E U

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: E U

#21 Post by Boac » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:20 am

I believe you have misinterpreted the point - the Farago made the point that the rabid desire for 'world domination' by the EU threatened Russia and prompted the 2014 'invasion'. This fits with the Plum's point on the Ukraine war, that the 'west' has prodded the bear and the bear had bitten back. The whole shebang, EU 'expansion' and NATO's involvement have been contributory.

I see no suggestion that exit from the EU has significantly altered the UK's exposure?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:15 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:20 am
I believe you have misinterpreted the point - the Farago made the point that the rabid desire for 'world domination' by the EU threatened Russia and prompted the 2014 'invasion'. This fits with the Plum's point on the Ukraine war, that the 'west' has prodded the bear and the bear had bitten back. The whole shebang, EU 'expansion' and NATO's involvement have been contributory.

I see no suggestion that exit from the EU has significantly altered the UK's exposure?
I didn't misinterpret anything, I listened to Farago and completely dismissed his thesis and simply laid out (IMHO) what the real case is. As for Plum's thesis, I am apt to ignore a lot of what he says on this subject now, having given him a lot credence previously.

I put my last comment there, not so much as antidote to what Farage said in that video but simply to call into question the whole notion of the UK being stronger outside Europe, so beloved of Farago and his acolytes.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Boac » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:25 am

I thought the issue was WHY Putin invaded the Crimea in the first place, not that he "was allowed to get way with" it?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#24 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:29 am

Boac wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:25 am
I thought the issue was WHY Putin invaded the Crimea in the first place, not that he "was allowed to get way with" it?
The question of why Russia has historically regarded Crimea as its own, predates Putin and goes back 100's years (think even before the Charge of the Light Brigade era). Farage's facile thesis doesn't do the subject justice, but no more than we can here really to be fair.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Seenenough

#25 Post by Seenenough » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:15 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:20 am
I believe you have misinterpreted the point - the Farago made the point that the rabid desire for 'world domination' by the EU threatened Russia and prompted the 2014 'invasion'. This fits with the Plum's point on the Ukraine war, that the 'west' has prodded the bear and the bear had bitten back.The whole shebang, EU 'expansion' and NATO's involvement have been contributory.

Not so much the broad description of the"west" but rather better described as Western Europe.

The USA had little to do with the EU's,largely under German control, drive to incorporate every country into the EU between itself and Russia.

The USA under the Trump administration was critical of how the EU/Germany was abusing NATO (article 5 in particular) in order to achieve its expansionist aims.Who can forget the hissy fit that Merkel threw when Trump told her that the US required the EU members of NATO to step up and defend themselves against their own stupid decisions which made the EU totally dependent on Russia for their energy needs.

Trump also withdrew the US from the Green Accords as he viewed the whole issue as a means of making the EU members even more dependent on buying energy and minerals from the east.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:51 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:56 pm
Moscow's insistence on rouble payments for Russian gas
Who can explain the subtleties of paying in roubles rather than dollars?
I understand 'loss on conversion' between currencies, but is that what Russia is trying to circumvent?

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by llondel » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:19 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:51 pm
I understand 'loss on conversion' between currencies, but is that what Russia is trying to circumvent?
From where do you get your roubles? You presumably have to get them from Russia, given that they won't appreciate it if you print your own, and if that drives remand for roubles then the exchange rate will drive up the value of the rouble because if there aren't enough available to be bought outside Russia then the price goes up.

I assume that if you're paying in their currency then you can just deposit it in one of their banks and avoid all the sanctions and restrictions imposed by others.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:38 pm

llondel wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:19 pm
G-CPTN wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:51 pm
From where do you get your roubles? You presumably have to get them from Russia, given that they won't appreciate it if you print your own, and if that drives remand for roubles then the exchange rate will drive up the value of the rouble because if there aren't enough available to be bought outside Russia then the price goes up.

I assume that if you're paying in their currency then you can just deposit it in one of their banks and avoid all the sanctions and restrictions imposed by others.
Putin and the West, are all not being honest here. To my knowledge, only four Russian banks have been totally sanctioned, that is unable to use Swift, and the pleasure of frictionless foreign exchange, in trades, and even commercial banking is still basically frictionless! Grandstanding by all parties here.

The rouble cra.. (er) situation works for Putin from a propaganda point of view, and obfuscates the reality that the West is still dealing with Russia at every level, and some parties are getting even richer on the basis of confusion on this issue (UP where is your stock tonight?)

