WTF is happening in the UK?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#3221 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:16 am

Any chance of an explanation, PN? (Post #32i9)

Re The 'NHS Test and Trace app' it is suggested on Twatter that this was yet another 'value for money' delivery by Serco. Is this true?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3222 Post by OFSO » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:39 pm

I am incandescent with rage at the breakfast TV presenters (SKY, BBC, and ITV) who discuss the previous day's pronouncements and edicts by the UK government as if they were made by intelligent thoughtful beings with our best interests at heart, instead of cretinous self-promoting egoists with no qualifications or ability to assess any specific situation or desire to help the public, on whom they look down like Gods from their privileged mountain of luxury. I omit the disgusting Boris Johnson from the latter group as he hasn't yet climbed that far.
Bring back Piers Morgan.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3223 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:38 am

Watching George Useless on the BBC this AM trying to pretend HMG knew what it was doing gave me a huge sense of deja vu, but then I realised I had seen it all before.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3224 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:22 am

GMB ITV idiots this morning saying how important T&T is and how many lives it's saved. Hope they both get pinged soon. F off home and lockdown, oops I mean isolate, give me a bit of peace and quiet over brekkies.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3225 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:58 pm

I hear that a Member of Parliament was ejected from the House yesterday for calling Boris Johnson a liar (and substantiating her statement with numerous examples). What has happened to democracy? Quite apart from Parliamentary Privilege. Needless to say, no mention of the incident on my BBC App.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3226 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:10 pm

I understand is it a 'Rule' of parliamentary conduct that a member may not repeat such an accusation, hence she was ejected. However, the point was made.

It was amusing when Mr Ian Blackford said that "half the Conservative MPs were 'crooks" and on being picked up for that by the speaker agilely returned "half the Conservative MPs are not crooks".

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#3227 Post by k3k3 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:23 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:10 pm
It was amusing when Mr Ian Blackford said that "half the Conservative MPs were 'crooks" and on being picked up for that by the speaker agilely returned "half the Conservative MPs are not crooks".
I thought that was Dennis Skinner...

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3228 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:56 pm

You are right. I shall eat my copy of Hansard forthwith.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3229 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:54 pm

I though this was apposite:

"At this rate Johnson will produce more variants than children"

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3230 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:36 pm

So...... 11 is it?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3231 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:04 pm

A volunteer crew of a London RNLI station were apparently assaulted as they arrived for work. The assault is being blamed on 'BigFoot' Farage's comments about the RNLI and migrants and someone has reported the Telegraph and GB News have been stirring it up as well.

One must hope that Farage might find himself in need of the RNLI at some point. Of course being the terrific organisation they are they would not dream of letting him drone drown, but it would be so tempting.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3232 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:37 pm

BOAC, perhaps shades of those sadists at Mountbatten. Make sure you don't drown but make sure you stay in long enough to appreciate the benefits.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3233 Post by Boac » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:33 am

It appears that the 'assault' was thankfully 'verbal', not that that really changes the dreadful mental state of some of our 'citizens'.

Did you see one of BM's mates apparently punched a Police Horse at the latest 'anti-everything' rally?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3234 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:19 am

One of his Ozzy mates

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3235 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:31 pm

it's not surprising that such an address will never be shown by "Auntie Beeb", nor ITV nor that mysterious entity Channel4, which may account for the perceived need to set up another TV channel to rectify some of the shortcomings of those biased (in a different direction) networks;

https://www.gbnews.uk/shows/neil-oliver ... -us/114424

But, heyho, carry on sputtering into the chin diapers, confident about the sunlit uplands to where BoJo and the SAGE/NERVTAG circus are leading us all in the UK.

"Was it for this that Daddy died". (Thanks Pink Floyd!) ~X(

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3236 Post by barkingmad » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:44 pm

Just in case there are any here who thought this ‘bat-flu’ crap was about a nasty form of ordinary influenza, along comes the real reason for Covid1984 ‘pissports’ for the peasants;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rency.html

So, couple this with yer painfully acquired pissport and THEY now have TOTAL control as per the CCP social credit system...! [-X

F F S ! When are you lot going to wake up, or are you still undergoing the damaging and often fatal induced coma and forced ventilation which inflated the early ‘scores’ against the elderly, the obese and the existing co-morbidities victims? :-w :-?

Just in case anyone wondered why I always refer to the ‘bat-flu’ as Covid1984...

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3237 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:42 pm

The reason why central banksters hate Bitcoin is because they can't control it.

They want to create replacements for BTC by issuing bogus fiat currency in a form which they hope people will think of being a 'hard' currency.

That Wail article shows a spectacular lack of understanding of both of Bitcoin and of fiat currency.

Look at this nonsense!
There are also fears the introduction of Britcoin would lead to higher loan and mortgage rates as millions of people switched cash to central bank digital currency, eating into the amount of money high street banks have on deposit to lend to borrowers.
When a bank issues a loan it does not do so with depositor's money. That's not how the fractional reserve banking system of the Western world works.

When a bank issues a loan it conjures that money into existence by the act of creating a debt. The Pound coin or dollar bill in your pocket represents a debt that has been incurred by somebody somewhere. That debt may or may not ever be repaid by someone doing a Dollar or a Pound's worth of work. Factoring in all liabilities including state and public sector pensions, the UK national debt is £4.8 trillion, some £78,000 for every person in the UK. Do you believe that there is any possibility that any of those Pounds will ever be repaid?

When the Treasury wants to spend another Trillion Pounds they simply get The Bank of England to issue more debt. With each additional billion of fiat currency sloshing around the system, nobody is creating a billion Pounds or Dollars worth of wealth to give that billion some real value. In fact it does the opposite. It debases the currency by the same amount as has been issued.

Take a look at the scale of moneyprinting:

Note that the US and UK are by far the worst culprits.

I pinched that tabulation from Alasdair Macleod's excellent paper here.

Bitcoin is a proof of work done, not a hollow promise of future work which or may not ever be done. Bitcoin is fundamentally deflationary because only 21 million bitcoins will ever be created.

Britcoin would just be imaginary numbers on a computer. It will never represent actual work done. It'll simply be conjured out of thin air, just like all hollow fiat currencies.

The Pound Sterling hasn't been worth a pound of Sterling silver for hundreds of years. Since Nixon took the Dollar off the gold standard fifty years ago to fund The American War in Vietnam the value of the Dollar as measured by a hard currency such as gold has gone down by 96%. How many more years do you think it will take to wipe out the other 4%?

Britcoin is just a scam. A legalised fraud.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3238 Post by OFSO » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Totally different approach to The Scourge here in Catalunia. Many holiday villas occupied, happy people out in terraces and jumping in the pools. Sure infection rates are sky high but R has just today slipped below one and Covid ICU admissions are at 60%-ish. Frankly, faced with a choice between worry, panic and saying "f*ck it, let's get on with life end enjoy the good food and wine" everyone is going for the latter. Occasionally clips of the Combless Blond Buffoon making portentious pronouncments are shown on TV here but I don't think anyone watches.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3239 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:18 am

UP, so what happens to the BTC where the owner died and no one has the password? Or the man who forgot his password? Defected from the 21 million.

$900,000 worth of computers confiscated and steam rollered by the Malays - bit bent there.
Or the Thai who was killed in a mining explosion?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3240 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:18 am
UP, so what happens to the BTC where the owner died and no one has the password? Or the man who forgot his password? Defected from the 21 million.
Where the private key (password, if you like) is irretrievably lost then the BTC is irretrievably lost too.

It's another way in which BTC is intrinsically deflationary and another reason why it's value is destined continue to rise over the long term.

It's another way in which it's the opposite of fiat currency.