A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#3381 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:13 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:11 am
Now 'Queen Canute' is going to 'turn back the migrant boats'.
Why now? Why not last year?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3382 Post by Boac » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:14 am

Didn't have the gold-encrusted chair upon which to sit on the beach?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3383 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:18 am

The appropriately named Dick, she who ordered the murder of the Brazilian electrician, has the full support of Bunter.
Critics of Metropolitan Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick have signed a letter addressed to the prime minister urging for her to be replaced.

The open letter accuses her of "presiding over a culture of incompetence and cover-up".

It comes after media reports suggested Dame Cressida had been offered a two-year extension to her contract.

Since her appointment in 2017, she has been involved in a series of controversies.

The letter - signatories of which include Baroness Lawrence, mother of teenager Stephen Lawrence, who died in a racist attack in 1993, and Lady Brittan, whose home was raided when her late husband Lord Brittan was falsely accused of child abuse - said the commissioner should be "replaced by an appointee outside of London via a truly independent and transparent process".

She was the first woman to lead London's force since its inception in 1829 and is coming to the end of a five-year contract that is due to end in April next year.

Media reports have said Home Secretary Priti Patel, in consultation with London Mayor Sadiq Khan and Downing Street, has asked her to stay for a further two years.

She resisted pressure on her to resign in March when the Met came under scrutiny over the handling of a vigil held in memory of Sarah Everard, the marketing executive murdered by former Met Police PC Wayne Couzens.

In June, a report on the unsolved 1987 murder of Daniel Morgan accused the force of institutional corruption and sparked denials from the Met's leadership.

Bunter's support for the murderous bull dyke says a lot about both him and her.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3384 Post by Boac » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:20 pm

My predictions on the current BS from HMG:

There may be a token attempt to turn a migrant boat around and send it back to France, but it will not continue as some reason will be found to stop the policy, either 'humanitatian' or 'diplomatic', and probably a new 'thought out' policy will be announced. The great gullible Tory voters will then forget about it within a few days.

The NHS will be shown to have received very little nett money out of the taxation changes. 'Care' will not get any as there will be some sort of 'fudge' developed where care undergoes a name change and re-organisation so the 'money' is untraceable. The overall situation - desperate for some - will continue. See last sentence above.

Dick will stay on for 2 more years. Omerta rules. The Met will not change. See last sentence above above.

I DO hope I am wrong.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3385 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:25 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:18 am
....Bunter's support for the murderous bull dyke says a lot about both him and her.
She must have an encyclopaedia's worth of dirt on him and others in her little black book.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3386 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:57 pm

I'll bet she does!

I'd also bet that Stella Rimington has got a wee black book too. She seems to glide into lucrative directorships ever so easily.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3387 Post by Boac » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:29 pm

Eddie Mair v Liz Truss on LBC

Eddie Mair: "But what about people who changed their minds between then and now?" (about Brexit)

Liz Truss: "I don’t think people have their changed their minds"

Eddie Mair: "You have"

Liz Truss: "I have that’s true"

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3388 Post by Boac » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:58 pm

In #3384 I wrote:Dick will stay on for 2 more years. Omerta rules. The Met will not change. See last sentence above above.
Looks as if we have a longer Dick than we hoped for.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3389 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:58 pm
In #3384 I wrote:Dick will stay on for 2 more years. Omerta rules. The Met will not change. See last sentence above above.
Looks as if we have a longer Dick than we hoped for.
The only dick to have is a big swinging one... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3390 Post by Boac » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:23 am

I think any right-minded person would be concerned if a Farage moved in next door.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3391 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:47 am

Boac wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:23 am
I think any right-minded person would be concerned if a Farage moved in next door.
With a German wife. Mitt papieren.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3392 Post by Boac » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:07 pm

I see that dreadful Patel woman pushed the channel migrant record to a new high of 2000 in the last week. New policy obviously working.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3393 Post by OFSO » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Compared to the people I have next door* Nigel Farage would be companionable.

* Next door being figuerative, on a mountain. Let's just say neighbours who do anything to avoid attracting attention, including doing digging in their garden at midnight.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3394 Post by FD2 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:23 pm

Rochdale grooming gang member, 51, who got girl, 13, pregnant, complains about having 'no rights' and 'surviving' on benefits at tribunal to deport him back to Pakistan

Adil Khan, 51, also said the Home Office had taken his driving licence from him
Khan and former taxi driver Qari Abdul Rauf, 52, are to be sent back to Pakistan
Both men are appealing against decision to deport them following legal battle

By Harry Howard For Mailonline

Published: 02:33 AEST, 14 September 2021 | Updated: 02:35 AEST, 14 September 2021

A man who was part of the notorious Rochdale grooming gang has complained about his treatment in Britain at a tribunal hearing to deport him back to Pakistan.

Adil Khan, 51, said the Home Office had taken his driving licence from him and he was 'surviving' on benefits.

Khan and former taxi driver Qari Abdul Rauf, 52, have been told they are to be sent back to Pakistan for the public good after they were part of a gang convicted of a catalogue of serious sex offences against young girls.

Both men are appealing against the decision to deport them following a six-year legal battle after which they lost the right to remain in the UK.

Khan got a girl, 13, pregnant but denied he was the father, then met another girl, 15, and trafficked her to others using violence when she complained.

He was sentenced to eight years in 2012 and released on licence four years later.

At an Immigration Tribunal hearing on Monday to discuss his case, Khan complained about having no rights in the UK.

Speaking through a Mirpuri translator, he said: 'But I cannot exercise any rights in this country as an individual. I cannot do anything for my family, I'm just surviving on my son's benefits.

'I cannot take my son to school if it is raining, we cannot afford a taxi.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ights.html

Of course he is not a representative of the majority of his kin folk, but just WTF does some bad apple have to do to get taken straight from jail to the airport? Six year legal battle? Who paid for that I wonder?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3395 Post by OFSO » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:50 pm

So the new regs are in and we still have to test on Day 2 after entering the UK, but with cheaper tests. Will NHS tests do? Then report the results to the Gov. I'm confused. Do we still have to report where we are going to be? You have to give someone your mobile phone number so if something happens someone can contact you. Hope the Gov can cope with a number starting 00-34-

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3396 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:03 pm

0044 would probably not work either.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3397 Post by Ibbie » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:05 am

Set of feckwits, the lot of them, OFSO.

Retaining a lateral flow test in England on Day 2 is sheer stupidity and smacks of we must still cause inconveinience, because we can.

Then you have the tin pot dictators of Wales and Scotland leaving the tests the same as they are. So their citizens will simply fly into English airports (if they have any brains) and drive/train over the borders.

An obvious to most people, but not the rulers, cost to their airport operators with loss of passenger throughput.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3398 Post by OFSO » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:20 am

We are going in December unless things get worse in the UK or Spain gets the Sixth Wave. I intend to make things as complicated as possible. Train of course. Spain to France no controls, so for the UK we shall be "coming from France." Spain? Never heard of it. On the return "Going to Spain" so Froggy inquisitors can pee off. Sur vôtre bicyclettes, message amis. .

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3399 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Two small energy firms in the UK went bust last week. Four more are expected to go bust next week…….
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58610561
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3400 Post by Boac » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:00 am

I am getting a lot of 'no answers' to emails from all sorts of local and national government email addresses - often a 'we're very busy' but also nothing at all! I wonder if this is some sort of policy to try and dissuade questions?