Re: General Election views

#361 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:02 pm

"Noddy Fifty Million Trees"?? Aka??

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#362 Post by barkingmad » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:55 pm

John “Back to Basics” Major, Tony Blair and Gina Miller once again have crawled out of their respective crevices to urge us all to vote ‘the right way’. My BP elevates again just by reading the news! !

It was Major who signed UK up to Maastricht though I don’t recall a referendum at the time nor a manifesto which allowed the peasants the choice. Blair is a busted flush, discredited by “New Improved Labour”, who did more than anyone to privatise and sell off the NHS by means of the awful Private Finance Initiative for both hospitals and also embroiled Edgikayshun in that expensive ‘off-books’ manoeuvre which will come home to hit the next generation worse than it it’s hurting now. And as for the failed lawyer Miller it’s nice if you a can afford to shell out to your mates m’learned friends in order to change the path chosen by the majority of the electorate in 2016. [-X

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#363 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:16 pm

128,492 Guardian newspapers are sold daily. Half the population of Rotherham.
Press Gazette articles last month.
'Guardian operating losses have escalated by a further £10m to £68.7m for the last financial year'
'Guardian underlying losses remain above £19m despite 20 per cent digital revenue growth'

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#364 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:25 pm

I reckon Krystal n Chips probably buys half of those too :))

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#365 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:42 pm

..and the BBC the other half.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#366 Post by Smeagol » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:54 pm

I would guess that OFSO means the leader of HM's Opposition. The description seems to fit him anyway!
We hates Bagginses!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#367 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Thanks, Smeagol - I obviously need to pay more attention (start?) to Corbyn's utterances. :))

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#368 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:08 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:02 pm
"Noddy Fifty Million Trees"?? Aka??
Actually 200 trees per minute for 20 years. Well 200 men could plant a tree a minute each. Or 600 men in an 8 hour day.

What was not defined was how large each would be nor its species. At all costs they should avoid the dull mono culture of pine forests.

I planted two rows of trees outside the gin palace at Waddington. More precisely I saw an advert that the Springfield Nursery at Spalding were giving away, free to collect, trees to public bodies. We qualified. MT did a training run with a 10 tonner and trailer. It returned with a veritable forest of 20 foot trees. PSA went spare in case we dug up power cables. SATCO went spare lest he had the wrong sort of birds nesting on his airfield, and they all survived. But it took rather longer than a minute.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#369 Post by OFSO » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Apologies, I thought "Noddy" was appropriate and not too offensive. And in an hour or so, he'll be debating with "Big Ears" on BBC. The OFSO household will NOT be watching. We've had a sufficiency.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#370 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:54 pm

Or Gandalf then?

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#371 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Mrs 4ma switched over to watch the debate and promptly switched back to whatever she was watching beforehand.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#372 Post by om15 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:21 pm

I have just watched the first half hour of the debate, a balanced audience, Nick Robinson seemed to chair as a reasonably unbiased umpire and both politicians had uninterrupted opportunity to put their cases forward.
Corbyn just parroted Marxist propaganda despite being unable to back his assertions regarding the NHS, BJ did seem quite lucid but failed to beat Corbyn into the ground over his absurd claims.
Will watch the rest tomorrow, maybe.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#373 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:20 pm

1. It's not a debate. There's no effective interaction. It is a slanging match at best, according to my UK correspondent who was most happy to be interrupted from it by my skype call.
2. Update to my last: over half my correspondent's colleagues will be voting Labour in a strongly Conservative constituency. This in a business which Labour has promised to shut down. They wish to express that they can't trust Boris to do what he says. The rest will be voting Tory because they can't trust Jeremy to do anything sane. They are, of course, both right, as far as I can tell.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#374 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:23 pm

On the debate we think Boris won on points. He had scrubbed up quite well too.

Voting against your party in a strongly held constituency will certainly send a message. Doing it in a marginal (4,000+) and you might not get what you really want.

My dream ticket is a BJ win, get Brexit done, and move on.

The move on in have in mind is BJ.

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#375 Post by Wodrick » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Our postal vote papers still not here so won't be voting. As I have already said academic in Tatton.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#376 Post by barkingmad » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 am

Thank goodness Jeff Taylor YouTube Latest has shown once again he’s done his homework. Alas for Labour, it seems as if the awful Barry Gardner (creepy voice) and the elegantly quiffed Kier Starmer have failed to complete their assignments.

According to Jeff T, even if Corbyn is crowned King of what’s left of UK, he will be unable to bring us the land of milk & honey as promised thanks to restrictions in law by the very EU the Labour lot wish to remain married to!

Go check his YouTube video entitled “Jeremy Corbyn and the undeliverable Labour Manifesto” and the future looks very interesting indeed!

This is proof positive, as if it was needed, as to the lies and deceit to which the UK electors and the world in general have been subjected by both sides of the GE/Brexit dispute.

Unfortunately Nigel’s hope of draining the HoC and HoL swamps have been successfully sabotaged by the very party who started this farce nearly 5 years ago when Cameron went grovelling to Brussels.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#377 Post by OFSO » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:49 am

Seems like some of Corbin's material has been prepared by our chums in Moscow. Thought those days were over but obviously not.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#378 Post by om15 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:58 am

The Sunday Times is interesting today, full details of the anti sematic situation in the Labour Party, it is difficult to believe that any reasonable person could vote for them after reading that, however the Observer leader urges people to ignore this, ignore the dangerous SNP, ignore the obvious uselessness of the Dental Party and vote for anyone but the charlatan Johnson.
This is a huge battle between good and evil over the Brexit battlefield, the Establishment may well yet win, and even if the Tories do in fact emerge with a majority then we can be sure that he will be thwarted in the months ahead in the negotiations with the EU.

It is suggested that if Labour lose the election Corbyn will resign on Friday and Red Mac will take over as interim Leader of the Opposition until a new leader is chosen, this process will be extended until next autumn in order that momentum can change the rules in order to get a more hard left leader. In normal times we could rejoice in this as it makes Labour unelectable, but these are not normal times.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#379 Post by barkingmad » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Abnormal times call for abnormal measures.

om15, if the likely diasaster does occur, the great unwashed UK peasantry may have to copy Les Frogs and hit the streets with a protest movement hereinafter known as the Gillettes Jeunes?!?! I leave you to translate that one.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#380 Post by Fox3WheresMyBanana » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi Vis Hooligans ;)))