WTF is happening in the UK?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#2241 Post by Boac » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:13 am

Oh dear! I expect we have breached some 'human rights'.........................

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2242 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:30 am

Boac wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:13 am

A storm in a tea cup. If a couple of armed marines (actually 16 SBS types) can't manage to quell 9 7 unarmed, albeit desperate, Nigerians brandishing sharpened mangoes then God help this country!

What next? Will all "our heroes" be given VC's? I await the shrill shrieking of organs such as the Wail and Express and just wait for the "Special Forces" books... I can see the titles now "Operation Kano - Daring do and that kind of crap off the Isle of Wight"!

=))

Fecking amusing... for a Goblin anyway.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2243 Post by barkingmad » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:37 am

Boac wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:13 am
Relax, the 7 were just somewhat surprised at being welcomed so fulsomely by nice men in uniform as they’d been expecting a spell in a rubber dinghy and a sprint up a shingle beach.

Now they will have medical checks, replacement clothes, transport to a 5-star hotel and get issued with their first instalment of £40 per week and will vote on which Premier League football club for their treat before Christmas.

Immediate packing into the next Lagos-bound aircraft would definitely breach their human rights as would charges of piracy and doubtless the lawyers even now are sharpening their quills and drooling over the legal aid fees paid by you and me.

Nothing to see here, move along and make space for an interview with the Health Secretary!

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2244 Post by AtomKraft » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:54 am

The Beeb are busy 'puffing' the SBS action for all it's worth.
Can't imagine it was anything other than extremely one sided.

The real story is what happens next. Surely at some point we need to start sending these fuggers back to 'go'?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2245 Post by barkingmad » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:38 am

A K wrote: “The real story is what happens next. Surely at some point we need to start sending these fuggers back to 'go'?”

Only after they’ve received their £200 from landing on the ‘go’ square and have had the pick of the ‘Chance’ and ‘Community Chest’ cards will there be a decision on their fate.

With a spat developing ‘twixt the human rights lawyers coterie and HMG this one will be an interesting saga, that’s if I can a) stay alive in these dangerous times and b) summon up the interest to follow a predictable ultimately non-news story as the 7 melt into the background of the 7,500 illegals already arrived and resident in 2020.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2246 Post by Boac » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:02 am

They probably had an uncomfortable ride on the ship so they deserve some comfort at last.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#2247 Post by Bob » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:03 pm

The Eat Out to Help Out To spread it about arseholes have been doing well in the UK...World beating in fact

TAKE A LOOK.JPG
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2248 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:28 pm

No doubt the 7 will have kith and kin already ashore in Britain and, thereby, be entitled to enjoy an undisturbed right to remain (with benefits).

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2249 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:31 pm

Let's see. What if, in the middle of the worst pandemic in a hundred years, the gumment were to 'print' Billions of Pounds of funnymoney and hand that out in bribes to persuade infected people to go out to ill-ventilated pub-restaurants to infect uninfected people and to persuade uninfected people to go out to get themselves infected?

What could possibly go wrong with that idea?

What did they think was going to happen?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2250 Post by barkingmad » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:52 pm

The First Minister for Wales, one Mark Drakeford, has just cemented the loyalty and the votes of women of breedable age by the misinterpretation of his “non-essential” shopping items list.

Now sanitary products were amongst those being denied to Welsh shoppers, so is there any end to the madness of these lockdown measures being initiated “on the hoof”.

I suspect he’ll be given the hoof at the next Taff elections after that howler?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2251 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:05 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:52 pm
The First Minister for Wales, one Mark Drakeford, has just cemented the loyalty and the votes of women of breedable age by the misinterpretation of his “non-essential” shopping items list.

Now sanitary products were amongst those being denied to Welsh shoppers, so is there any end to the madness of these lockdown measures being initiated “on the hoof”.

Unbelievable...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2252 Post by Boac » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:17 pm

Quite believable, unfortunately. The odds of misinterpretation of guidelines are high. It appears the government guidance was clear - items that are normally sold in shops that have been closed cannot be sold in supermarkets. Pharmacies are open. One Tesco store screws it up and the media, twitter and forum frenzy begins.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2253 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Britain needs to treat this pandemic disaster as a British disaster, not as a localised thing which has some kind of imaginary boundary at a county line drawn on a map.

The virus goes where people go. Attempting to prevent people from crossing county lines will forever be completely unworkable. So-called 'national' boundaries are no more than county boundaries.

The nationality is British. The country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain (and another place). The UK government needs to start behaving like its name suggests and tell these little oiks to **** and to get onside with the British government instead of trying to displace or replicate it on a parochial scale.