Bend over and pay for the Vaseline folks...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by barkingmad » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:10 pm

Ramadan riots in Sweden and Muslim youths pelt an Easter procession in Spain with rocks. I wonder what Welby would have to say about this?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... im-youths/

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:54 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:10 pm
Ramadan riots in Sweden and Muslim youths pelt an Easter procession in Spain with rocks. I wonder what Welby would have to say about this?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... im-youths/
Meanwhile in NonIron, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arade.html
When all else fails, read the instructions.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by barkingmad » Mon May 02, 2022 11:13 am

Back in the EUssr even their own MEPs are getting restless at the antics of Ursula Fond of Lying and her Schwab cronies;

"When the government knows everything about you, where you go, what you eat, where you enter, that's a tyrannical system, and we've seen the system being implemented right now under the leadership of Ursula von der Leyen, slowly but surely in the European Union. The Green Certificate was just the first step... The European wallet ID, for example, the European Social Security card, all these things are creating the system that will monitor, control, supervise, and condition the rights of all the European citizens."

https://rumble.com/v135a9r-we-are-witne ... risti.html

So why did we participate, some of us, in the Cold War...? ~X(

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon May 02, 2022 7:38 pm

Every time I read about the European wallet ID, I can't type fast enough please bring it as fast as possible and fire as many as possible government and local council employees who do nothing but ask for documents to do a job. Some year back I had to move my legal residence from the main area to a suburb. The national ID card and the rental contact of the place I was leaving were enough. I had to get a birth certificate specifically for "election reasons" not just "for all legal uses".

I can't tell you how much appreciated when I was able to issue from my lap-top a birth certificate at 2:00am without having to deal with "no your document is not right go back get another one". It seems the government is excellent at finding you when you are due to pay some taxes but really bad at plenty of other instances...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 04, 2022 8:53 am

Oh how the perfectly coiffured Ursula Fond of Lying must cringe when this rebel stands up and delivers her 2 minutes of HE verbal mortar shells;

https://rumble.com/v13g2zu-julian-assan ... als-w.html

She says it like it is but remember the old adage;

“Truth does not like being questioned, a lie does not like being challenged.”

Not since Farage have we seen someone on their hind legs in the EUSSR ‘parliament’ speak so eloquently and powerfully on difficult topics. I trust her personal security is good as strange things can happen to those who ruffle the feathers? :-w

P S. I know she’s Oirish but I’m not biased, ok?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#34 Post by Boac » Wed May 04, 2022 9:35 am

Do you think members should do anything on this site about it?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 04, 2022 11:06 am

Boac wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:35 am
Do you think members should do anything on this site about it?
A strange and vague question which really makes me wonder about your thought processes, bo.

I’m sure if O-N members feel strongly enough about a) Ms Daley and her security, b) the fate of Julian Assange, c) Ursula VDL or d) my potential bias in favour of the orator, then they would seek to take appropriate action via their elected representatives in their legislature or to support an online call elsewhere on unsocial meeja for those issues to be addressed.

I am not expecting anyone within the choking confines of O-N to do anything, as even any comment on my post might risk another lashing with the red pen on those brave enough to venture an opinion.

Or was it my quote of the adage which caused your antenna to light up in alarm mode? :-?

The very existence of your post confirms the flavour of the comments across in the ‘Censored’ thread, in which I have so far noticeably abstained in contributing, for which many will doubtless be relieved. X(

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by Boac » Wed May 04, 2022 12:18 pm

BM wrote:the ‘Censored’ thread, in which I have so far noticeably abstained in contributing, for which many will doubtless be relieved
You are certainly right there. Many.
I am not expecting anyone within the choking confines of O-N to do anything, as even any comment on my post might risk another lashing with the red pen on those brave enough to venture an opinion.
No. I was wondering what value your post had since we are no longer, as far as I am aware, in the EU? While I appreciate you are 'within the choking confines of O-N' and hence are reluctant to post anything of substance here, I was pleased to see you have now surprisingly made some actual suggestions in your new post. I had been wondering if Professor Chicken Licken had any suggestions on the matter.

I missed the 'adage' - what was that about?

I'm pretty sure. knowing Admin2, that the only 'lashing' (do you write for the Daily Mail, perchance?) anyone would get is if they breached the established rules. Does the red colour affect you badly? Would you be happier with a sort of 'pinky' hue? I'm sure Admin2 could change it if the red does upset your sensitive nature.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 04, 2022 3:51 pm

bo asks:- “No. I was wondering what value your post had since we are no longer, as far as I am aware, in the EU?”

Allegedly we have left the EU but as you have obviously not noticed, the UK is still hidebound by too many EU restrictions due to the inadequately modified totally crap Theresa May exit agreement which left too many loose ends being yanked by Brussels.

So it is probably sensible that we keep an eye on proceedings in that hellhole?

