A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#5901 Post by Woody » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:59 pm

OneHungLow wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:41 pm
How many children has the man had? No wonder he has had so little time for government, governance or any good sense! =))
Didn’t his father make a statement along the lines of that 25 million should be the population of the UK, mind you he is responsible for 6 children #-o
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5902 Post by Woody » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:17 pm

He’s been on the nose candy again!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... quiry.html

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5903 Post by OneHungLow » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:03 pm

Woody wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:17 pm
He’s been on the nose candy again!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... quiry.html
I doubt that he is that much fun to be with. He is an egregious prick!

**** him!

May the devil pass water and petrol on him before he is consigned to hell!
The observer of fools in military south and north...

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5904 Post by OneHungLow » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:09 pm

What a dismal end of life for a man who clearly deserves so much better, and his case just amplifies the malaise and poverty of both pocket and spirit that prevails in this land and that also highlights the failure of national and local government.
A 98-year-old D-day veteran has been evicted from his rented bungalow in Dorset and moved into a single room in a hostel.

AG.JPG

Alfred Guenigault lived for seven years in the rented property in Ferndown with his daughter Deb Dean, who is his carer, and her husband, Bernard Dean. All three have been forced to move after being served with a no-fault eviction notice by their landlord.

Dorset council said it would work with the family to find suitable accommodation. It said: “Unfortunately, being homeless inevitably comes with disruption and upheaval, which we seek to mitigate in so far as possible.”

Christopher Chope, the MP for Christchurch, said: “The government is finding an enormous amount of money to pay for asylum seekers to live on a barge at Portland with lots of costs to Dorset council, yet the concerns of local people seem to be relegated down the pecking order. The council should be doing more in this case.”

Jimmy Dukes, the chief executive of the charity UK Homes 4 Heroes, said: “It is a disgrace. This is a man who served his country and he is treated like this. They should give him a bit of dignity.”

Dorset council has told Guenigault, who has cancer, kidney disease and a broken hip, that it could be months before they can rehouse the three of them.

The single room in St Gabriel’s hostel in neighbouring Verwood has one hospital-style bed for Guenigault and he has to share a kitchen and bathroom with other residents. His daughter and son-in-law are living in a separate room in the same hostel.

Deb Dean said: “We received a solicitor’s letter for a no-fault eviction. The elderly landlord is a friend of ours but he is in ill health and his children have decided to sell. They have followed the correct process so our issue is not so much with them but with Dorset council. We are told we could be in a hostel for six to eight months. My concern is that in six months he may not even be here any more.

“He also won’t be able to see his grandchildren or any of his church friends who come over to see him. His life is in Ferndown. My father fought in the war and this is the treatment he gets. He is so proud of his medals but he has told me they seem worthless.”

Guenigault said: “I don’t want to make a fuss. I suppose life goes on. The problem is I have lived too long.”

Dorset council said it would work with the family to find suitable accommodation. It said: “Unfortunately, being homeless inevitably comes with disruption and upheaval, which we seek to mitigate in so far as possible.”

Christopher Chope, the MP for Christchurch, said: “The government is finding an enormous amount of money to pay for asylum seekers to live on a barge at Portland with lots of costs to Dorset council, yet the concerns of local people seem to be relegated down the pecking order. The council should be doing more in this case.”

Jimmy Dukes, the chief executive of the charity UK Homes 4 Heroes, said: “It is a disgrace. This is a man who served his country and he is treated like this. They should give him a bit of dignity.”

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5905 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:23 pm

The world has gone completely mad - from the Torygraph:

"The Environment Secretary has launched an investigation after it emerged tampons and sanitary pads are being supplied in the men’s lavatories in her department.

Thérèse Coffey called for the investigation after a Freedom of Information (FoI) request revealed that feminine hygiene products are regularly replenished in the male lavatories, as well as the female ones, at the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) – despite staff also being offered the use of gender-neutral lavatories."

I suppose these days you may never know who has a 'bonus hole'...................... :-o

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5906 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:08 pm

I imagine that the items are being taken 'for a friend'.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5907 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:08 am

Well done Mick Lynch

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5908 Post by OneHungLow » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:51 am

Mick Lynch for PM.

