WTF is happening in the UK?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#1441 Post by tango15 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Watching a prog on Channel 5 regarding the Kennet and Avon Canal, which was preceded by the announcement: 'This programme depicts scenes of slavery, which some viewers may find offensive' I think I may have heard it all now, but perhaps not...

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1442 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:09 pm

tango15 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:43 pm
Watching a prog on Channel 5 regarding the Kennet and Avon Canal, which was preceded by the announcement: 'This programme depicts scenes of slavery, which some viewers may find offensive' I think I may have heard it all now, but perhaps not...
The world has gone mad!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1443 Post by FD2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 pm

'It's like Armageddon': Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (BCP) Council declare a "major incident" after thousands of people ignored advice to stay away and flocked to Dorset's beaches, leaving social distancing guidelines ignored and roads gridlocked.

I'm not sure what Armageddon would look like but this just looks like a huge gathering of idiots - the Gadarene Swine - don't know the collective noun for that. Getting pissed and picking fights - the great British stay at home summer. Those that have made it to Spain have been disappointed to find very strict measures in place and enforced so it's nothing like the usual drink, vomit, piss, fight knees up they are used to. If Bournemouth is a 'major incident' what are the 'authorities' doing to stop it happening again? Praying for rain?

Cough, cough, cough, cough, sneeze, spray some Covid particles around.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1444 Post by FD2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:13 pm

The next day:

Next day.png
Next day.png (603.6 KiB) Viewed 379 times

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1445 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:19 pm

FD2 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 pm
'It's like Armageddon': Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (BCP) Council declare a "major incident" after thousands of people ignored advice to stay away and flocked to Dorset's beaches, leaving social distancing guidelines ignored and roads gridlocked.

I'm not sure what Armageddon would look like but this just looks like a huge gathering of idiots - the Gadarene Swine - don't know the collective noun for that. Getting pissed and picking fights - the great British stay at home summer. Those that have made it to Spain have been disappointed to find very strict measures in place and enforced so it's nothing like the usual drink, vomit, piss, fight knees up they are used to. If Bournemouth is a 'major incident' what are the 'authorities' doing to stop it happening again? Praying for rain?

Cough, cough, cough, cough, sneeze, spray some Covid particles around.
As somebody who hailed from sunnier climes it is always amusing to see how skittish and febrile the British become when the temperature climbs above 20 degrees Celsius, Covid notwithstanding!

Day one - all out in their summer shorts showing off pink and white flesh! Generally full of bonhomie and tending to drink!

Day two - stripping off, cantankerous. Women showing flabby white thighs. Men fighting in streets.

Day three - multiple murders precipitated by extreme intoxication. Vomit in gutters. Sun burner bodies are puce!

Day four - it rains and they are all pale and morose again! Thank God...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Seenenough

#1446 Post by Seenenough » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 am

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:09 pm
tango15 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:43 pm
The world has gone mad!
It has taken a while Professor, for you to come around and realize it.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1447 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:54 am

Stabbings on Bournemouth beach....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... st-updates

Day 3!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Bob
Capt
Capt

#1448 Post by Bob » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:19 pm

So many millenials...the worthless shits humanity has become
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1449 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Sky had a reporter on Bournemouth beach last night with the yobs competing to show their buttocks and silly walks to the camera.

Sky News presenter mooned live on air.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1450 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:41 pm

Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1451 Post by om15 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:32 pm

We took a stroll along the sea front at Weymouth this morning, just a few families on the beach with children playing. Had a nice cup of Earl Grey in a cardboard container, very quiet.
There were a few pubs selling takeaway beer and chip shops open, no crowds or tourists about.
Weymouth has a small population of alternative folk who tend to live in the shelters on the front, relaxing with cider and chemical stimulants, although they grumble and swear at each other there is rarely any trouble. I'm glad all the hideous cockneys and brummies like Bournemouth and not Weymouth.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1452 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:10 pm

Om, too far from their civilisation.

Not heard from daughter since Wednesday. She lives there about 300 yards from the beach but fortunately limited parking. Still it means she can't use as much beach as she would wish.

They need low flying Hunter to lay a chemtrail.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1453 Post by om15 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:52 pm

I once lived in Bournemouth for about 3 years, I preferred Jeddah.

The police should simply put a barrier up on the A338 spur road and turn them around, arrest and imprison anyone who raises an eyebrow. Once Jet 2 and Ryanair get flying again this lot will be back to disgusting the Spanish.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1454 Post by om15 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:35 pm

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1455 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:34 pm

Just sayin....

Darkies rioting? No problem. "Stunning and Brave" even.

Brits at the Beach? Major incident.

Honestly Gentlemen.....

Strong smell of Bullsiht , I mean hypocrisy here......

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1456 Post by boing » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:07 pm

The other aspect of the unequal treatment is that if you allow one clique to riot others see no reason why they should respect rules. Anyone with half a brain saw this coming.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

Capetonian

#1457 Post by Capetonian » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:44 pm

I heard the Dick on LBC trotting out the usual crap, using the word 'unacceptable' in almost every sentence. We know that. Words will not solve the problems. Water cannon, police dogs, and rubber bullets are the answer. Maybe not the dogs, they deserve better food.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1458 Post by FD2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:55 pm

I lived in Bath from 1959 to 1965 and the boys from the surrounding country areas like Radstock and Midsomer Norton used to come into town on a Saturday night, get pissed, then fight each other at the bus station while waiting for their buses. It's a sort of rite of passage and like chimps and other more intelligent primates they had to show who had the biggest balls.

Now it has migrated to places they can reach in their cars and most of it isn't serious fighting, just a dash in, kick someone's head who has been knocked down then dart away again. The more vicious stuff seems to have been taken over by the slags you can hear screaming for their menfolk in the background, then having a go at the other side's slags.

The bus station yobs were well controlled by the police but now the yobs are more mobile the police have a hard time working out where the next fight club meeting is going to be and unless they are mob handed in riot gear they are not going to be able to break up a hundred people fighting. I sometimes have to agree with more civilised European nations that the British can be a load of drunken, uncouth slobs. Remember Tony Bliar's relaxation of the pub opening hours? - it was supposed to introduce a more pleasant 'coffee culture' mentality....dead likely.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1459 Post by OFSO » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:16 pm

The part of Spain to which I will be returning on Saturday week is mercifully free of English thugs and yobbies. Sadly it is the domain of another race of foreigners who have completely destroyed the local culture, with every restaurant now offering the simplest food and drink at the lowest prices, fake flamenco shows which are not even native to Catalunia, and every tout, gombeen man, and whore speaking French.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1460 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Maybe the licensing rules in force in the UK could, in the wake of Covid-1984, be justifiably be rolled back to pre-Bliar times in an attempt to reduce the levels of alcohol-inflicted damage on the population?

Leave the Pub Earlier, Save the NHS, Save Lives-could be a possible soundbite for the BoJo team?

Switching tracks somewhat, no pun intended, this might be another Covid-1984 by-product, much like the fad for working from home, which changes the way we live and work;

Oh for a curly sandwich and a cuppa cold tea!!