tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Migrants

#281 Post by tango15 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:00 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:07 am
It's all right.

HMS Defender will be along shortly to demonstrate her right of innocent passage in ffrench territorial waters and deliver the criminals back to ffrance.

That what she's for, isn't it? To defend Britain against invaders? That sort of thing.

Don't we have a ministry of "defence" to deal with this sort of thing? Y'know £46Billion a year with a Y-o-Y increase of 6.4% this year to cover Inflation.

If that ministry isn't fit for purpose, then perhaps we could better spend those 46 billions on doing rather more for the NHS than standing on the doorstep of Downing Street and giving a round of applause.
=1

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#282 Post by llondel » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:09 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:25 am
At least 430 migrants crossed the English Channel to the UK on Monday - a new record for a single day - the Home Office has said.

The department said it was taking "substantial steps to tackle the unacceptable problem of illegal migration".

Around 50 people were seen landing on the beach at Dungeness in Kent after crossing in one dinghy.

The group included women and young children.

It comes after eight boats carrying 241 migrants reached the UK on Sunday.

Home Secretary Priti Patel has pledged to make Channel crossing "unviable".

Looks pretty viable to me.
I believe she's in talks with Moses, to see if it's possible to part the English Channel at the mid-way point.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#283 Post by Boac » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:16 pm

I believe she's in talks with Moses, to see if it's possible to part the English Channel at the mid-way point.
From what I have seen of her that will be so they can walk across...........

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#284 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:05 pm

Priti Patel has agreed to give France another £55 million to increase their efforts to stop migrants from leaving France.

UK to pay £55m to French border patrols in migrant clampdown.

Best of luck with getting the French to do anything more than they are doing at present.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#285 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:14 pm

I never understood why countries prefer to pay bad neighbours to keep immigrants instead of taking them on, making sure they have a tough time and deport them to let those illegal immigrants tell their compatriots their story and why they must not try their luck?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#286 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:00 pm

I hope, though doubt, that HMG has attached some very important strings to that £55M.

As an absolute minimum, there must be full accounting, right down to the last Sou, for every penny spent. Salaries which would have been paid to gendarmes anyway should not qualify. There must be an immediate end to the arrangement which Farage proved last year whereby the UK Border Farce sails to rendezvous with les ffrogs at the median line to take the criminal entrants into UK waters. That must end immediately.

The arrangement should be policed by MoD surveillance assets monitoring everything that goes on from the High Water line of the ffrench coast Northwards. The assets to do so 24 x 7 certainly exist and we're not doing any/much worthwhile warfighting on behalf of the Septics at the mo'.

Patrols along the quite short stretch of English coastline which is being targeted by the crooks should be thorough and complete. All apprehended criminals should be plasticuffed and delivered straight back to ffrance tout suite. Any who wish to claim political asylum should be given the contact details of the British consular facilities in ffrance.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#287 Post by tango15 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:43 pm

I can't help thinking that, despite all the rhetoric, the govt. is not that bothered about allowing all these migrants into the country.
Equally, whatever money we are giving to France would be better spent elsewhere. Giving money to France in the hope that you will get something in return is naivety of the highest order.
I suspect that somehow, somewhere in all this is some sort of clandestine agreement between Britain and France. I wonder whether it was part of some secret Brexit deal? Keep the migrants moving through the EU until they arrived at what is an already overcrowded UK. The biggest winners in this are the French, who of course are delighted to see these people move from their shores to ours. I mean seriously, does anyone think that the French are putting any effort at all into stopping this? And why are we not castigating them for putting so little effort into this traffic when we are paying them good money? Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but I've had a lot of dealings with the French over the years, and I quickly learnt to count my fingers after I've shaken hands with them.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#288 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:11 pm

tango15 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:43 pm
I can't help thinking that, despite all the rhetoric, the govt. is not that bothered about allowing all these migrants into the country.
Equally, whatever money we are giving to France would be better spent elsewhere. Giving money to France in the hope that you will get something in return is naivety of the highest order.
I suspect that somehow, somewhere in all this is some sort of clandestine agreement between Britain and France. I wonder whether it was part of some secret Brexit deal? Keep the migrants moving through the EU until they arrived at what is an already overcrowded UK. The biggest winners in this are the French, who of course are delighted to see these people move from their shores to ours. I mean seriously, does anyone think that the French are putting any effort at all into stopping this? And why are we not castigating them for putting so little effort into this traffic when we are paying them good money? Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but I've had a lot of dealings with the French over the years, and I quickly learnt to count my fingers after I've shaken hands with them.
Yes, and there's a good reason why they call us ferfide Albion too. ;)))

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#289 Post by OFSO » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:41 am

The frog-legs-chewing wine-guzzling bastards must be laughing all over their slimy snail-smeared faces at being given millions as a reward for NOT performing their duties which doubtless they will continue not to do.