A classic example of the idiocy of letting local parochial politicians interfere in British affairs was shown by Wee Jimmy Krankie. A week before the biggest and most tribal fitbaa game of the year, when she knew that the habit of the tribes is to gather in pubs and bawl and shout and yell and sing in a confined ill-ventilated space, what did she do? She shut the pubs on a localised basis.

What do you think happened next? Yup, the Weegies and tens of thousands of other lowland belt supporters of the two tribes **** off to Blackpool to do what they would have done in their local pubs. Result?: Predictable. Massive crossinfections took place in Blackpool. The newly and previously infected all went back to the Lowlands and infected even more people. Of course the Blackpool figures don't record these Blackpool infections because they only become apparent after the newly infected have departed.

We need a coherent Natioanal plan, not half a hundred varying and mostly incomprehensible local plans.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2254 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:01 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:55 pm
Britain needs to treat this pandemic disaster as a British disaster, not as a localised thing which has some kind of imaginary boundary at a county line drawn on a map.

The virus goes where people go. Attempting to prevent people from crossing county lines will forever be completely unworkable. So-called 'national' boundaries are no more than county boundaries.

The nationality is British. The country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain (and another place). The UK government needs to start behaving like its name suggests and tell these little oiks to **** and to get onside with the British government instead of trying to displace or replicate it on a parochial scale.

A classic example of the idiocy of letting local parochial politicians interfere in British affairs was shown by Wee Jimmy Krankie. A week before the biggest and most tribal fitbaa game of the year, when she knew that the habit of the tribes is to gather in pubs and bawl and shout and yell and sing in a confined ill-ventilated space, what did she do? She shut the pubs on a localised basis.

What do you think happened next? Yup, the Weegies and tens of thousands of other lowland belt supporters of the two tribes **** off to Blackpool to do what they would have done in their local pubs. Result?: Predictable. Massive crossinfections took place in Blackpool. The newly and previously infected all went back to the Lowlands and infected even more people. Of course the Blackpool figures don't record these Blackpool infections because they only become apparent after the newly infected have departed.

We need a coherent Natioanal plan, not half a hundred varying and mostly incomprehensible local plans.
I agree but in fact the national government's plan has been tardy, and as incomprehensible as the rest of these other local follies. People don't trust or care for any authority, local or otherwise now.

Divided, deluded and derided we fail and we fall.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2255 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Yes, it has been crap, but even its few good bits are totally undermined by the jumped up little parish councillors.

Even the police don't even know what the multilayered rules actually are in any one place at any one time. Even in Scotland, which has a Nazi-style nazionalised police force under control of der Partei, the cops don't know what the rules are or whether and how they should enforce them.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2256 Post by Undried Plum » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Just for devilment, while I await an important phone call from overseas, I've been 'flying' along the Scotland/England boundary on Google Earth. In places the boundary is bonkers and utterly absurd.

To think that pandemic control measures are split along that line would be funny if it wasn't so bloody serious.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2257 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:40 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:52 pm

What a clot!!!
It's always my fault - SWMBO

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2258 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:50 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:31 pm
Just for devilment, while I await an important phone call from overseas, I've been 'flying' along the Scotland/England boundary on Google Earth. In places the boundary is bonkers and utterly absurd.

To think that pandemic control measures are split along that line would be funny if it wasn't so bloody serious.
I wonder what the Reivers might have made of this situation? =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2259 Post by barkingmad » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Once again, Peter Hitchens nails the latest madness, from clockchanging through lockdown through my friend Prof Pantsdown being given airtime and BoJo & Co apparently heeding his palmreading onwards onto the BBC’s continued use as propaganda mouthpiece and finally into the realms of UK civil disorder;

As a confirmed Branch Covidian I will admit I agree 100% with what he says about the madness of the pan(dem)ic handling.
Some food for thought before you take to the pre-dinner sherry... :-o

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2260 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:15 pm

Interesting video bm.

Peter Hitchens is always very interesting, even when he is totally wrong... :)

I was a huge of fan of his brother Christopher's equally contrarian nature...

Peter Hitchen's was certainly right about some people dying as a result of having their circadian rhythm wrecked by early rising. René Descartes expired after his, then, patron Christina of Sweden insisted on him rising at 4 A.M. to tutor her in the ways of Cartesian mathematics and philosophy (and not necessarily righteousness as she loathed him after a couple of lessons). I personally hate getting up early because I am a lazy bastard but that is another problem altogether... =))

Catherine.JPG
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."