Royal Family Soap Opera

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Royal Family Soap Opera

#1 Post by om15 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:08 pm

With the recent media reports on Prince Harry and his wife the mystery and magic of our great Royal Family has taken rather knock, in the past the Royal family have had a scandal about every twenty years or so, with abdications, divorces and so on regularly arranged for our enjoyment.
It appears that they have decided to step up the entertainment, the press this morning is full of comment of the interview that Prince Andrew carried out on the subject of his close friend Jeffery Epston, I didn't see the interview as I don't follow much of the popular high ratings programme on television, but I am interested if members of the team who watched this can recommend whether I should catch the repeats on Dave.

Capetonian

Re: Royal Family Soap Opera

#2 Post by Capetonian » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:14 pm

I saw a few minutes of the interview on one of the news channels.

I am probably in a minority but I felt that he came across as sincere and truthful, however what does worry me is that he did the interview at all. I would have thought that dignified silence would have served his cause far better.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3 Post by Boac » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:37 pm

"dignified silence" - difficult, I feel, for him. :))

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#4 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:14 pm
I saw a few minutes of the interview on one of the news channels.

I am probably in a minority but I felt that he came across as sincere and truthful, however what does worry me is that he did the interview at all. I would have thought that dignified silence would have served his cause far better.
Cape, obviously we didn't see it but agree with you 100%. But again we have a Royal overseas tour upstaged by dramatic statements by another senior Royal. It seems that this interview had been planned for 12 months. Why could he not delay it until TRHs the Cornwalls had returned from their tour. The whole value of The Royal Family is their work in promoting British business abroad and supporting overseas charities. HRH Prince Harry and that woman screwed up their own tour down here to have a go at the press and undermined TRH's the Cambridge's tour to Pakistan shortly afterwards. There seems to be no coordination between the households these days or maybe no respect.

We feel very sorry for HMQ and wish we could hear HRH PP's views =))
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

CremeEgg
Snr FO
Snr FO

#5 Post by CremeEgg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:10 pm

Worth watching if only to form your own opinion.

Cape hits the nail on the head. When you are in (or alleged to be in) a hole stop digging. Shut up and keep quiet. Deny everything. Yet again he appears to have been badly advised - like so many Royal appearances. "Air Miles Andy" is always going to start on the back foot when it comes to dealing with the MSM.

Personally I'd be concerned about being connected to anything to do with any of the Maxwell family who have not exactly covered themselves in glory over the years. Similarly, those who are very successful in business have frequently only been so because of some dealings that at best border on the illegal. DoY clearly lives in a different world to that which most of the MSM inhabit and I can see that he must meet huge numbers of people at equally huge numbers of functions. He did, however, seem to have an excellent detailed memory of some things but no memory of others. Remembered from a good briefing maybe?

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#6 Post by om15 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Apparently the FBI wish to have a chat with the Duke of York, that might be interesting. Opinion seems to be that HRH has really put his foot in it with this interview, it is now being alleged that he has used the N word in public, what he actually said about Nigel Farage has not yet been reported.

His PR advisor has resigned because in fact he was advised NOT to carry out this interview, this is going to rumble on. I have thought long and hard on whether there is one member of the Royal Family other than the Queen herself that isn't a dysfunctional mess, I only came up with one and that is Zara Phillips, she has had her tongue pierced, married a rugby player and just quietly gets on with a normal life, the rest are about as low as our politicians.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#7 Post by Alisoncc » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:01 pm

om15 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:18 pm
I have thought long and hard on whether there is one member of the Royal Family other than the Queen herself that isn't a dysfunctional mess,
I do so like William and Kate. What have they ever done wrong?

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#8 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:32 am

I too wondered why Prince Andrew did that interview.

Today I learned that the girl he was pumping has already made a filmed interview detailing her side of the story, but it's not been aired yet.

Clearly HRH has arranged to get his story out first.

I've no doubt he shagged her, and I have to say from her pictures I can see why.

Surely, although jolly young for our honourable prince, 17 is well past the age of consent?

Plenty of English girls are playing 'hide the sausage' long before they are 14 these days.. ..

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#9 Post by probes » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:21 am

yeah, the articles on the interview seem bad enough. Maybe there are too many RHs? As suggested.

Capetonian

#10 Post by Capetonian » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:31 am

IMG-20191119-WA0000.jpg

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#11 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:24 am

Prince Andrew appears to be a rather dodgy, mendacious, rather thick shyster based upon his own answers and general demeanor in said interview.