Is the British Government totally bereft of their senses?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#290 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:31 am

OFSO wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:41 am
Is the British Government totally bereft of their senses?
Yes. It would seem so.

So sad that now it is we who are the simian eaters of cheese. :(

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#291 Post by AtomKraft » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:39 am

Well, this latest 'initiative' will certainly have a beneficiary, but it isn't the English.

You know you're deeeeeeep in the doo-doo, if only the Fffffrench can save you.

The UK flexes like a whore as it shirks its responsibilities.

Utterly pathetic.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#292 Post by OFSO » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:17 pm

We should be fining the French for every migrant that comes ashore, not paying them. £1000 a head would be about right. Take it off their share of the EU Farewell Brown Envelope.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#293 Post by Boac » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Excellent idea! OFSO for PM.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#294 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:24 pm
Excellent idea! OFSO for PM.
Hmm... the French and the EU can make our lives a lot more miserable than we can theirs. A lot of self-delusion going on on these pages, and elsewhere in this country, sadly. 8-|

Heaven forbid that one might suggest an international co-operative, non beggar your neighbour approach to a global problem!
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#295 Post by OFSO » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:21 pm

Well the solution is obvious. Use Giant Scissors to sever the UK's connection to terra firma and reverse use all the wind generators to drive the country somewhere nicer, far away from the wretched French. In fact at the same time as the Giant Scissors are being made, a couple of Giant Stanley Knives would come in handy to cut along the borders with Scotland and Wales so we can leave them behind. Somewhere for the immigrants to land, although they would have paddle a bit further. We could moor England off Gibraltar, lengthen the runway a bit. Block the Straits and start charging the tankers to get past. And if Spain gave us any sh*t we'd let the wogs on board from Ceuta etc, run up to Harrogate and put them ashore on dago territory.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#296 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:27 pm

What happened to 'no papers - no entry'?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#297 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:09 pm

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#298 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:41 pm

From 1940 to 1945 we had a pretty good Intel network in ffrance. "London" knew, in pretty fine detail, WTF was going on over there.

Why **** haven't we got a network of locally knowledgeable people in situ over there, to monitor the people and places involved in this hugely lucrative business of smuggling criminal migrants?

What ever happened to SIS? They used to be immensely clever and resourceful, to my personal and certain knowledge in much more recent times.

When NATO forces were breaking up Yugoslavia, our side had aircraft monitoring every mobile phone call made in that country. Microwave links which were the backbone of the landline network were similarly monitored. Our side had linguists to transcribe calls of interest and Int officers who understood the principles of signals intelligence and network analysis.

There's a yehudi company who will sell you a tremendously powerful software suite which can capture and analyse traffic over a very large fraction of any target country. For £50M they would sell (and perhaps have) a software package, and the hardware needed to operate it, and a training package too.

The Security Service has somewhat of chequered history, as does the Secret Intelligence Service, but this time around they almost certainly haven't been infiltrated and neutralised by the opposing forces. So what's wrong with them? Why are they so **** ineffectual?

Why aren't they doing anything about the problem?

What defences does Britain actually have against such invasions on such a narrow front? Any?

What use are Tiffies and those daft F35s and the monstrously expensive Nuclear warfare boats if we can't defend the shingle beach in front of Walmington-on-Sea with pick-axe handles and pepper spray?

Instead of trying to re-fight the Crimean War, why **** don't we use the navy to demonstrate our own ability to defend the UK median line of the English Channel and our own territorial waters?

When the British people took to the streets of London to protest against the illegal Bush/Blair war there was no problem for the government to assign ten thousand policemen to "kettle" protestors. In those videos of the criminal migrants coming ashore in Kent and Sussex, I haven't seen any British policeman policing anything.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#299 Post by Rwy in Sight » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:14 am

Two comments here UP: One already mentioned - the illegal immigrants enjoy a preferential status in the Western Societies. Countless NGO using mainly taxpayers money have created an image for those illegal people of being in a weak position needing all the help they can get. Last year, I think, Greek authorities tracked down an NGO who was co-operating with smugglers to assist the arrivals in the shores of Lesvos. As soon as they set of from Turkey the NGO contacted the Greek port police to rescue them and if they didn't react fast enough they used social media to mount pressure to pick up the invaders off their boats and into the allowance land of EU. A judicial case was launched and then nothing happened / heard any more.

The second comment is the feasibility of run an intelligence network/operation in a sovereign country like 2021 France. One of the advantage to belong in the EU is the veto power on common decisions the late PM Thatcher did an excellent use of this method.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#300 Post by John Hill » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:05 am

It is with wry amusement that I view the anti-migrant comments by people of the soggy islands.

Question "How do you know if the flight from the UK is carrying immigrants?"

Answer "The whining continues after the engines are stopped."
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.