A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Pride of Scotland

#21 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:49 pm

om15 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:24 am
I read a more detailed account of the charges against Salmond, mainly groping and being a pest, it looks like the right on leftie establishment in Scotland have decided to impose a bit of PC and Metoo and make a big deal out of it.
This will be hugely embarrassing (and hugely expensive) for Salmond, even a thick skinned oaf like him will find this difficult, but I bet his lawyer chews up the witness's and I bet that at the end he walks away.
This seems slightly more than slap and tickle:- taking her clothes off and pushed her onto a bed before lying naked on top of her.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by barkingmad » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:27 pm

Now just reading the charge list is putting me off me dinner, having had my breakfast ruined some months ago!
If proven, the charge list shows he was persistent and determined, just what we need in a modern politico...!

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#23 Post by Smeagol » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Whilst being no fan of Mr Fish, having had reasons to have close involvement in an alleged sexual offence case and seen the result, I do not believe anything. He could be a serial rapist or equally he could be completely innocent. The result will largely depend on who has the smartest set of lawyers.

What I do find unpleasant and decidedly unfair is that the defendant is named immediately but the accusers maintain anonymity even if the defendant is cleared of charges.

I now have little faith in British justice.
We hates Bagginses!

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:29 pm

Another thing, the structure of a British court case is that the accusations are tabled (and reported) at the beginning of the case - before the defendant has the chance to 'defend' themselves - it is only later in the case that the defence have the chance to refute in detail the accusations.
The media will report the accusations in great salacious detail then skirt over the opposing evidence.

After all, a 'story' is a story - and that's what sells newspapers.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by barkingmad » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:32 pm

“I now have little faith in British justice”.

But you gotta agree UK Plod & CPS certainly put some effort into this “rape” case?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4313763/w ... ailed/amp/

The tragic aspect to this sort of travesty is that real rape cases are not proceeding to trial & proper conviction resulting in extra trauma to those genuine victims.

Smeagol
Capt
Capt

#26 Post by Smeagol » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:53 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:32 pm
“I now have little faith in British justice”.

But you gotta agree UK Plod & CPS certainly put some effort into this “rape” case?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4313763/w ... ailed/amp/

The tragic aspect to this sort of travesty is that real rape cases are not proceeding to trial & proper conviction resulting in extra trauma to those genuine victims.
Exactly

Plod are extremely quick to believe any accusations and spend any amount of time and money pursuing an alleged perpetrator of a sexual offence. Remender Cliff Richard, Lord Bramall, Harvey Proctor etc.?
It was recently quoted on my local news that sex related crimes had doubled in the last year whilst burglaries have reduced. Could this be because plod do not treat burglary as a crime now but anything indicating a sexual motive is flavour of the day/month/year and is to be treated with the utmost zeal?

Have little respect for British plod anymore, they are merely political pawns.
We hates Bagginses!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Boac » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:29 am

"She claimed he then "pounced" on her and started removing both his clothes and hers, before pushing her "not violently but assertively" onto a bed and getting on top of her while he was naked."

"Honest - I thought she had come to do the laundry, and I tripped as I gave her my clothes to wash"

I do note from that article

"The woman said she managed to get away and went upstairs to get her belongings so she could leave, but Mr Salmond followed her and again blocked her against a wall." which does raise the odd query in my mind?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by barkingmad » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:59 am

So far I can see the future film of this trial and flashbacks starring all the ‘Pink Panther’ stars (alas no longer with us) with the same slapstick comedy sequences?

With any luck for Alex the jury will find him not guilty when they’ve finally picked themselves off the floor having collapsed there with laughter.

Otherwise a remake of Benny Hill might more accurately be a “reconstruction” of the crime, to help with witness recall?

Now the problem is, who do we cast as Alex the Predatory Fish and who will play the hapless victims who manage to lose their clothing in such clever fashion?

From too long ago I recall certain items of ladies’ clothing and underwear proved extremely fiddly and difficult to remove! Especially when “significant drink had been taken”!

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by Boac » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:08 am

"From too long ago I recall certain items of ladies’ clothing and underwear proved extremely fiddly and difficult to remove! Especially when “significant drink had been taken”!
I'd heard you'd stopped wearing them? =))

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by Boac » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:15 am

Availing myself of the customary O-N 'thread drift' protocol, this reminds me of the Lossie AEW squadrons' visits to RAF Leuchars for fighter affil (back in the 70's/80's) and Gladys. This probably predates your time, BM, but one of the squadrons had a 'detachment party-piece' for TGIF in the bar where one of the occifers would quietly detach upon arrival of the Group Captain (O/C Leuchars) in the bar and appear some minutes later dolled up in a fetching two-piece (with handbag). Subsequent attempts to 'engage' with the C/O would be made until rumbled.

(I won't mention the rumour that one of The Phantom navs got hooked............. :)) )

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by barkingmad » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:08 pm

boac, it was my time on 8AEW from 1974-79. I recall vividly attending one of these liaison evenings where we in the historic aircraft flight would mingle with the steely-eyed jet jocks who drove the F4s and Lightning’s which provided our “scopies” down the back of the Shack with much occupational therapy.
After too many libations we adjourned to sleeping quarters atop the mess where yours truly decided to ‘streak’ outside the dormer windows. True to form my loyal crew mates held shut the window leaving me in the Leuchars winter air wondering about the meaning of life etc whilst naked in a Scottish winter OAT.
Thanks for the memory, to this day I still wonder what possessed me to behave thus.
And it’s just possible “sidevalve” witnessed the whole episode........ :-o

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by Boac » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:32 pm

Just missed you then - left Leuchars for the OCU in '73.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by barkingmad » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:50 pm

Boac wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:32 pm
Just missed you then - left Leuchars for the OCU in '73.
Just as well you missed that image, it would have haunted you ‘til this day. But I like to think it’s not as awful an image as the one of Salmond chasing his prey around offices and hotels whilst deshabillee and his member waving in the breeze?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#34 Post by Boac » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Might be worth asking why the 'prey' was in the 'office' or 'hotel'? I smell a serious outbreak of BR logo here.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by barkingmad » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:11 pm

Maybe the ‘prey’ was a SPAD i e a SPecial ADviser? What other things could SPAD stand for in this sordid context?
Winner of the cleverest and wittiest answer gets awarded a guided tour of the Jockistan parliament building guided by Wee Nicola Krankie. Ear defenders optional on request.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by llondel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:15 pm

Sex Provider As Demanded?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by barkingmad » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:10 am

State Provided Amateur Dragartist?

sidevalve
ATPL
ATPL

#38 Post by sidevalve » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:25 am

barkingmad wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:08 pm
And it’s just possible “sidevalve” witnessed the whole episode........ :-o
Thankfully I was spared that particular treat! ;)))
I've not been following the Salmond case.. but I suspect the outcome will be a "Not Proven" verdict.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#39 Post by barkingmad » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:37 am

Here’s some graphic and gory snippets allegedly from the trial proceedings. It has to be read from the end backwards to get it into chronological sequence otherwise it doesn’t make much sense;

https://news.sky.com/story/live-alex-sa ... n-11953690

Questions must be asked, as undoubtedly will the defence QC, as to how long the process took and why didn’t she run for it and/or make a lot of noise and commotion to stop the events sooner?
Even if he’s acquitted of all charges I suspect he’s a busted flush politically already. Presumably Brexit or the Russians will be blamed for the smear campaign.......
Sidevalve, don’t let it spoil your enjoyment of lovely French cuisine!

sidevalve
ATPL
ATPL

#40 Post by sidevalve » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:26 pm

I won't - I've got my rose-tinted goggles on the hall table! ;)))