Children's Climate protests.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Bob
Capt
Capt

Re: Children's Climate protests.

#201 Post by Bob » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:10 am

Despite the combined efforts of impotent old farts the world over and regardless of the apparent silliness, the campaign is working governments (except the US of course who dont give a **** for anything that doesnt make them a buck) are having to take note.

The Economic reality is that renewable energy is rapidly making more financial sense than oil, so even the ultra capitalists will be on board soon, you lot are living in the past.
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#202 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:18 am

Bob wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:10 am
the campaign is working governments (except the US of course who dont give a *f*ck* for anything that doesnt make them a buck) are having to take note.

The Economic reality is that renewable energy is rapidly making more financial sense than oil, so even the ultra capitalists will be on board soon, you lot are living in the past.
Firstly, it is all very well having most countries in the Northern hemisphere taking note and action, but the real problem is not just the US but countries like China and India who I'm sure will not be influenced one jot by these recent child and ER protests.

Secondly, I for one am not living in the past. I have lived off grid for twenty years both here in Bots and in Greece. I am happy to live without central heating and air conditioning. I hardly ever buy new clothes and shoes because I make them last. I cook meals at home using fresh organic ingredients, some grown in our own garden; ok I use gas and when I can I use our home made solar oven. We only drive into town once a week to do the weekly shop and any admin. But at the end of the day we need water for the house and garden, so when we have water in the lagoon we use a petrol water pump. At the moment we are using the borehole powered by solar. The house including the economic fridge and washing machine runs off solar power; most of the time but when it is cloudy or (hopefully) raining we need to run our petrol generator for short periods. Yes we do fly Greece, but only once a year and the occasional hop into the bush. Renewables are the way forward, but you are always going to still need the old fashioned power stations and petrol as well.
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#203 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:28 am

and CASH.

Sisemen

#204 Post by Sisemen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Mrs Ex A - makes not a jot of difference to the holier-than-thou who, in their arrogance, believe that they are far more morally superior to any person who dares to challenge any of the wild and ridiculous claims about the variable weather that they choose to label as a “climate emergency”.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#205 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:47 pm

Sisemen look at my post#420 on the Climate disruption thread. :)

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#206 Post by Alisoncc » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Mrs Ex-Ascot wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:47 pm
Don't worry about Sise Mrs Ex-A. He's ex-admin and believes that all one has to do is issue a directive in triplicate referencing Queens Regs and the desired action will take place.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#207 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Mrs Ex-Ascot wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:18 am
it is all very well having most countries in the Northern hemisphere taking note and action, but the real problem is not just the US but countries like China and India who I'm sure will not be influenced one jot by these recent child and ER protests.
That's like bitching at the SouthEast end of the lifeboat that it's sinking faster than the NorthWest end and that we are going to stop baling the boat as a result.

Actually, China is an interesting case in point. They are the world's leading producer of PV, both in terms of GigaWatt Hours, but also in terms of PV cell panel acreage for export. They are also producing more line kilometres of electrified railways per day than the rest of the world combined.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#208 Post by llondel » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:51 pm
Actually, China is an interesting case in point. They are the world's leading producer of PV, both in terms of GigaWatt Hours, but also in terms of PV cell panel acreage for export. They are also producing more line kilometres of electrified railways per day than the rest of the world combined.
They also have some parts of their country in environmental meltdown due to mining and post-processing operations without regard for what to do with the waste material.

Sisemen

#209 Post by Sisemen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Mrs Ex-Ascot wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:47 pm
Absolutely!

Alison obviously didn’t read it. Alison is a dill. Don’t be like Alison :D

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#210 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:38 am

This is a well written article, and the final comments I think are very pertinent; https://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-ex ... y-11838095

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#211 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:57 am

"Language like that only serves to increase suspicion that many of these climate change protesters are merely anti-capitalist protesters sailing under a flag of convenience."

Indeed. I cannot locate the post, but someone posted a video of an ER 'meeting' in which the 'speaker' declared the intent was to overthrow the government.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#212 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:39 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:57 am
"Language like that only serves to increase suspicion that many of these climate change protesters are merely anti-capitalist protesters sailing under a flag of convenience."

Indeed. I cannot locate the post, but someone posted a video of an ER 'meeting' in which the 'speaker' declared the intent was to overthrow the government.
Overthrowing the government is one of the rights of the citizens in a democratic country provided it is done via elections or another due process. However I guess the ER members prefer to do it in a violent way and impose their views to the majority for ever.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#213 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:45 pm

"Overthrowing the government is one of the rights of the citizens in a democratic country" - indeed, but not under a false flag!

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#214 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:45 pm
"Overthrowing the government is one of the rights of the citizens in a democratic country" - indeed, but not under a false flag!
OK I failed to understand the false flag: what does it mean?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#215 Post by Boac » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:10 pm

Pretending to be a climate protest group??

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#216 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:33 pm

What do those white faced ***** think they are representing?

What are they protesting against? VAT on tampons??

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#217 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:10 pm
Pretending to be a climate protest group??
Thanks - my mind was at a slower speed this afternoon.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#218 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Thank goodness I didn't have children; https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... eing-heard what a load of buffalo poo! :ymtongue:

I bet all these eco protesters enjoy living with central heating, air conditioning, washing machines and tumble driers, dishwashers, hair driers, fridges and freezers, cookers and ovens, computers and smart phones connected to the internet and facebook, whatsapp and instagrametc. TV, being driven to school and enjoying holidays abroad which involve flying. They would not have survived my childhood or even my current lifestle. [-(

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#219 Post by bob2s » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 pm

When are these eco protester children going to stop listening to just one side of the argument, and do a bit of research as to the other side of which there is ample on the net. Would be too much to ask, as most being brain dead and just follow the pack,and not a bloody clue about climate or most other things for that matter.

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#220 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:53 am

I bet Greta and her followers won't agree with this article; https://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-ri ... d-11841632 :D