WTF is happening in the UK?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: WTF is happening in the UK?

#3241 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:49 pm

Here is list of potential candidates for the ultimate punishment traditionally doled out to those guilty of High Treason;

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/fiv ... it-100-000

And here is what happens to that very rare medical professional who airs their doubts about the lemming-like rush to administer the experimental emergency use only "ultimate solution";

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/jac ... nhs-chief/

And just in case the 'heavies' come knocking on your door;

"An important thread for all of you understanding the Law and Common Law.Seems to be quite important for many reading this

“Vaccines in UK are not mandatory. There is an exemption on evidence of medical reasons and the Supreme Court recognises at common law that denial of free and informed consent is a self certified medical reason. See Montgomery v Lanarkshire [2015] UKSC 11”

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3242 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:26 am

A short article on HMG's handling of the pan(dem)ic from the unherd.com website but please exercise caution if you log in to the site as the original article features a full-frontal colour picture of Professor Pantsdown which viewers may find offensive;

"Have I been unfair to Neil Ferguson?

The professor is treated with leniency, even when he gets it wrong.

Something Professor Neil Ferguson said to Politico yesterday jumped out at me. Defending his prediction that Covid cases in this wave would reach 100,000 and possibly 200,000 (they seem to have peaked at less than 50,000), he mused, “I’m quite happy to be wrong if it’s wrong in the right direction.”

It seemed quite a significant reveal, that he openly considered overly pessimistic forecasts to be “wrong in the right direction,” and so I put it on Twitter. Perhaps predictably, it was widely shared — this single tweet has currently been read by 630,000 people.

I then had a pang of guilt. As some people commented under my tweet, had I misinterpreted the professor? Perhaps all he was saying was that the health of the nation is more important than his predictions and so he is naturally happy that the situation is better than he had feared? Was I unfairly twisting his words into a “gotcha” moment that never happened?

But consider this more charitable explanation. Even if that is what Prof Ferguson did mean, it surely reveals the same thing: that because the outcome is better than feared, he is able to use the positivity to brush over his faulty forecast. The jaunty “happy to be wrong” language does not suggest a man who is gravely confronting the real-life consequences — in terms of life-changing government policies, widespread anxiety — of his overly confident, overly pessimistic prognostications. Instead it suggests exactly the misapplied precautionary principle mindset that has driven his detractors mad during this pandemic.

Meanwhile, spare a thought for those scientists who were “wrong in the wrong direction”. For his errors, it looks like Ferguson will get away with a wrap across the knuckles from pollster Nate Silver and a snarky piece on the cover of The Daily Telegraph. For her apparently over-optimistic early speculations, Professor Sunetra Gupta has been subject to an unremitting and widespread campaign of public humiliation, along with attempts to smear her as financially corrupt and a wicked Right-winger. Even today, the Guardian and other media outlets are still trying to gain access via FOI requests to Oxford University to all her private emails with colleagues, advisors, journalists and doctoral students, in an attempt to uncover wrongdoing of some kind. It must be terrifying. Imagine the disincentive to future academics and scientists — why would anyone speak out?

When I interviewed Neil Ferguson early in the pandemic I had no doubt of his sincerity, and that is still true. But there’s a demeanour of certainty, the posture of the expert who calmly has all the answers, that is not helpful; there’s a distinct ideological tilt in favour of collective action that crosses over into the political; and a sense, with all those media interviews and romantic photoshoots leaning wistfully against trees, that he enjoys the attention rather more than you would hope for an infectious diseases boffin. That he has worked out how to survive and thrive in the political media conversation is pretty self-evident.

When you consider the enormity of the impact his advice has had on societies across the Western world, it seems fair to hold him to account".

So BM has to speculate that BoJo will use the " overly confident, overly pessimistic prognostications" in his final excuse for shafting the UK as he's led off to the tumbril for his final farewell.

And this from a consultant surgeon whose gullet was unable to swallow the next dollop of crap info which has gone unchallenged by the journos in the British press;

"Covid deaths Jan-July 2020 41,220 with no vaccines. Covid Deaths Jan-July 2021 56,056 with vaccines. That’s 14,836 more deaths with vaccines. If 60,000 prevented deaths there would have been 116,056 with no vaccines. 3x more than last year??? Really?"

I await an explanation of this heavily skewed statistic from our resident team of "cases" fanatics and "App" followers and Dr John fans but Hell will likely freeze over before I receive a valid answer.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3243 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:14 am

Oops! Could be interesting at the Downing Street breakfast table today after one of BoJo’s former floozies comes out and dishes the dirt.
Will he have to boil his own egg, master the toaster and operate the kettle whilst Carrie sulks elsewhere and plots her departure?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/noaaw9b-ID4/

No greater fury hath... =)) :))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3244 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:46 am

Hmm. It kept on looking 'interesting' and then she flunked the questions. 'Who is controlling Bojo'? Aha! pull up chair and listen - "I'd love to be able to talk about this and tell you' and then, she doesn't.

Sadly another piece of 'titivating' junk from the great skip of the internet. I did like:

"he is very good at winning elections but crap at running the country' or similar!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3245 Post by Boac » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:47 pm

So, come on pundits. Who IS controlling Bojo? Now that the rejected model for the Mekon in the eagle (Dom Shortcummings) has gone, is it the breeding bitch or Rees-Mogg?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3246 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:05 pm

Mr Vine?

