A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#1101 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:47 am

Boac wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:41 am
Test, track and trace would appear to be another dismal Tony Hancockcockup if initial reports are to be believed. Government spokespersons have been so far 'unable' to tell any media enquiries what the results of the system which started last Thursday have been - I wonder why? According to some information Channel 4 news produced, around 4634 'diseased' had been identified by Sunday night and only 1,749 of these 'contacted' for 'tracing'. We have also heard reports from the huge 'Hancock army' of TTT 'recruits' that many have sat idle for days. We have been told the UK is running at around 8000 CONFIRMED C19 infections per day. On that basis, there was, by Sunday evening, a backlog of around 22,000 waiting to be processed, to be added to the 16,000 accumulated since then. On this system, confidence in the 'surprise', knee-jerk "let's feed some good news to the rabble' relaxation of lockdown rules hangs.

Add to this the magnificent (and unexpected) 'achievement' of Hancockcockup of '100,000 test per day by 30 April' appears to have been 'achieved' by counting both of the two necessary swab tests per person as 'two tests' and including around 40,000 'test kits' sent out by post on 30 April. OH YES!! No wonder the statisticians are complaining.

This Bojo/Scummings government with its 'World-beating Test, Track and Trace' system needs booting out!
Succinctly and accurately stated.

+1 on the proposed remedy.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1102 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:54 am

Ibbie wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:03 am
"Doing it for the victims"...needed to get the tourism industry "up and running faster"...."we have an unprecedented package of support - the most comprehensive in the world - both for employees and businesses"..... these remarks don't fool anyone. Is she deaf or proving she is yet another of Boris's gang not fit for purpose?
Now they're looking at ways to open the floodgates of unlimited numbers of infected people coming into Britain by air and by sea and by tunnel.

Madness!

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1103 Post by om15 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:02 am

boac, Out of curiosity who would you replace them with? anyone else would be just as bad, at least this lot are firm on Europe, if we had Starmer it would be Mrs May all over again.

I am starting to think that all the track and trace and so on are unnecessary, current behaviors would make it all meaningless, those of us with any sense are keeping our distance and washing our hands, those that haven't are not, let's see who are left standing at the end.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1104 Post by Ibbie » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:07 am

Good job the Tories don't have an MP named WORTH and in the government. He would obviously be named Harry.

I must check to see if Hancock and Grayling went to the same school, such is the similarity and frequency of cockups.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1105 Post by Woody » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:10 am

Now they're looking at ways to open the floodgates of unlimited numbers of infected people coming into Britain by air and by sea and by tunnel.
Seeing as the UK is about a month behind on controlling the outbreak, who is going to want to come here anyway, apart from the dinghy mob in Northern France?
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1106 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:14 am

Woody wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:10 am
Seeing as the UK is about a month behind on controlling the outbreak, who is going to want to come here anyway, apart from the dinghy mob in Northern France?
Only already infected people, I guess. :-s

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1107 Post by Ibbie » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:16 am

apart from the dinghy mob in Northern France?
Drone and aircraft on patrol this morning. Much activity.

Why are several Chinese airlines still flying daily into Heathrow? Surely this should have been restricted/curtailed months ago?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1108 Post by Woody » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:45 am

Why are several Chinese airlines still flying daily into Heathrow? Surely this should have been restricted/curtailed months ago?
China has no cases allegedly :-o

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1109 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:52 am

The UK should have had health checks at 'ports' from day 1 - it wouldn't have caught all, but it would have found some.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1110 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:55 am

om15 wrote:if we had Starmer it would be Mrs May all over again.
Starmer has 'woken up and smelt the coffee' as the saying goes and has announced he recognises the Brexit decision and would not seek to change it if in power.

I assume he is trying hard to make himself 'electable'!

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1111 Post by FD2 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:01 am

Has Starmer asked permission from Momentum to say that? 8-|

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1112 Post by Woody » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:04 am

Hancock strikes again X(
A contact tracer working on the NHS Test and Trace coronavirus scheme says she has not been asked to speak to anyone since beginning work last week.
The clinician told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire she had worked 38 hours but had yet to make a single phone call and spent the time watching Netflix.
"It's frustrating to know that I'm sat idle when there's people that need contacting," they said.
The government said this does not reflect the amount of work under way.
"Becky" spoke to the BBC on condition of anonymity, and said she has watched nearly three series of comedy The Good Place, despite being available to help isolate people.
"I'm yet to make a single phone call or be assigned a case," the nurse said.
"I've had no contact from anyone. I've had no contact from supervisors. I've literally been on the system, refreshed the system, and entertained myself during that watching Netflix.
"I've just watched it alongside going back to the system, refreshing it, occasionally having to log back in because it's timed out. I have yet to have contact with anybody regarding contact tracing."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1113 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:00 pm

Just watched as much as I could stand of Bojo at the dispatch box. It was embarrassing - um, er, stutter, stumble. He is a shambles. I do fear now for the success of Brexit. At least he has pushed Tony out of the way, although having Bojo in charge..................??

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1114 Post by Boac » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:15 pm

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1115 Post by barkingmad » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:56 pm

Bearing in mind the Covid-19 death statistics were already suspect all along, can we please just stop this destructive lockdown crap and get back to some sort of non fear-infested ‘normality’?
Then we can settle down, having wrecked the younger generations’ lives and wait for the inevitable inquiry which will take £squillions, time and resources which could be better spent elsewhere.
If this is typical of the sort of records being kept currently then we’re all being lied to wholesale by the BoJo circus;

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the ... al-scandal

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1116 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:16 pm

The whole of this testing shambles is part of the numbers game come charade, run by the government to try and bamboozle the very gullible members of the public.

Was talking to a local GP who says that only a very small number of the, already exaggerated number, of test results actually being obtained are making it onto the relevant NHS databases, so that most of the effort involved here is for nought, save for keeping up the appearance that this shambles of a government is actually on top of anything.

Just wait until all this is exacerbated by the ensuing incompetence when it comes to the dog's Brexit they will make of Brexit.

The British, known for shooting themselves in both feet and then sitting on a cactus for good measure! Tis pitiful to see and even worse to be part of.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1117 Post by OFSO » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:27 pm

....and most every other country in Europe.....

I know for a fact that in Spain the attitude was "if it looks like Covid-19, it must be Covid". Death certificate ? You are joking, again I KNOW this, having had a friend die in hospital, no explanation given nor certificate issued. Autopsies in a country where burial or cremation always takes place on the day following death ? No time ! Testing ? My at-risk friends in Barcelona haven't been able to be tested, nor their friends. They ENVY us, folks.

Want lower death rates in Paris ? Transport patients on the TGVs to the provinces and let them die there. Does wonders for statistics.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1118 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:42 am

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1119 Post by OFSO » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:54 am

Black lives do matter - especially to the drug consumers of Islington. On my late night walks I see numerous black youths riding unlit bicycles, at speed, carrying small packages. One youth was carrying a small blue plastic bag of the sort dog owners use for the poop of their dogs, which he could hurl away into the gutter if stopped. A few blacked-out cars cruise the neighbourhood or wait at the curbside to replenish the cycle riders. This in an expensive area with expensive cars. Amazon deliveries by day, coke by night.

Capetonian

#1120 Post by Capetonian » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 am

If black lives matter so much why don't they eff off back to.Africa or Jamaica and help some of their brethren there.