The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2461 Post by OFSO » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:08 pm

BBC: Harry and Meghan's Netflix trailers criticised over 'misleading' clips.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63837131

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2462 Post by FD2 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:14 pm

Diana would be appalled at the damage Harry is doing to William

The Duke of Sussex casts himself as the sole champion of the late Princess of Wales – yet continues to monetise the memory of his mother

Allison Pearson
6 December 2022 • 5:00pm

Allison Pearson usually gets it spot on with her column.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/ ... y-william/

Good grief, I know The Crown takes liberties with reality, but this new series is really pushing it. Why would its writers expect us to believe a plot as fantastical as this?

Synopsis: Following the death of the family’s beloved matriarch, her son receives a warm welcome from the people but the King’s honeymoon period is short lived. Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have secretly been filming a documentary series to honour their $100 million contract with Netflix. Having experienced the chill of public excommunication at his grandmother’s funeral, still unsure what he gets in her Will, and with Papa not returning his calls, even Halfwit Harry realises that washing the family’s dirty laundry again on eight billion TV screens might not be such a smart move. But the Sussexes are under pressure to deliver content.

“Ms Truth”, Meghan’s animated series about a little girl who travels through history having her ancestors burnt at the stake for being insufficiently feminist, has been cancelled for being uncommercial, self-righteous and just really, really annoying. At this rate, the Sussexes might have to downsize from 16 bathrooms in their Montecito mansion to a frankly unacceptable 11. Throwing Harry’s entire family under the Gold State Coach is a small price to pay to keep the cash for the globally compassionate Archewell foundation rolling in.

Meanwhile, the Prince and Princess of Wales travel to Boston for the Earthshot Prize. This long-planned event, in which William continues grandfather Philip’s environmental campaigning, is disastrously overshadowed. First, when Lady Susan Hussey, William’s godmother, is accused of racism by a guest wearing African dress to a Palace reception. Lady Hussey is swiftly dispatched, despite being less of a liability to the royals than, say, Prince Harry. Monarchists are upset by King Charles’s capitulation to a trouble-seeking race activist and his perceived disloyalty to his mother’s loyal companion of 60 years.

Before that furore has time to die down, a trailer for “Harry and Meghan. A Netflix Global Event. Volume 1” is released. By complete coincidence, it appears halfway through the Waleses’ US tour when it has maximum chance of stealing the thunder of Harry’s big brother! It turns out a photographer has been in 24/7 attendance throughout the period the Sussexes were seeking privacy, on hand to record those “casual yet intimate moments” when they are smooching in the kitchen in full evening dress. Think Boy Meets Girl photo stories from Just Seventeen magazine.

Meghan gives Harry her best eyes-glistening-with-adoration pose while the fifth in line to the throne looks like some smitten farmhand Madam has borrowed from the pig-pen.

With a crash of dramatic music, a still photograph taken in Westminster Abbey reveals the Duchess of Sussex, a picture of innocence in white, while, in the pew in front, the invariably smiling Kate is looking daggers. Cut to Meghan weeping artfully on an H blanket. (Maybe it’s the £1,260 Hermes price tag that made the poor duchess’s eyes water?)

A second, longer Netflix trailer follows 48 hours later. It is an open declaration of war. Harry accuses the Palace of playing a “dirty game” and one contributor says Meghan’s experience in the Royal household was “about hatred, about race”. To communicate the full force of the hurt, Meghan has temporarily stopped wearing mascara. Harry talks about the “pain and suffering of women marrying into this institution… this feeding frenzy”. Inconveniently, there is no visual record of Meghan actually being harassed by paparazzi so they use old footage of Princess Diana, a still of massed photographers at a Harry Potter premiere and footage of cameramen who were filming former glamour-model Katie Price arriving for a court appearance. This blatant manipulation begins to attract adverse comment.

“No one knows the full truth,” says Harry ominously, staring straight into the camera. “We know the full truth.” DUN DUN DUUUN!

Summary: Prince Harry believes he is avenging his wronged mother from whose fate he tried to save Meghan. His tell-all memoir, Spare, is published in January. The Coronation is in May. Harry has seven months to prevent his father and stepmother becoming King and Queen. Fearing further damaging revelations, will King Charles apologise for “institutionalised racism” in the Royal family in an attempt to appease his angry son and crazy narcissist daughter-in-law? Or will the Sussexes self-combust in pursuit of flaming revenge, their victim narrative turning to ash as the public sees them for the greedy schemers that they appear to be….

