Migrants

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Migrants

#221 Post by barkingmad » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:28 am

Looks like the natives are finally revolting. News from Dover yesterday that;

"Anti-migrant protesters have clashed with police and blocked a dual carriageway.
Rival groups have assembled in Dover to demonstrate over the arrival of thousands of migrants in small boats.
Traffic on the A20 was at a standstill in both directions after protesters assembled on the road in large numbers.
Many wore Union flag face masks and carried banners. Some shouted "England til I die" and sang Rule, Britannia."

'Twill be interesting to see if MSM covers this to any extent?
Alas it's the sort of response which has regrettably been forecast in the absence of effective action by BoJo & Co as well as the previous administrations! ~X(

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#222 Post by Boac » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:03 pm

Twill be interesting to see if MSM covers this to any extent?
I think you need to get out from under the stairs a bit more. You mean the BBC, Daily Mail, Grauniad, Sun, Independent.............. Doh!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#223 Post by Boac » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:19 am

Time to remind ourselves whilst travelling on the outrage bus that the government appears to have done 3/10s of the square root of cock all on this issue?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#224 Post by OFSO » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:36 am

There is nothing to be done, no solution. If there was Frau Merkel would have done it. The FT has an interesting story on Germany's problems. One is the migrant situation vis a vis the EU. Nobody has a clue other than keep fishing them out of the Channel or the Mediterranean and then admitting them.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#225 Post by Boac » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 am

I wasn't aware the Frau M had a problem with cross-channel migrants?

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#226 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:23 am

Focus on the general issue: they blackmail to receive assistance as they try to move illegally across the borders and body of waters. Some bright decisive young male Afghan migrants burned down the camp at Moria in Lesvos island chanting "Bye bye Moria" based on the belief soon to be true they will be moved from the island to Northern Europe. A new camp has been constructed at great expense and they refuse to move there. Obviously the Greek state is begging them to do so and the German one wants to take migrants from Lesvos.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#227 Post by Boac » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 am

Stuff "Focus on the general issue:" !! I live in the UK.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#228 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:59 am

As a migrant I came across the Channel to Dover in a hovercraft, not an eel in sight and no bloody fuss or parked outrage buses. The world has gone downhill since then of course.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#229 Post by Boac » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Yes, but had we known................... =))

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#230 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Boac wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 pm
Yes, but had we known................... =))
=))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#231 Post by barkingmad » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:57 pm

The princely sum of £1,000,000,000 per annum seems an awful lot of sterling dosh spent in failing to solve the migrant invasion of the UK.
Maybe if some of the recalcitrant civil servants who are currently ‘shielding’ themselves from the plague were sent their notice of termination of employment then they might just get off their fat arses and start doing the bidding of their masters, their paymasters viz the UK taxpayers?
This is an interesting and informative video and also gives a clue as to the howls of outrage from the Lefty ‘woke’ brigade over the appointment of Tony Abbott, the Aussie former immigration problem solver. It’s probably fair to assume that his so-called misogyny had very little to do with the outcry and more to do with his trade dealing experience which the Remoaners will not want to see used on behalf of Brexit as well as his record on Oz immigration.

The only consolation is that BoJo, Cummings et al realise there is an elephant just outside the room known as TBP who are watching developments closely and Nigel Farage will never reach another gentlemans’ agreement with the Tories come the next G E. There are already unpleasant noises emanating from behind the former ‘Red Wall’ from the peasants regarding the conduct of the current Downing Street incumbents.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#232 Post by barkingmad » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:39 pm

Following today’s tragedy in the Channel, near the coast of the country to whom the UK is paying £61,000,000 to prevent these episodes, I waited, but not for long, to hear that it was all the fault of HMG.

An earnest female from some organisation called “Help Refugees” was granted airtime on Channel4 news to rant about how awful it was, how they could not claim refugee status and benefits in France and how it was all due to the UK’s immigration policy.

I hoped it was a bad dream but realised I’d been awake and sentient throughout the news item and I’m still wondering why it’s our guvvment who’s to blame for such events, more of which are inevitable, not because of people-smuggling gangs but is principally due to our impending departure from the EUSSR.

Nor did I hear any condemnation of the regime in the country from which these folks were fleeing, allegedly Iran.

So when the asteroid smashes into Earth and wipes us all out, it will still be British Foreign/Domestic/Economic/Slavery/Immigration policy which will be held to blame for the Apocalypse. [-X

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#233 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:13 pm

I am a proud migrant, I will arm wrestle any one of you old right wing knuts!

America is not a democracy!

Let's shove our grenades up their **** backward right wing arses...

I will personally shoot Dushan with a Makarov pistol... and then pray for him.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#235 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:49 am

barkingmad wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:39 pm
Following today’s tragedy in the Channel, near the coast of the country to whom the UK is paying £61,000,000 to prevent these episodes, I waited, but not for long, to hear that it was all the fault of HMG.
It bloody well is the fault of HMG that this predictable and predicted avoidable tragedy occurred!

The government has had ten years to fix the laws which encourage the illegal human trafficking of these criminals migrants.

It's because our laws actually encourage this criminality that the criminality occurs.

We urgently need to amend those laws, such as Clause 3 of the Yooman Rights Act, so as to make clear to all criminal entrants that they will be deported immediately and uncomfortably if caught trying to break the Law.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#236 Post by Rwy in Sight » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:06 am

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#237 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 am

I agree with the idea expressed in "Charity Care4Calais said the "loss of life should be a wake-up call for those in power in France and the UK".
It said creating a new system which would allow asylum seekers to apply for refuge in the UK from outside its borders would "put an end to terrifying, dangerous sea crossings and stop tragedy striking again".", but we need to make clear that any criminality or attempted criminality will automatically disqualify any applicant from consideration for political refugee status.

Currently, we are encouraging criminality by tolerating it.

We need to adopt the Strine approach to this criminal behaviour. We need to make it clear that any attempt to enter British waters illegally will be met with immediate deportation to somewhere nasty, eg ffrance or the South Sandwich Islands or Peterhead or Ras Gharib.

A six month spell in Cell 42 of Dammam clink would sort the bastards out and reorder their perception of local hospitality, I can tell you!

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#238 Post by barkingmad » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:54 am

U P sez: “The government has had ten years to fix the laws which encourage the illegal human trafficking of these criminals migrants.”

For the last few decades I was under the impression that the UK guvvment was operating with it’s hands shackled to the bed frame, by the EUSSR, as they shafted us in every way possible leaving our legislature almost totally impotent.

But obviously I was wrong, as any self respecting guvvment would never willingly have imposed VAT on sanitary products for wimmin and girls and so the UK administration only imposed that tax out of misogynistic spite for the female of the species, didn’t they?

And by your logic the UK could have taken unilateral action against illegal immigrants also. Except our borders were as porous as those of the corrupt Brussels superstate and the first sign of a UK initiative on the problem would have had us up in front of the ECJ for a good botty-smacking and a fine, so the rest is history.

Is this one of the reasons those swivel-eyed looney fruitcake Brexiteers voted to leave the 28? :-?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#239 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:24 pm

Good point.

The UK gumment boxed itself into a corner and then thrashed about impotently.

With independence from the EU we can, or should have, gone our own way and banned the routine illegality which led to these, and so many other, deaths

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#240 Post by barkingmad » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:05 pm

"The UK gumment boxed itself into a corner and then thrashed about impotently."

The image of an impotent BoJo thrashing about, shackled to the iron bedstead, has just put me right off my evening G&T and dinner!! Purleez...?! :ymsick: