Isn't it about time the left were told where to go?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Isn't it about time the left were told where to go?

#21 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:17 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:44 am
When I was a young 'un, Labour was the party for the working man.

Now the Tories have rushed back into representing the workers, leaving labour to represent the nations wankers.

Funny old world!😂
Oh my boys, my boys, we are at the end of an age! We live in a land of weather forecasts and breakfasts that set in, shat on by Tories, shovelled up by Labour, and here we are, we three; perhaps the last island of beauty... in the world

Of course Uncle Monty was gay... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by barkingmad » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:46 pm

Boac wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:54 am
I thought the British public did, in December?
And did they ever, with enthusiasm?!?!

I read the GE as the Peoples’ Vote as desired by the Labour and remoaner factions but they obviously can’t smell the coffee.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by llondel » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:19 am

barkingmad wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:46 pm
I read the GE as the Peoples’ Vote as desired by the Labour and remoaner factions but they obviously can’t smell the coffee.
You should know by now that it doesn't count unless it gives the desired result.

Sisemen

#24 Post by Sisemen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:59 am

Nobody does hate quite like the left - and it's coming out in spades in Australia.

I know that Alison will totally disagree, but this whole bush-fire pile on to the Prime Minister is absolutely political and is the result of the left unable to overcome the shock of losing the election. I accept that a lot of the statements are made by emotional people in shock but it is being whipped up by the likes of "your" ABC.

It was never this vituperative when Rudd and Gillard were in power - despite the horrendous cock-ups that each of them made.

The left/greens are going to get another shock when the Coalition are voted in again at the next election.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by BenThere » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:24 am

I've been in Adelaide watching the Australian fire drama unfold, my primary news source on my mother in law's basic cable being ABC News.

I agree, PM Morrison's lingering in Hawaii a few days into the inferno was a bit tone-deaf - he should have come home immediately as he now recognizes. But watching the coverage, he had little to do with the fire battle, but has had non-stop hostile coverage of firefighters and other people who won't shake his hand, footage of obvious low-lifes stalking him shouting obscenities as he visits stricken areas. ABC is promoting the meme that he fiddled while Australia burned.

It troubles me a bit that PM Morrison seems basically a good person as I gather from his press appearances. But he is hounded by a vicious, hostile press eager to portray him in the poorest light. He's getting the same treatment President Trump has gotten for the last 3-4 years. I'm hoping PM Morrison will rise above it just as President Trump has.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Woody » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:35 am

I’ve been sent this link by a friend who lives in Adelaide Ben, if this is the standard of Australian politicians, looks like they’ve got big problems.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertai ... 06619843b4
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:45 am

Because the Australian right (mainly due to a solid democratic regime) can't really manipulate the PM image. When a fire in Eastern Athenian seaboard caused 100+ deaths and scores of houses burnt back in the European summer 2018 the left government was found in a difficult position regarding its inability to handle the situation. Then few days later the leftist PM Tsipras (a very good manipulator of facts and its image) visited the devastated area very early in a morning surrounded by a carefully selected crowd of his party members to show the government was doing its best and people were happy.

It seems left is better at controlling the image of a situation.

Slasher

#28 Post by Slasher » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:09 am

BenThere wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:24 am
But watching the coverage, he had little to do with the fire battle, but has had non-stop hostile coverage of firefighters and other people who won't shake his hand, footage of obvious low-lifes stalking him shouting obscenities as he visits stricken areas. ABC is promoting the meme that he fiddled while Australia burned.
This is why Ben if anyone posts ‘supporting’ references such as the ABC (Oz), ABC (US), BBC, CNN, MSNBC, NY Slimes, Washingup Post etc I don’t bother opening them. What’s the point anyway? It’ll be only left wing rhetoric and garbage - not to mention fake and/or exaggerated ***** when it comes to straightout politics.

I have to admit, to be fair, Fox News can overdo its pro-Trump image and stance quite a bit. It’s annoying and it should ease up on that. But then as you know I rarely look at Western media.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by Woody » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:00 am

Is the Daily Mail ok Slasher? Starting to get a bit worried as you seem to be supporting the Chinese Communist Party against the pro- democracy protesters in HK.

Meanwhile Boris has started backtracking already :-o

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ke-up.html
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Slasher

#30 Post by Slasher » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:15 am

You proceed from a false assumption Woody. I do not give a rat’s arse whatsoever about HKG, its idiotic destructive protesters and even less about the commie Chink govt. It’s not my home - I just work here. Let them brawl it out for all I care. Anyway I hope to be out of this loathesome dump by March. I’m not much of a fan of Singapore but at least it’s very damn safe and the locals don’t go around blocking streets with silly protests and wrecking their own infrastructure.

PS: I never read the Daily Snail stand-alone, but I will and do open a supporting link to it if posted by certain intelligent co-members such as Ex-A, TS, the ‘stacker, the ‘boat, and your good self for a few examples. I dunno if Fox3 has ever posted a link from the DM to support any of his arguments. Maybe.