ENDS

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2463 Post by FD2 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:16 pm

Part 2

Any hope the Palace might have had that this vulture-on-the-wall docu-series would be relatively innocuous has been dashed. Essentially, Harry and Meghan have produced a real-life ending to The Crown starring themselves as those cruelly-wronged, star crossed lovers, Harry and Meghan. Netflix must be cock-a-hoop. No need for auditions or any tiresome disclaimer such as they were asked to use when there was a row about the veracity of the current series. Harry & Meghan, which is available to view from Thursday, can boast that it is stronger than fiction. Because its leading man and leading lady have no need to master a script or invent scenes; they were there.

Ah, but that is to presume the couple are reliable witnesses to their own experience. Viewers will find no dissenting voices here. No Camilla, Catherine or Sophie Wessex who also “married into this institution”, which can’t have been easy, but, unlike Meghan, chose to take it in their stride and do a sterling job.

No one pressing, “Are you quite sure it was racism, Meghan? Maybe people just didn’t like you because you were a high-maintenance nightmare?” The Sussexes lose members of staff like other people lose car keys. In the summer of 2019, a Palace insider contacted me and reported “chronic, resentful feeling of inferiority combined with a love of control over her husband and a lack of reconnaissance on how the Royal family behave results in a lethal combination. Heading for another Wallis Simpson is the general verdict.” That won’t be in the series either, I bet.

“I realised they’re never gonna protect you,” Meghan says bitterly in the trailer. On the contrary. At first, “they” (loyal courtiers) bent over backwards to prevent stories about the new Duchess’s behaviour reaching the media. If they started leaking against Meghan it was after it became clear that no one was going to protect them. An internal report into the handling of bullying allegations (which the Duchess denies) will never see the light of day because Buckingham Palace said there were “confidentiality agreements”. Meghan and Harry are very hot on safeguarding and respect; just not for other people.

Nowhere is that selfish obliviousness clearer than in Harry’s relationship with his brother. Casting himself as the sole champion of the late Princess of Wales, Harry rails, “I've seen what happens when someone I love is commoditised to the point that they are no longer treated or seen as a real person.” But what else are Harry and Meghan doing if not making a living from monetising the legend of Diana? Cynically, they conflate the story of the two royal wives when there is really no comparison. Married to Prince Charles just after her 20th birthday, Diana accrued huge public affection over 15 years of duty while enduring a loveless match. Benefitting from a far more caring Royal household and a doting husband, Meghan bailed in under two years.

Harry forgets that his mother had two sons who both adored her. A devout monarchist, Diana would be appalled at the damage her younger boy is doing to his big brother, her darling “Wills”, via the institution he will one day lead. If, that is, there is a monarchy left when Harry has finished his tantrum.

It’s the hypocrisy and the vindictiveness that I find unforgivable. In a May 2016 interview with Prince Harry, Andrew Marr asked, “You are pursued - how can you possibly have a private life?”

This was the prince’s reply: “Sadly, that line between public and private life is almost non-existent any more. We [the Royal family] will continue to do our best to ensure that there is a line… everyone has a right to their privacy… Sadly, in some cases there is this incessant need to find out every little bit of detail about what goes on behind the scenes. It’s unnecessary.”

Six years later, that warm, hugely likeable young man has put a bomb under the line he said should exist between the Royals’ public and private life. Shamelessly, he hawks the shrapnel to the highest bidder. But you keep telling yourself you’re the caring one, Harry son.

Tomorrow night, the Sussexes’ Grievance Show will pander to what Harry himself once damned as the “incessant need to find out… what goes on behind the scenes”. I hope the public has grown weary of their whingeing. How helpless and how sad the King must feel as he agonises over whether to cut the prodigal son loose or leave the door ajar, as a father’s love says he must. What does the Sovereign he now is say? The late Queen would not have hesitated. In three weeks, Charles III makes his first Christmas broadcast and we will know his choice: the Crown or family, truth or fiction; which is it to be?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2464 Post by Boac » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:51 am

A rather appropriate take on it all

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#2465 Post by limeygal » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:01 am

Boac-nice one. They truly are a tedious couple. H needs to grow a pair. It really is history repeating itself. He will end up an isolated and unhappy man stuck at home with his harridan wife. He made his choice.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2466 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:06 am

A good one Boac.

