#3561 Post by OFSO » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:17 am

Northern line to the Angel.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#3562 Post by Boac » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:41 am

Where the scum lies?

From the Daily Wail (and covered in the Mirror) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... stmas.html

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3563 Post by OFSO » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:35 am

Every knowledgeable body is now warning Boris to implement measures to control Covid - masks, gel for the hands, separation, home working where possible - and he and his bunch of crackpot associates are just dithering. UK currently has the worst infection rate in the world, infection rate near 70% (Catalunia where masks are always worn etc is 6.5%) and Boris does nothing.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3564 Post by Ibbie » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:02 am

From SUR in Englaish:
Infected travellers from the UK

The second state that is currently importing the most infected travellers into Spain is the United Kingdom, with 163 positives from British newcomers in the last month. The United Kingdom, with 381,448 stable residents and tens of thousands of tourists is reporting around 45,000 new infections daily and has an incidence rate close to 750, 18 times higher than the Spanish rate.
.......and the UK still keeps up it's stupid Day 2 tests for all arrivals, even if they are being reduce to lateral flow.

Mind you the so called UK "knowledgeable bodies" have probably cried "wolf" once too often and continue to do so.

Ibbie
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3565 Post by Ibbie » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:30 am

After a morning of attempts by the media aided by so called medical experts giving their biased opinions on the Covid situation in the UK, to worry the population and suggest another lock down is necessary as early as last night, with the rampaging Covid figures, it really is time to pull the plug on the lot of them. Sky News and the BBC News should be taken off air without delay, as they are prime drivers.

In fact, let us have a lockdown on the media in all it's forms for a month. Will also have the effect of closing the mouthpieces for the medical exberks and supposed NHS spokes people. Might just focus their and the commentators minds on finding something nearer the truth and correct figures.....and doing their correct jobs instead of power seaking.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3566 Post by tango15 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:00 pm

Ibbie wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:30 am
After a morning of attempts by the media aided by so called medical experts giving their biased opinions on the Covid situation in the UK, to worry the population and suggest another lock down is necessary as early as last night, with the rampaging Covid figures, it really is time to pull the plug on the lot of them. Sky News and the BBC News should be taken off air without delay, as they are prime drivers.

In fact, let us have a lockdown on the media in all it's forms for a month. Will also have the effect of closing the mouthpieces for the medical exberks and supposed NHS spokes people. Might just focus their and the commentators minds on finding something nearer the truth and correct figures.....and doing their correct jobs instead of power seaking.
Gets my vote - so to speak - Ibbie. The media like nothing better than to frighten the populace, because it sells advertising space apparently, while the government stands by and does nothing. They are of course in each others' pockets to an extent which I have only ever previously seen in Communist countries. Consider the coverage of the recent MP murder, for example, which was totally disproportionate.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3567 Post by Boac » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:07 pm

I was impressed by 'Quasi' Kwarteng ('Business Minister') this AM on the BBC - he RULED OUT another lockdown. Now, that takes balls and is an amazing demonstration of the power of a circus performer :-s .

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3568 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:12 pm

Out and about, I get the feeling that the fear factor has faded away. Fewer people are bothering with masks. People are going shopping, into pubs, into restaurants etc and probably no longer looking at the TV and news.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3569 Post by tango15 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:12 pm
Out and about, I get the feeling that the fear factor has faded away. Fewer people are bothering with masks. People are going shopping, into pubs, into restaurants etc and probably no longer looking at the TV and news.
Anecdotal evidence suggests you may be right, PN. Friends of mine tell me that they rarely watch TV news these days and causal conversations with others suggest the same. Mask-wearing is definitely on the decline.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#3570 Post by Smeagol » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:23 pm

Maybe the silent majority have realised that Covid is something we will all have to live with and no amount of lockdowns, mask wearing, working from home or hiding in the cupboard under the stairs will make it go away. Some people will die from it (or more likely - with it) as they do from many other diseases, viruses and complaints.
Time to accept that life is full of risks and just get on with it.
We hates Bagginses!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3571 Post by Boac » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:52 pm

Do you therefore also accept that non-Covid healthcare will suffer if the hospitals become over-loaded with Covid patients?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3572 Post by OFSO » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:08 pm

We'll be wearing masks and distancing in the UK at Christmas. Probably by then France will be blocking travellers from the UK, in which case I'll refuse to go.