He is eloquent, intelligent and generally right, unlike the little brown turd currently in Downing Street and that limp dick of a Labour leader Keir Smarmy, or whatever his name is!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5909 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:55 pm

Ben Wallace throws in the towel https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66213245

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5910 Post by OneHungLow » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:30 pm

Boac wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:55 pm
Ben Wallace throws in the towel https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66213245
I read that he had hoped to become NATO secretary-general.

It is telling that he is one of the more competent government ministers. Not a high bar to better I accept.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5911 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:42 pm

I read that he had hoped to become NATO secretary-general.
Indeed, but sleepy Joe wanted a EU head for NATO and it looks like Ursula will be it. Overall I think a EU head is better than a UK as that is where the balance of power is, but Ursula...........??!!.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5912 Post by Woody » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:27 pm

Is anyone keeping a count of how many Tory MPs are quitting at the next General Election, will they have enough candidates to fill the vacancies?

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5913 Post by OneHungLow » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:21 pm

Woody wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:27 pm
Is anyone keeping a count of how many Tory MPs are quitting at the next General Election, will they have enough candidates to fill the vacancies?
We should beware, that we don't replace one idiot with another mind! Whatever their party affiliation, such is the degraded nature of our society these days.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5914 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:11 am

Woody wrote:
Various meeja saying yesterday, Sunday 16 July, the number of potential jumping rats was 40.

But as the next UK General Election will be a farce, as usual, due to a forecast low turnout as Joe Public is disillusioned and generally hacked off with the entire UK theatre de la merde.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5915 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:55 am

Woody wrote:
Our totally useless MP hasn't joined the list as of yet and I don't expect him to. He's worming his way up the greasy pole but there's always a chance that this true-blue constituency could change colour at the GE. He's doing a fine job of disenchanting to voters - even Mrs 4ma (Tory voter at every local and national election) has decided to place her vote elsewhere; I gave up on him quite a while ago.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5916 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:59 am

Telegraph
The former Cabinet minister [Heseltine] said fewer people would move to the UK if Britain and Western countries spent more on aid as part of a “moral” approach to immigration policy.

He also said Europe should impose a
protective barrierto reduce the flow of migration, which he said was “in its infancy compared with what generations yet to come are going to face”.

Condoms?

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5917 Post by tango15 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:23 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:59 am
Telegraph
The former Cabinet minister [Heseltine] said fewer people would move to the UK if Britain and Western countries spent more on aid as part of a “moral” approach to immigration policy.

protective barrierto reduce the flow of migration, which he said was “in its infancy compared with what generations yet to come are going to face”.

Condoms?
Yer can't trust them with condoms, one because they'll 'forget' to use them, and two because they're unreliable - the condoms, I mean, especially if they're locally manufactured. I remember being told in Russia many years ago that the biggest form of contraception was abortion, because the locally-made ones were always splitting :-o

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5918 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:30 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:59 am
Telegraph

Condoms?
Are you referring to this former Tory minister's thoughts on birth control;

https://www.priory-antiques.co.uk/produ ... -march-80/

And this quote referring to his effect on the outcome of the leadership contest at that time;

"Where Joseph led, Thatcher “almost invisibly” followed, as one journalist described it. Her public statements may have been more guarded than his, but she had staked her political future on Joseph’s cause, agreeing to become the vice-chair of the new think tank he had decided to launch.

The Tories’ defeat in the October 1974 election placed Heath’s position in jeopardy. Thatcher had no intentions of trying to unseat him herself, instead believing that “Keith must be our candidate.”

However, a disastrous speech by Joseph on poverty in which, referring to supposedly high birth rates among poor mothers, he suggested “our human stock is threatened,” scuppered his potential candidacy.

Amid a media uproar, Thatcher threw her hat into the ring and announced she would challenge Heath. It was undoubtedly a brave move.

“I was really rather shocked,” she recalled towards the end of her life, because Joseph “really was the leader.”

Heath’s poor performance at the polls and unpopularity among Tory MPs ensured Thatcher’s victory over him in January 1975. As Sherman rightly argued, however, Joseph’s role had been critical.

“If it hadn’t been for Keith, Heath’s position would not have been shaken, and Margaret would not have become leader,”

Source: Timesofisrael.com to which I do not subscribe... :)) =))

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5919 Post by Woody » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:19 pm

Sometimes all the crap on Twitter is worth it :))

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5920 Post by Woody » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:43 pm

4Ma, you’re lucky that you have got AbsentAdam as your representative, he makes Nadine look like a real workaholic :((