Well we now know what is in the first three hours of the crap. Seems that if there is going to be a comment from Buck House they are going to wait until the last three hours are released next week. I hope there is but fear that HMK may follow the late HMQ's policy of no comment. We will see.

Remove their titles and do not invite them to the bash on 6th May next year. They can watch it on TV with a MacDonald's and coke on their laps. Hand in hand of course :ymsick:
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2467 Post by OFSO » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:31 pm

I suspect coke up the nose more likely!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2468 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:37 pm

OFSO wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:31 pm
I suspect coke up the nose more likely!
Very possibly in that crowd. It was a friend of a young guy in our village in the Cotstwolds who provided him with the grass years ago.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2469 Post by Karearea » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:50 pm

Seeing that disgraceful parody of curtseying to the late Queen, and the stupid giggles and smirks as she demonstrated it, brought tears to my eyes.

That is not the behaviour of anyone who is fit for public - or any sort of - office.

I wonder which customs of her own country, and people in authority in her life, she has mocked in the past?
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2470 Post by FD2 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:26 pm

And Harry just sitting watching with a smirk on his face. The sort of curtsey that Queen Victoria might have expected or some ignorant people in La La Land might imagine still happens in Great Britain.

Pretty please King Charles - just cut them off as soon as possible and ignore the inevitable 'racist' accusations that will follow - and don't do the usual royal 'no comment' routine any more in their case.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2471 Post by FD2 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:07 am

Now I wonder what Harry reckoned the Queen might have thought about their Netflix performance if she hadn't conveniently died? The ginger donkey and his woman are beneath contempt because I suspect they didn't give it a moment's thought.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2472 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:38 am

And, FD2 we must not forget that this was recorded before the sad departure of HMQ. It was done with the knowledge that she may have seen it.

You can always bank on Piers Morgan.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2473 Post by OFSO » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:02 am

King Charles is begining to look weak, at least in this respect. He should have taken action before the Netflix program: doing it afterwards looks like revenge. Harry and Meghan tweaking of his tail and getting away with it resembles a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2474 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:32 am

Ex-A, full marks for stomach if you actually watched that video. I lasted 12 seconds.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2475 Post by OFSO » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:02 am

+ 1

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2476 Post by EA01 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:37 am

Have the Royals learnt nothing about marrying American Divorcees?..... :)) :))

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2477 Post by 4mastacker » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:20 am

I've only seen the disgusting clip of the Montdeceito Yacht Girl mocking our late Queen with the worthless Ginger piece of shite sitting beside her like a stuffed puppet, so I haven't wasted more than 10 seconds of my life - any longer and I would have had to hire a skip because there isn't a big enough sick bucket.

I wouldn't be surprised if their invites to the Coronation get "lost in the post" and it would be nice if KCIII grew a pair and and ordered them to be refused entry should they ever try to set foot in the UK again.

The Americans are welcome to them because I* don't want them here!

* I suspect a sizeable majority in the UK may also share that view.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2478 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:31 am

EA01 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:37 am
Have the Royals learnt nothing about marrying American Divorcees?..... :)) :))
Yes, but not those with no brain cells. Let us not forget that he wasn't even qualified to enter Sandhurst. His Grandfather once said, 'You can walk out with an actress but you don't marry one'.

If I had known, when I flew him as a baby, I could have opened the DV window and dropped him out.

OFSO the problem is that HMK is taking HMQ's line. No comment. 'The Palace' should issue a statement. it will of course be from HMK but given by his private secretary, Sir Clive Alderton.

4M, we don't want them back here either. Last time they stayed just down river from us. At least we could piss in the river and know it was going to go past them.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2479 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:34 am

AFAICT from several related links, the information published by MM is pure unadulterated shyte.

I remember, when at infants school, a girl who simply couldn't tell the truth - everything she said was a tissue of lies.

I wonder what happened to her?

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#2480 Post by limeygal » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:55 am

I have not watched, nor will I, the pathetic charade cobbled together by Netflix. For a couple who hated the media and the Royal family and wanted to embrace their privacy, they are certainly trying to make money from them. It will take more than a fifth rate actress and her lackey to dislodge the monarchy. I actually think that ignoring them is the right thing to do. They have no class and the royals are taking the high road. The gruesome twosome are being shown for what they are and people will tire of it. I hope CIII strips them of their titles. It is the only currency they have. Without them they have nothing to peddle. The Americans love celebrity and encourage bad behaviour. Without titles, they are just empty suits (see what I did there?)