australian embassy in Washington, DC to investigate this incident," Marise Payne said after the journalists were slammed with a riot shield, punched and hit with a baton while broadcasting from the protest.

"I want to get further advice on how we would go about registering Australia's strong concerns with the responsible local authorities in Washington," she said, indicating a formal complaint would follow.

Daily Telegraph

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#475 Post by FD2 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:59 am

An object lesson in deflection. Of course the looters should be stopped, but it looks very like the people who are out protesting and the Press who are reporting it are being targeted instead. How long before the real bullets start flying I wonder, like the Kent State murder of 13 students? What has the big man said about investigating the underlying causes of frustration and anger?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/52886249/ge ... -to-church

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#476 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:10 pm

FD2 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:59 am
An object lesson in deflection. Of course the looters should be stopped, but it looks very like the people who are out protesting and the Press who are reporting it are being targeted instead. How long before the real bullets start flying I wonder, like the Kent State murder of 13 students? What has the big man said about investigating the underlying causes of frustration and anger?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/52886249/ge ... -to-church
+1
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#477 Post by BenThere » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:32 pm

As I recall Kent State's turmoil resulted in four, not thirteen, fatalities. But that's a quibble.

I'd like more detail on the 'attack on Australian journalists' before I come to a conclusion. Why were they attacked, what were they doing, did they resist security efforts?

Regarding real bullets flying, we'll see that if and when the riots spread to the suburbs. I just had a backyard discussion with the neighbors on my alley in suburban Detroit. We are almost all locked and loaded. If the confrontation comes to us I'm pretty sure bullets will be flying, which is a big reason why the confrontation won't come to us. Our 2nd Amendment is a treasure to be preserved and defended.

As we see in the nightly news, Democrat-governed US, gun controlled, urban cities are being devastated by rioting and anarchy. But if you get outside the big central cities people can and do defend themselves with their shotguns, rifles, and pistols, as I do. I suggest the last thing the left wants to do is take the fight to destroy America outside the Democrat-controlled cities. My expectation is that we would mow them down, thanks to the 2nd Amendment. Interestingly, firearms sales in the US reached an all-time record in May.

Seenenough

#478 Post by Seenenough » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Alisoncc wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:40 am
llondel wrote:
OK, now Trump is talking about deploying the US armed forces against US citizens.
And if the US armed forces refused, what then?
Unlikely to happen as the protests are no longer protests and are now riots.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#479 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Most of the protests are not riots at all. They are protests against police brutality and racism.

Those people who were attacked with tear-gas bombs to allow the Emperor to so ridiculously pose with a bible in his hand were not at all rioting. They were protesting peacefully and lawfully.

The American propensity for violence and thuggery and insane use of firearms is the problem, not a solution. It partly debars them from civilised behaviour, both in their own country and even more so in other peoples' countries.

America needs reform, not escalation of its own violence and malevolence.

The incompetent cut'n'paste from the Bill of Rights is part of the problem and is well over 200 years past the time to amend its nonsense.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#480 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:47 pm

Threatening to use troops against your own people is the signature of a truly fascist regime!

We got ourselves a real would be dictator here folks! What a surprise.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."