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3247 Post by Woody » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:38 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:05 pm
Mr Vine?
That’s the soon to be ex Mr Vine :ymdevil:
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3248 Post by Boac » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:05 am

What have I missed about Mr Vine?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3249 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:21 am

Mrs Vine and Mr G agreed an amicable separation and divorce with no third party involvement, allegedly.

I believe that. I don't see an appeal of either of them.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3250 Post by Boac » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:28 am

Who is Mr G?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3251 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:51 am

Gove

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3252 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:11 am

Chaos in Wales, or perhaps not, with shock horror casualties like these;

FOIA request to Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board which covers 450,000 people in Wales.

"How many people died OF Covid19, with no underlying medical conditions, between 01/03/2020 and 15/06/2021 and what was the average age of death"?

Answer 112, average age was 80 years.

Oh bugger, that looks like the Uk average so even if I manage to sniff one of these miniature space hopper things up my snout whilst out on my bike sneezing over pedestrian grandparents I may still have nearly another decade of this ***** to endure! :((

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3253 Post by Boac » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 am

Ah! PN - I see the tortuous web you have woven. Alles klaar. I thought you meant Jeremy. I obviously need to pay more attention to these matters................ Mind you, on reflection, I am actually NFI. =))

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3254 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:14 am

For the many here with ADHD, a summary of todays UK news with comment;

---'Positive Covid Tests Drop Week-on-Week for 10th Day in a Row

Because less people are being “vaccinated”.

Plans to Bar Unvaccinated University Students From Lectures and Halls Shelved

Because it might affect the contents of their coffers in the future when the “customers” boycott the University.

“You’d Have to be Crackers to Book a Holiday”

Correct.

Pop-Up Vaccine Clinics Opening at Festivals to Persuade Young Brits to Get ‘Jabbed’

Spectators and passers-by at the Circus Extreme in Halifax were being offered a jab outside a tent of jugglers, acrobats and stunt performers.

Getting a bunch of freaks to promote the freak “vaccines” then – hopefully the “performers” will have fatal accidents during their performances.

Boris Johnson Faces Rebellion on Vaccine Passports From Within Cabinet

Mr Johnson is facing a fresh headache,…

..from a series of heavy blows to his thick ugly head from a very large hammer – hopefully…

Quarter of Older Adults in U.K. Less Fit and in More Pain After Lockdown

No ***** Sherlock?

A Question for Chris Whitty

Why haven’t you topped yourself yet you utterly <insert extreme expletive(s) here> excuse for a human being?'---- :YMAPPLAUSE:

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3255 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:17 am

Boac wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 am
Ah! PN - I see the tortuous web you have woven. Alles klaar. I thought you meant Jeremy. I obviously need to pay more attention to these matters................ Mind you, on reflection, I am actually NFI. =))
"Alles klaar!" Ek het nie geraai dat jy Afrikaans sprekend was Boac! Dis n plesier om sodanig goeie taal hier gesien geskryf! :-bd

Of course in Afrikaans "alles klaar" means all done, which is never the case with our friend BM.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3256 Post by Boac » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:00 am

I had mixed lingos there, TGG, apologies - it should have been 'Alles klar' as in German, not Dutch.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3257 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:15 am

I don't like Jerry either.
Pop-Up Vaccine Clinics Opening at Festivals to Persuade Young Brits to Get ‘Jabbed’
That'll work then. "You're jabbed now, come back in 2 weeks when it's effective, let you in then."

The next thing will be trying to get the scrotes out of bed in October for their second jab. Hang on, the over 70s will be queuing for their boosters and flu vaccs.

What could possibly go wrong?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3258 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:27 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:15 am
I don't like Jerry either.
That'll work then. "You're jabbed now, come back in 2 weeks when it's effective, let you in then."

The next thing will be trying to get the scrotes out of bed in October for their second jab. Hang on, the over 70s will be queuing for their boosters and flu vaccs.

What could possibly go wrong?
Answer: Mike Mitchell, US bodybuilder who starred in the film “Gladiator”, has just dropped off the twig following his THIRD Clotshot having boasted in his blurb that he wished to be part of this great experiment for the good of all! Well done that man!

More on the Arcuri woman, here is the job reference for the former London Mayor which mysteriously was never studied by those who elevate such folk to the position of ruler/leader/king/whatever;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 23529.html

From March 2021 in case anyone suffers from a sense of deja vu... :-q

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3259 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:26 am

This should really be in a Chaos thread :
Angela Merkel and Boris Johnson agreed that, after Brexit, a dynamic bilateral Anglo-German relationship was vital for both countries and for Europe. In the absence of strong leadership in Germany, and with Emmanuel Macron facing a tough re-election contest in France next year, who will Joe Biden call next time he needs a reliable ally in Europe? My money is on Boris.
Telegraph

To which you can add Harris

We're doomed I tell yer, we're doomed

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3260 Post by Woody » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:12 pm

Mike Mitchell, US bodybuilder who starred in the film “Gladiator”, has just dropped off the twig following his THIRD Clotshot having boasted in his blurb that he wished to be part of this great experiment for the good of all! Well done that man!
Possibly moved to the Darwin Awards thread :ymdevil:
When all else fails, read the instructions.