The fact that he claims he traveled all the way to the USA and then spent 4 days at the house of a convicted paedophile just in order to tell the same paedophile that he no longer wanted to be associated with him is such ludicrous baloney that one wonders about his sanity, let alone his intelligence. The sweating canard was beyond parody.

As my mother used to say, lie with dogs get up with fleas and in this case Andrew comes across as a very dirty dog indeed. Better he crawls into some dark kennel and just shuts up.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#12 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:21 am

Prince Andrew said that as a member of the British royal family, hugs and public displays of affection are not things he would do.
Not the kind of the man who would ever be seen cuddling up to women in public?
"I don't know why I've collected that title because I don't... I never have really partied."

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#13 Post by probes » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:28 am

:) - oh, poor guy... sorry, RH. Unaware of the 'almighty', i.e. social media watching us 24/7...

Nick Riviera
Snr FO
Snr FO

#14 Post by Nick Riviera » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:41 am

I am a huge believer in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty." However, having watched the interview, I don't think I have ever seen anyone appear more guilty than Andrew. It was an absolute car crash, like watching my teenage son try and lie his way out of something wrong he has been caught doing. The contradictions, inconsistencies and memory lapses were astonishing. My gut feeling is that he did it which, contrary to another poster's assertion, was against the law as a couple of times it allegedly happened in the States where the age of consent is 18.

What was particularly disgusting was that he never gave any thought to any of the girls caught up in this, everything was about him and his reputation. He even described Epstein's behaviour as "unbecoming." This is going to run and run and I think he could be in some serious trouble.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#15 Post by om15 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:44 am

I do so like William and Kate. What have they ever done wrong?
I had to google to see who they were, yes they seem harmless enough,he is still making headlines this morning, his most vigorous defenders claim that he is too thick to realise what he did was not admirable, so that's ok then.
All the princes seem to be helicopter pilots, is there a reason for that?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#16 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:37 am

Nick Riviera wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:41 am
I am a huge believer in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty." However, having watched the interview, I don't think I have ever seen anyone appear more guilty than Andrew. It was an absolute car crash, like watching my teenage son try and lie his way out of something wrong he has been caught doing. The contradictions, inconsistencies and memory lapses were astonishing. My gut feeling is that he did it which, contrary to another poster's assertion, was against the law as a couple of times it allegedly happened in the States where the age of consent is 18.

What was particularly disgusting was that he never gave any thought to any of the girls caught up in this, everything was about him and his reputation. He even described Epstein's behaviour as "unbecoming." This is going to run and run and I think he could be in some serious trouble.
+1

Well put.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#17 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:55 am

G-CPTN wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:21 am
Prince Andrew said that as a member of the British royal family, hugs and public displays of affection are not things he would do.
Not the kind of the man who would ever be seen cuddling up to women in public?
"I don't know why I've collected that title because I don't... I never have really partied."
Not so you'd notice.

Around 1982, after the Falklands, he gate crashed a private sqn party at Lossimouth. IIRC he was in a flying suit, I think some other crewmen were with him. His protection squad was upstairs in one of the bedrooms.

Andy stood head and shoulders under everyone else and the younger wives and gf mobbed him. So much for not partying.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#18 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:07 pm

To quote Mrs PN, too much money, not enough to do. Mrs PN also points out that the top of the DT today is in BLACK.

The problem with all people with huge wealth and a public profile is that anonymity is impossible. They can't go to a public venue, wear Swasticas, or prance around in the nude. Instead they go to 'discrete ' venues and hope to stifle gossip with money.

I could go on with the gossip that Mrs PN has picked up from her social media.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#19 Post by om15 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:14 pm

If I recall he was subject to rather a slagging on TOP a few years ago for his behaviour whilst in the RN, (bet they don't refer to the "Andrew" these days), one commentator on TOP was a former minder, he was definitely not impressed.
Todays news is that more charities and Trusts are removing him as patron, including a University oop north. This is taking the attention away from the other one with the unsuitable yank missis, I wonder if he is pleased or annoyed at this.

These seedy looking birds in the States are really going for it, with the scent of dollars they are revealing all, this thread might become a hamsterwheel.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#20 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Saying he went to Pizza Express does not conflict with going the Tramps later that day. Saying he always has security with him does not mean they had eyes on him the whole time.

In the case I cited above the protection team were in a mess wing two floors and some distance away.