The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2501 Post by Pinky the pilot » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:50 am

I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss even if they were on fire
+1. (What I really wanted to say, actually. )
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#2502 Post by limeygal » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:01 am

Once they have finished "exposing their truth" and demolishing everything and everyone around them ,then what? They have nothing left to offer. People will get tired of them. Nobody wants to hear the same old crap over, and over. They can bang on all they want, but lets face it, they are talentless and even the Americans will move on to something else. Every dog has its day-time for these mongrels to say bye bye. The heat from all those burning bridges must be horrendous.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2503 Post by barkingmad » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:00 am

I enjoyed this discussion about Ginge & Nutmeg which occupies the first 18 mins of the podcast;

https://weeklysceptic.podbean.com/e/musk-vs-the-regime/

Synopsis; "-Toby and Nick chat about Meghan and the whipped Harry’s new Netflix documentary and how unsympathetically she comes across, how long this project has been in the planning and how much their life is a woke victim parody of itself.

We revisit a new(ish) segment discussing all the juicy Twitter Files revelations, called ‘Birdwatch’: how a power hungry group of authoritarian nerds censored Trump, how Elon ignored the obvious choice of Toby to release the documents to, and why the mainstream news outlets have ignored this massive story. And we discuss what an Otter might be in LGBT circles…

Nick and Toby debate at length whether mainstream journalists are now beyond hope, reason or salvation and can ever be trusted to be objective or truthful with big stories like Twitter. They talk about how incredibly important this debate is on our side of the fence – referring to a piece in the National Review about Toby’s similar discussions with James Delingpole in London Calling and how open dialogue and freedom of expression sets the better tone.

Nick is joined again this week by the Daily Sceptic’s editor, Will Jones, to discuss this week’s featured stories.

And after a brief football match post mortem, Toby and Nick go head to head for the coveted title of ‘Peak Woke’."

Alas when I went in search of 'whipped cream' metaphors I stumbled across this;

https://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wel ... -meanings/

So now it's back to the futile task of Christmas Cards which apparently will arrive at their UK destinations in February. :YMPARTY:

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2504 Post by OFSO » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:53 pm

I believe the original expression is "I wouldn't piss in your mouth if your teeth were on fire.. "

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2505 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:43 am

Quote .......... BLACK REPARATIONS PANEL COULD DECIDE WHO GETS COMPENSATION

The taskforce is looking at when these harms started and finished. Only those Californians who are actually descendants of Black Americans from the 19th century will be eligible.

As for amounts, the Guardian cited one attendee at the taskforce meeting who put the number at $350,000 per person: "Max Fennell, a 35-year-old coffee company owner, said every person should get $350,000 in compensation to close the racial wealth gap and Black-owned businesses should receive $250,000, which would help them to flourish."

Will Meghan qualify ?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2506 Post by OFSO » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:44 am

GB News: " ...but unfortunately for Ngozi, her haste in telling the world has firmly drawn a spotlight onto her charity, Sistah Space and let’s hope for her sake it all above board.

She is currently being investigated by the GLA for funding received, to the tune of about £60,000. I await the findings with bated breath.

You see the trouble with the media is that it has a habit of backfiring on you especially when you try to use it for your own ends as our clearly unhappy paranoid ridden couple H & M have found."

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2507 Post by 1DC » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:59 pm

Remember Mrs Beckham saying they were surprised how easy it was to turn the media on but didn't realise that you could never turn it off again..

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2508 Post by OFSO » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:03 pm

I am not impressed with Clarkson. He should stick to his guns. Loathsome as the suggested punishment was, I think he might have had more support than the medja suggests.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2509 Post by FD2 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:45 pm

Slightly over the top :D but I agree with the gist of it. What else but public humiliation will ever shut this woman up? Her pet ginger 'poodle' is completely under her thumb, so not him.

Does the King think that continuing to ignore the sniping will somehow make it stop?

In an earlier age they would have had a short uncomfortable stay in the Tower of London followed by a brief meeting with a man and his big axe. :ymdevil:

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2510 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:55 am

Christmas Day - evening in New Zealand. Just seen King Charles III first Christmas address to the Nation ( World ? ) Better than I expected, and no mention of you-know-who, thankfully. Perhaps the Monarchy will survive after all. H.M. appears to have moved into the job successfully.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2511 Post by Karearea » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:41 pm

It never ends:
Drama, controversy, reconciliation. Meghan Markle was thrown into the spotlight in 2017 after her whirlwind romance with Prince Harry took centre stage. Their incredible journey has been filled with highs and lows, and now as we enter 2023, her story takes even more unexpected twists and turns. Falling in and out of favour with the press and public alike, Meghan has proven to divide the opinions of royal followers around the world. This is her story.
IMDB - Meghan Markle: Unforgiven (2023)

They shared their story in South Africa in 2019, and at an event in the US, and on Oprah, and James Corden's programme, and the Finding Freedom book, and M's Archetypes series, and Netflix, and the Surplus Spare book to come, and I bet I've missed something, and now this, yap-yap-yap-yap-yap, is there no end to it? John 11:35!

