US 'Diplomat' issue - RAF Croughton

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: US 'Diplomat' issue - RAF Croughton

#21 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:13 am

Seems this lady (wife of the spook) fell into the easiest international driving trap of all and drove away from the base on the wrong side of the road. She is now patently on the wrong side of the law and natural morality.

I trust she will reconsider and return.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by Boac » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:28 am

Spooky - works for me. If anyone else has the same problem I will copy and paste.
natural morality.
if that exists any more in the US, TGG?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by barkingmad » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:14 am

barkingmad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:02 pm
How long before large prominently sited “Drive On The Left” road signs are mounted at the exits of these and similar establishments which employ ‘wrong side’ drivers?
Allegedly on this morning’s radio news the local activists have done just that outside Croughton.

Wondering how long the signs will remain before council jobsworths remove them?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#24 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:33 am

I agree with Cape. It was a very sad accident. Not criminal. As RiS has commented I often have to think which side of the road to drive on. I was visiting a friend in hospital in Oxford. Coming out of the car park I stopped to see which side of the road cars were driving. I often ask Mr Ex-Ascot if I am on the correct side. Our Chief Priest on Amorgos has the solution. He just drives in the middle.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:29 am

The concerted effort by the government mouthpieces to lie and lie and lie about this thing is noteworthy.

I wonder why? What, exactly, is it that they are trying to cover up?

I'm now convinced that the matter is subject to what used to be called a "D Notice". Interesting to note that Warshington at one point denied that her husband works for the NSA. I wonder whether perhaps he is CIA, not NSA. Is she perhaps NSA or CIA herself?

Craig Murray knows a thing or two about how these things work and he has written extensively on the matter. Interestingly he takes up several points I made here several days earlier. This, by the way, is a separate article from the one referenced by Ex-A.

Of course it is quite normal for governments to lie about their own spookery, but what is interesting here is the reason why they are lying about Mr & Mrs Sacoola.

Although the circumstances of the case are very different, it is interesting to note that the government lies about the Skripal affair are slavishly parroted by the Murdoch media and the BBC, just as in this case. I know for sure that there exists at least one D Notice om the Skripal case, which relates to his controller and the fact that Skripal was about to re-defect back to Russia at the time of the attempted snuff.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by om15 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:26 am

I suspect that the yankiedoodles will add insult to injury by offering the family a bung.

I never have any problem by immediately mentally driving on the right when appropriate, but for some reason have to concentrate when coming back to the left, that is really odd.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:46 am

I had a near miss not that many years back. Dual carriageway, central divide quite wide and vegetation. Came to a roundabout, entered next stretch of dual carriageway. Left lane full of slow moving traffic, right lane clear. I was going straight ahead and assumed left lane was turning left at next roundabout.

See where I'm going?

Saw car approaching head on. Just managed to pull in left.

k3k3
Capt
Capt

#28 Post by k3k3 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:20 pm

Mid seventies, before the M20, M25 etc had been built, driving from Germany to Hampshire after work always involved getting off the ferry at about 05:00, there was a T-junction in Folkstone with an awkwardly placed island on the crossing road, where I almost always drove about fifty yards on the wrong side of the road until I saw the milk float. This was in spite of me thinking about it all the way.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by llondel » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:42 pm

The agreement in our family has always been "the passenger is allowed to scream" because we've both had brain farts when switching between the UK and US and it's way better to say something if you think the driver is confused.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by Undried Plum » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Facing the music ain't so bad.

You've just got to be honest and truthful. Not the Murricane gumment way, methinks.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:28 am

I see the parents are now seeking a judicial review in the Foreign Office advice that the woman had diplomatic immunity. They are referring the police to the IOPC. Their lawyers are drafting a letter of claim. "Just the beginning" . Then the role of the US Administration and considering a civil action against Mrs Sacoolas.

It's all about the money and the lawyers will lap it up.

Very sad, obviously very angry, but is it going to assuage their grief?

Mrs Ex-Ascot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by Mrs Ex-Ascot » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:42 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:28 am

It's all about the money and the lawyers will lap it up.

The lawyers will almost certainly make a lot of money for themselves, as for the family I feel for them but I'm sure they would be better off getting on with their lives rather than lining the pockets of their lawyers.
RAF 32 Sqn B Flt ; Twin Squirrels.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:49 pm

The spokesman for the family of Harry Dunn is set to meet with lawyers in the US to consider bringing a “civil claim for damages” against the suspect in the case.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/Justice4harry

The money tree has £73k so far.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#34 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:42 pm

..........but for some reason have to concentrate when coming back to the left, that is really odd.
Repeat, sorry. Returning to a Left driving country after time in the USA. Riding a motor bike home at night down a narrow twisting lane, saw the reflection of approaching headlights around the next corner. Christ ! I don't know which side of the road I should be on !
( no steering wheel for assistance ) Fortunately I got it right ( left, actually ! )

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by John Hill » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:26 pm

Frankly, Britain should just forget about this woman. Can you imagine what ***** Humpty Trumpty might stir if this woman were to be put on trial in the UK? Stantions for a start and forget about any 'special relationship'.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:29 am

John, far too late, years too late. The compensation industry is now unstoppable. Dozens of strange people have chipped in with a fiver a time and the lawyers have their snouts firmly in the trough. They will gobble up every penny in the public fund and a large part of any compensation awarded.

Assuming a civil claim is won then her insurance company, if she was adequately insured, will cough up and the parents will trouser the balance.

Where's there blame there's a claim.

In terms of loss of one's son, no money can compensate for the loss. If a deceased had dependents then it is only right that there should be compensation, but in the case of parents I am not convinced.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by ian16th » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:44 am

One time I returned to the UK from a LHD country and had a problem, was as a pedestrian.

It was while I was at Istres, I came back to UK by train and ship and I walked out of Victoria station and looked the wrong way for the traffic, and stepped in front of a London Cab!

The driver of which, stopped his cab an inch or so from my right leg, and quite rightly let me have his opinion of me in rather ripe Cockney!
Cynicism improves with age

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by CharlieOneSix » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:57 pm

The woman concerned has been charged with death by dangerous driving and the CPS has said diplomatic immunity did not apply and her extradition from the US is being sought.
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#39 Post by 1DC » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:09 pm

I always thought that an American citizen can be "extradited" from the USA only if they agree to go of their own free will.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:54 pm

The chances of her return to UK are less than Nil, but with an outstanding arrest pending she may not visit the UK again soon.