However, it’s all academic as soon we’ll all be in the brown and smelly stuff once the World Harm Organisation subsumes then overrides individual nations’ authority over their own peasantry.

To refresh your memory of that prospect, I recall posting info on it in this place which attracted little or no comment from any in O-N, so don’t let anyone bleat they knew nothing until it was too late! X(

And to give you, bo, more assistance in locating the relevant post than you have provided to me in the past, the thread is ‘Is WHO fit for purpose’, hidden away in Politics &Controversial and post #s 48 & 49 will give you a heads up.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by Boac » Wed May 04, 2022 4:00 pm

hidden away in Politics &Controversial
Nay, credit where credit is due! Correctly placed in the correct forum to avoid being lashed by pinky ink. I agree it does not seem to sadly be very interesting to most, but it keeps your post count up.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#39 Post by barkingmad » Sat May 07, 2022 8:09 am

The rosy fingers of a bright new dawn are tickling the eastern sky, so you’d better be amongst the first to download the App to reside alongside your ‘stab’ App;

““The Smart Citizen Wallet

This is a social credit system currently being piloted in Bologna, Italy.
In essence it is a points system based on virtuous behaviour, such as using public transport, sorting out your rubbish and moving away from all forms of fossil fuels in favour of renewables.

In exchange for this “good behaviour” citizens will be rewarded financially or through goods and services (the exact details are still being discussed).

The pilot scheme is purely voluntary in Bologna, but is very similar to an ongoing scheme in China that has been running for years.

To take part it will be necessary to install an app to your phone or tablet in order to have a registered digital identity with the local government and its agencies.

The Citizen Wallet, is being backed by the EU Commission, and in particular, Ursula von der Leyen, who wants it to be used in conjunction with the “European Digital Identity Wallet”, which will store digitized information (supposedly including driving licence, health, social security details, employment, criminal record, banking, passport etc) of every citizen in the EU.

Inevitably, there are concerns about privacy, civil rights, freedom of movement as well as the logic that suggests if you don’t hop on board the “Smart Citizen Wallet” idea, then that makes you out to be a bad person with something to hide (possibly even cancelled for not being virtuous enough!)

In essence, the EU want to move ahead and insist that every EU citizen installs the app so that they can not only have all their personal details digitized and consolidated into one virtual “wallet” (database, to you and me). And if you’re a model citizen you will earn points, while those who do not “conform” will be stigmatised and possibly even fined for being naughty!

And from a technological point of view this means even more dependency on having a smartphone and the way it holds/interrogates not only what apps you have installed, but your contacts, photos, text messages, location, journey tracking, online purchasing, fingerprint and iris scanner authentication. The “wallet” just adds another level of electronic activity/scrutiny on your freedoms and choices.

The pilot scheme in Bologna is for the moment voluntary. But we all know what will happen once approved by the EU hierarchy.”

“Wow it’s like being sentenced to doing community service without having committed a crime.”

“Well I wonder what happens when their phone battery runs out?
Do you have to go straight to bed while it charges up?
No phone no money no job no house?
Pensioner’s aren’t much use with phones either so I assume they will go to a special camp for a “reward”.”

“They can cancel you already.
Imagine having your bank accounts cancelled as well as all utility companies refusing to provide you with services?
All because your political opinions are deemed ‘bad’.”

“Once it’s been implemented worldwide, the next step will be THE digital currency having a “use by” date. You’ll be paid one week and if you don’t spend it then it will disappear by the next week. If you’re deemed a “good citizen” then you’ll receive payment the following week. You’ll never save any money up. Communism wins and techno capitalists will manage you. If you complain or cause any trouble your weekly payments will be suspended until you correct your behaviour…..”

“Rewards for virtuous behaviour eh.
No mention of the penalties for non virtuous behaviour in the future yet, but there’s bound to be some catch isn’t there. There’s always a catch.
Hang on… Wasn’t dystopian stuff like this, up until recently just more tinfoil hat conspiracy nonsense?
As for it not catching on. Oh it’ll catch on alright because the young smartphone addicted snowflake zombies will lap this ***** up en masse and it’ll be a case of sod the older folk who aren’t so keen because they’ll be dead soon anyway.”

There are a few older folk in this discussion group who may find themselves cancelled if they don’t sharpen up and conform, so dump that old Nokia or Ericsson and join the 21st Century or yer toast! =))

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#40 Post by Dushan » Sat May 07, 2022 2:01 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:09 am

“They can cancel you already.
Imagine having your bank accounts cancelled as well as all utility companies refusing to provide you with services?
All because your political opinions are deemed ‘bad’.”

No need to imagine. Just ask a Canadian trucker who spent the month of February in Ottawa.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".