Why can't these cretins compare infection rates in the UK with countries where mask-wearing is mandatory?

And never mind Covid, I hate having a common cold. If wearing a mask also stops me catching a cold I'm all for it.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#3573 Post by Smeagol » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:52 pm
Do you therefore also accept that non-Covid healthcare will suffer if the hospitals become over-loaded with Covid patients?
I would like the statistics touted by the media (and ultimately supplied by some form of government body or quango) to actually state how many Covid sufferers requiring hospital treatment have been vaccinated and how many of the reported deaths have other major contributing factors instead of the bald statistics. They might make things seem a lot less worrying to some.

And that is a partial reply to your question, maybe a significant percentage of current patients requiring hospitalisation might not need it if they accepted vaccinations which probably provide a large degree of protection and if hence the hospitals would be less 'stressed'.

I have only briefly researched the comparable statistics for Sweden, which has never adopted the stringent restrictions utilised by the various constituents making up the UK, but I believe they are no worse than ours or other European countries. So has all the enormous cost of lockdown here been worthwhile? I am not at all sure that it has been.
We hates Bagginses!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3574 Post by Boac » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:36 pm

Actually it was not even a partial reply to my question! 10/10 for whataboutery. :))

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3575 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:46 pm

One fully vaccinated BiL with a public facing job has recently recovered. He was not hospitalised but very very ill. A nephew in law has just been hospitalised, still in hospital but recovering.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#3576 Post by Smeagol » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:17 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:36 pm
Actually it was not even a partial reply to my question! 10/10 for whataboutery. :))
To continue with the 'whataboutery':

The 'sacred' NHS must be one of the most overstaffed, overfunded, unaccountable. inefficient organisations in the world and it is about time that its' employees got on with doing the job they were employed to do and stopped bleating about how stressed they are.

And to answer your question directly:

Yes, other, equally important patients will suffer, due, possibly in part, to the reasons I have stated.
We hates Bagginses!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3577 Post by OFSO » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:22 pm

There are people here who have not had CV or had it and survived, but I bet there's nobody here that hasn't suffered the misery of the common cold many times. If wearing a mask - if- stops one getting a cold, isn't that worth it?

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#3578 Post by Smeagol » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:33 pm

OFSO wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:22 pm
There are people here who have not had CV or had it and survived, but I bet there's nobody here that hasn't suffered the misery of the common cold many times. If wearing a mask - if- stops one getting a cold, isn't that worth it?
That is a very big 'if'. Judging by what people wear as masks and also how they wear them will mean that a very large percentage do little to prevent spreading any virus. In some of these cases maybe it even makes virus transmission MORE likely.
We hates Bagginses!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3579 Post by Boac » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:17 pm

Smeagol wrote:the reasons I have stated.
Can you amplify these reasons 'you have stated' and why they will impact on other illnesses and treatment? We seem to agree that 'equally important patients will suffer', but I have not seen any 'reasons' for this in your posts, merely that we should ignore any requests to change the way we 'mix' and work - which actions will exacerbate the affect on Covid, will they not? Is that what you are saying - that by failing to follow sensible precautions we will worsen the chances of non-Covid patients, and that is 'OK'? Are those your 'reasons'? To hell with other sufferers? Hmm.

Your comments on masks 'fly in the face' :)) of reality - have you noticed how much less flu there was last year? Why do you think that was? Tony Hancock's allocation of contracts, his 'affair', BoJo's baby, climate change.............??

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3580 Post by OFSO » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:10 pm

Whilst I did my 30 minutes uphill walk at the gym this morning, there was a fat young lady on the machine next to me. Do fat people hold more Corona virus in their bodies, and if so should I have moved next to a very slim young teenager?