Children's Climate protests.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Children's Climate protests.

#1 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:12 am

I see the Worlds children are having a day off to protest Global Warming.

Why don't I hear a word about the rather obvious difficulty here?

These children have to go to school to learn stuff. The reason for this is they know sweet fanny Adams about pretty much everything!

Why is anyone paying attention to their well intended, but ill-informed and emotional protest?

I'm off to do my bit for the planet by burning 6000 KG of jet fuel...

Why don't these kids protest about some of the REAL problems afflicting the World, that are eminently more 'treatable'?

They could start by dealing with poverty, move on to diseases like Malaria that kill millions a year, or have a wee dabble with malnutrition, or have a skirmish with World wide oppression and/ or warmongering?

But no.

Global f***king warming it is.

My advice is F**k off back to school. Stay there until you've learned something. Then apply yourselves to something that there is even a remote possibility that you might be able to do something, even a tiny thing of usefullness about a REAL and pressing issue.

But hey, I guess it's not trendy or fashionable to do something useful, if boring?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Children's Climate protests.

#2 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:47 am

Not to forget their plastic packed lunches

Slasher

#3 Post by Slasher » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:32 am

It’s the stoopid frigging parents who need a good arse-kicking for letting this sh!t happen. They’re dumber than the bloody lefty teachers.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#4 Post by prospector » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:27 am

Even dumber are the UN bigwigs, and the American politicians who sit spellbound in front of a 16 year old as if she is the unique messenger of all things climatic. But then of course at age 16 she certainly would have a deep knowledge of how the world climate functions.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#5 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:33 am

Teach 'em a little history as well as a bit of climate change truth
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/09/20/ ... evel-rise/

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 pm

There have been so many brilliant placards today in the enlightened hemisphere that it's hard to pick just one, but this one is a candidate for one of the best:

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Good for them. When kids care then we know that humanity might have a future.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:24 pm

I rather liked the riposte made by yon wee lassie, Gretna Green or whatever her name is, when she was being patronised by a Congress critter earlier this week:

At a meeting of the Senate climate crisis task force on Tuesday, lawmakers praised a group of young activists for their leadership, their gumption and their display of wisdom far beyond their years. They then asked the teens for advice on how Congress might combat one of the most urgent and politically contentious threats confronting world leaders: climate change.

Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old Swedish activist who has galvanized young people across the world to strike for more action to combat the impact of global warming, politely reminded them that she was a student, not a scientist – or a senator.

Please save your praise. We don’t want it,” she said. “Don’t invite us here to just tell us how inspiring we are without actually doing anything about it because it doesn’t lead to anything.

If you want advice for what you should do, invite scientists, ask scientists for their expertise. We don’t want to be heard. We want the science to be heard.

In remarks meant for Congress as a whole, she said: “I know you are trying but just not hard enough. Sorry.

:YMAPPLAUSE:

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#10 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Oooooh.
She's SO well informed.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:18 pm

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 pm

Children are, gullible.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:39 pm

And adults?

Tall Bird
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#14 Post by Tall Bird » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:54 pm

Received this advice on Wednesday from my professional association (retired member £15 one off payment until you die) TUC affiliated:
It is unlawful to take any form of industrial action that is not based on a trade dispute and has not been properly balloted on. Therefore we advise members not to take any such action and to avoid using terms such as “strike” to describe your participation in activities.

While the law prevents us from taking part in industrial action on the climate emergency we can of course take part in activities to support the action. Members may choose to take a lunch break to coincide with local activities or to take some TOIL or Flexi-time to get involved. The action is being organised by young people and it is really important that they see support from trade unions even though we cannot join their strike.

We have been informed by some local organisers that the youth strike movement are struggling with some tasks required. For example people under the age of 16 cannot be a protest marshal and there is some debate about those aged 16 and 17 so marshals are in short supply. If you are in a position to take some time out of work on Friday please contact your local youth strike organisers to discuss how you can get involved. Don’t forget that solidarity is our greatest strength so just by being present you will help.

We hope that you will find a way to support the action being taken on 20th September, it is important action and having met some of the activists involved we know that our activists will gain inspiration and energy from them.

In solidarity

:ymsick: :ymsick:

It goes without saying, rather than offering to be a marshal, I had better things to do: gardening, a physio appointment and fixing my wobbly wing mirror.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:27 pm

There is no climate emergency.

Just another boogie man.

Or Boogie person, for schoolchildren.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:30 pm

Plum.
There's nothing happening apart from what always happens.
The planet gets warmer- much warmer.
And it gets much colder too.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:19 pm

Captain Atom reminds me of my dad. Grumpy **** Captain as he was...

Total bastard but a good pilot...

I hated him but loved him too..
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Stoneboat
Capt
Capt

#18 Post by Stoneboat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Think how much more effective it would have been for the planet if the young lady and her acolytes had each planted a tree. Or taken a bag along on the march and picked up a couple of pieces of discarded plastic.

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#19 Post by bob2s » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:10 am

Would any of these climate warriors in their call for the demise of fossil fuels,and the switch to renewable energy (wind and solar)for the generation of electricity ,have any idea as to the meaning of BASE LOAD POWER ? I think not ,they have only been taught the lefty view of global warming.

Sisemen

#20 Post by Sisemen » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:12 am

There is a rumour going about that whole “climate change” thing has been successfully manufactured by the nuclear power industry.

Nuclear power is another bogey man of the trembling classes but is needed to address the energy requirements of most nations. The block to that is the greenies (that term is used in the wider sense). Answer? Get a bigger scare going which, after the renewable energy sector has run out of steam (and those behind the nuclear side if things have invested heavily into renewables as a short to medium term profit making exercise) enables nuclear to become the big thing. The schedule is coming good. Nuclear is becoming far more acceptable and is increasingly being seen as the “saviour” for energy needs as the greenies are now caught between a rock and a hard place - their desire to save us from the “horrors” of global warming, and the provision of energy which renewables is not providing to keep themselves in the manner to which they have become accustomed and for developing nations to continue to develop. Even in Australia, a country dedicated to having nothing to do with nuclear, a debate has now started and left-wing unions are throwing their support behind nuclear.

So, if accurate, global warming/climate change is one massive scam which millions have fallen for and are doing the work of the nuclear energy barons for nothing.