Migrants

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

The ex-As had better watch out....

#781 Post by Boac » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:55 am

Ooh err, missus! From 'The Times'

"Britain has entered talks to replicate the Rwanda migrant deportation scheme with Armenia, Ivory Coast, Costa Rica and Botswana, according to leaked documents that reveal the government’s extensive search for another third-country deal "

There is said to be quite a nice place near some hippos.....

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Migrants

#782 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:03 am

We don't think so. Where they came up with that one goodness knows.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The ex-As had better watch out....

#783 Post by tango15 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:53 am

Boac wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:55 am
Ooh err, missus! From 'The Times'

"Britain has entered talks to replicate the Rwanda migrant deportation scheme with Armenia, Ivory Coast, Costa Rica and Botswana, according to leaked documents that reveal the government’s extensive search for another third-country deal "

There is said to be quite a nice place near some hippos.....
That seems a very odd choice of countries. Armenia possibly being the strangest. Little tolerance for anyone other than Armenians and not exactly stable, with constant arguments with the neighbours. I don't know about the Ivory Coast, (is there some connection with France, maybe?), but I see that life expectancy is less than 60, so that could be a reason :ymdevil: It's about the size of Poland and the population is already 30m and rising rapidly. Costa Rica is a quiet unassuming place - it doesn't even have an army. not much connection to the Muslim faith, either, with most of the country, unsurprisingly, being Catholic. On that basis, Botswana sounds like a perfect fit =))