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2512 Post by John Hill » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:57 pm

We seem to have missed the Duchess's Christmas broadcast.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2513 Post by FD2 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:04 pm

Karearea wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:41 pm
It never ends:
They shared their story in South Africa in 2019, and at an event in the US, and on Oprah, and James Corden's programme, and the Finding Freedom book, and M's Archetypes series, and Netflix, and the Surplus Spare book to come, and I bet I've missed something, and now this, yap-yap-yap-yap-yap, is there no end to it? John 11:35!
No end in sight, until there's not another cent to be squeezed out of their 'truth story'. Completely ignoring them in his first Christmas speech was a good start, but I still want to see whatever royal titles it's possible to be removed, well, removed! Really set them free Charles!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2514 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:41 am

It seems that The Princess of Wales invited them to her carol service at Westminster Abbey. They turned it down but offered a recorded message from them to be played at the service. They were told to f off no thank you.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2515 Post by Rwy in Sight » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:23 am

I really like the way The Princess of Wales did manage to dismantle their media weapon.A clear rejection rather than a discussion of what is allowed and what isn't on the recorded message.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2516 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:21 pm

Prince Harry tells Anderson Cooper why he’s not stepping out of the limelight

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/02/entertai ... index.html
Note: This was posted in the "Entertainment" section :-? :))

Prince Harry is continuing to speak out regarding the rift in the British royal family.

He sat down with Anderson Cooper for a “60 Minutes” interview, described by CBS as Prince Harry’s “first U.S. television interview to discuss his upcoming memoir ‘Spare’ and recount his childhood, the loss of his mother and life as the Duke of Sussex living in the UK and now in America.”

In a clip released Monday, Cooper asked Prince Harry about the criticism aimed at him and his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, regarding their decision to step back from their royal duties, but air their grievances about what led to the move publicly.

The second son of King Charles reiterated that he tried to address the matter privately.

“And every singly time I tried to do it privately there have been briefings and leakings and planting of stories against me and my wife,” he said. “You know, the family motto is ‘Never complain, never explain.’ It’s just a motto.”

The couple have made headlines most recently for their Netflix docuseries “Harry & Meghan,” which debuted last month. In it, the couple shared stories of both their courtship and their views on how they have been treated by the media and their respective families.

Prince Harry is also expected to go into greater detail about his life in and out of the Royal Family in an upcoming television interview with British network ITV, in which he has said, “I want a family, not an institution.”

In a preview clip of the interview released Monday, the Duke of Sussex said, “They’ve shown absolutely no willingness to reconcile,” presumably referring to the Royal Family.

“I would like to get my father back. I would like to have my brother back,” he told journalist Tom Bradby in the clip of the interview, which is due to air on ITV1 on Sunday, January 8.

The “60 Minutes” interview with Prince Harry is also set to air on Sunday on CBS.

PP

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2517 Post by FD2 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:32 pm

“You know, the family motto is ‘Never complain, never explain.’ It’s just a motto.” Not the brightest star in the Windsor firmament is our Harry. 8-}

I don't know what this horrible pair's long term intentions are with all this childish bile but it really needs a strong response from the King. Especially if there is more juvenile tittle tattle on its way with 'Meghan's Truth' fictional bookie wookie to follow his next week and further inaccurate Netflix am dram productions.

Dieu et mon droit ('God and my right'). Ring any dim bells inside that thick skull Harry? 8-|

He wants his father and brother back? @-) Not until he is de-hypnotised!

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2518 Post by 4mastacker » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:00 pm

FD2 wrote"

.....He wants his father and brother back?......
Harry might want to take note of some sympathetic advice posted on Arrse today......he can read it without logging in.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2519 Post by FD2 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:17 pm

Thanks 4m.

I laughed when I read that having told everyone how hard it was living with the Royal Family, that the next SAS survival course was going to take place in Buckingham Palace.

The sainted ones could also go and lecture the people of Kiev about their RF experiences as well.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2520 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 am

It seems that the leaks from 'the' book are pretty bad. I don't think that there will be any comment from Buck House. Just ignore the idiots. Just hope that he has had a go at The Queen Consort. That will definitely get them stripped of their titles. However then she can call herself 'Princess Henry (Harry)' But she will not she will call herself Princess Megan. My in house historian says that can be over ruled by Parliament by 'letters patent'.

Edit. security leak the book is on sale in Spain.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.