bob2s
Capt
Capt

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#6302 Post by bob2s » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:36 pm

Woody wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:54 am
https://x.com/localnotail/status/176879 ... 16346?s=46

It would appear to be another case of rule by the minority, without asking the majority for their input.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6303 Post by FD2 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:05 pm

Authorities seem to be scared stiff of causing a twitter storm or having statues/paintings/windows/roads glued or re-painted by the self-righteous moronic hordes -instead of sticking to their principles. That's the principles that the silent majority are keen on maintaining, but dare not speak for fear of causing vitriolic reactions. Just watch the lead up to the next general election, whenever Sunak dares to announce it. 'Social' media platforms have played a large part in the degradation of national standards of behaviour which verge on anarchy at times. The police just stand back and watch.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6304 Post by FD2 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 pm

I couldn't sum the present situation up better than this letter in the Spectator. Will Sunak be bumped in favour of the much more capable Mordaunt (she must be better because of the amount of criticism she is receiving)? Personally I think the Tories are out for many years and deservedly so, but cannot work up any enthusiasm for the Opposition either.

‘What do voters have to thank the government for?’ The short answer from this once loyal supporter is sadly ‘nothing’. It is hard to think of one single aspect of British life, apart from state education, that has improved in the 14 years since they came to power. They have failed to secure Britain’s defences, to control legal and illegal immigration, to bring government expenditure under control, to restore the doctor/patient relationship, to control our streets, to resolve the Post Office scandal, to manage HS2, to end the mania in institutions over sexual identity, diversity, equity and inclusion. They have not stood up for traditional common sense, nor have they defended our country’s history from the minority seeking to traduce it. They have made no attempt to reduce the size of our ever-growing civil service. They have not sought to reduce bureaucracy, or restore the standards of community policing to those of even a decade ago.

In short, this has been the worst government of modern times, with the people becoming increasingly concerned about the future of their country, more fearful for their personal safety, more anxious about their children’s future, more doubtful of their country’s ability to stand up to an aggressor, more polarised in their opinions and more worried about the future stability of their society.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6305 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:21 pm

Given the current government is worse than the last one, and that there is ample evidence that this applies right the way back through previous governments for at least 30 years, whichever party gets in, and that this is true of leaders and governments throughout the western world, what are the odds that the next lot will be better?

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#6306 Post by Smeagol » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:24 pm

Seems to sum things up pretty well. Only thing I would argue with is that state education has improved in the last 14 years. I think that, also, has gone 'down the pan'.
We hates Bagginses!

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6307 Post by FD2 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:56 pm

Fox3WheresMyBanana wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:21 pm
Given the current government is worse than the last one, and that there is ample evidence that this applies right the way back through previous governments for at least 30 years, whichever party gets in, and that this is true of leaders and governments throughout the western world, what are the odds that the next lot will be better?
Plus 1!

Smeagol - yes I think that education is the weak point in that list!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6308 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:06 am

VAT on private schools.
One third at least will shut down within 3 years.
State sector won't be able to cope with the numbers.
And there's your weak point addressed.

Job jobbed!

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6309 Post by Woody » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:56 am

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6310 Post by Woody » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:40 pm

Here it is folks the list no one knew that they needed :))

https://www.danwoottonoutspoken.com/p/t ... -in-the-uk

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6311 Post by llondel » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:11 pm

Woody wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:40 pm
Here it is folks the list no one knew that they needed :))

https://www.danwoottonoutspoken.com/p/t ... -in-the-uk
Fortunately I've never heard of several of them until reading their names on that list. I do wonder what the left-wing equivalent list would be, then we could have fun merging the two lists to see the top hundred (not sure how many would be on both lists).

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6312 Post by Woody » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:16 pm

Former Conservative MP Scott Benton has resigned, setting up a by-election to replace him in his Blackpool South constituency.
Majority less than 4000, possibly May 2nd .

Richard Tice in Blackpool should be interesting :))

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6313 Post by Woody » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:12 am

So, if I give someone who’s blackmailing me a load of my colleagues contact details they’ll stop :-o

A senior Tory has told the Times he gave the personal numbers of fellow MPs to someone he met on a dating app.
William Wragg told the paper he shared the contacts, adding he was "scared" the individual had "compromising things on me".
He apologised and said he had "hurt people by being weak".
It comes amid reports that at least 12 men in Westminster have received unsolicited texts and naked pictures.
One ex-MP has told the BBC he was targeted as part of the suspected honeytrap attempt.
A Leicestershire Police spokesperson said they were investigating one of the cases, which was reported last month.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6314 Post by OFSO » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:04 am

Who elects these incompetent idiots ?
(Rhetorical Question as the answer is glaringly obvious).

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6315 Post by tango15 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:49 pm

Ask any ambo, or other senior member of an embassy anywhere in the world what their greatest fear is. A visit by a Royal Family member? Protests outside the embassy? A revolution? No, none of the above. The thing they fear most is a visit from a group of MPs. It seems that, once they are away from whatever constraints there are at Westminster, they behave like a bunch of kids, and do little to endear themselves to the host nation. Such stories do not reach the press of course. You can hardly imagine His Britannic Majesty's Ambassador phoning up a tabloid with a lurid story, much as they would love to print it. I have seen it at first-hand on several occasions, including one who is a household name.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6316 Post by Boac » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:30 pm

Mark Menzies (of Brazilian Rent-boy and misuse of Tory party funds fame) has stood down as an MP. He reportedly said 'I'll be bu##ered if I'll continue as an MP". Another one bites the dust (or pillow...) =))

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6317 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:24 pm

Bring back the Cold War!
When being a deeply insensitive, devious b@stard could get you a job as an RAF fighter pilot, whereas now the only options are Albanian gang enforcer or, if also completely shameless, a politician.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6318 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am

The Government’s modelling of the benefits of immigration has consistently overlooked the fiscal costs arising from pressure on housing, public services and welfare. That’s the ideological consensus I want to take on. The mass low-skilled migration we have experienced has in fact been a burden on the taxpayer.
Robert Jenrick, the previous Immigration Minister, so he ought to know.

https://conservativehome.com/2024/04/23 ... ce-brexit/
Several studies support Jenrick’s observation that mass immigration is an economic drag on developed nations.

In November 2021, a Danish Ministry of Finance report revealed that the net cost of immigration from non-Western countries, after tax contributions had been deducted, amounted to €4.2 billion in 2018.

Similarly, a study from the University of Amsterdam published in December last year revealed the net cost to the Dutch public sector for decades of mass immigration between 1995 and 2019 was €400 billion, averaging €17 billion a year.
..and basically, immigration, and the deliberate lying about it and other stuff by 20 years of politicians of all main parties, answers the OP's question.

I'd recommend reading the full interview. Immigration isn't the only cat he lets out of the bag. It's nothing anyone here hasn't said or worked out already, but I think it's significant that he's saying it.