A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2801 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat May 06, 2023 4:43 pm

PRINCE HARRY CHOOSES BRITISH AIRWAYS FOR CORONATION RETURN FLIGHT

https://liveandletsfly.com/prince-harry ... n-flights/

12:15 PM ET UPDATE: Speculation as to what flights Prince Harry would choose for the historic coronation of his father in London have now been fully answered: he flew American Airlines for the outbound and is now flying British Airways home to Los Angeles.

The Duke of Sussex just departed London Heathrow onboard British Airways flight BA269 at 3:45 PM local time and will touch down in Los Angeles at 7:14 PM, about 20 minutes behind schedule due to strong headwinds, arriving in the Tom Bradley International Terminal.

Paparazzi hoping to catch him in the immigration arrivals hall will likely be disappointed; in past trips, he has been whisked from the aircraft directly into a car waiting for him on the tarmac.

Harry was in London for just over 24 hours and proceeded directly from the coronation service of King Charles III in Westminster Abbey to London Heathrow Airport.

10:00 AM ET UPDATE: Speculation as to what flights Prince Harry would choose for the historic coronation of his father in London have been partially answered: he chose American Airlines for the outbound.

On Thursday May 5, 2023, the Duke of Sussex flew AA136, an American Airlines 777-300ER which was scheduled to depart Los Angeles at 4:15 pm and arrive into London at 10:50 am. The flight actually LAX left at 4:32 pm, arriving at 11:23 am into LHR.

Prince Harry will shortly be returning to Los Angeles, with the bets on either BA269, which departs at 3:45 pm or on AA135, which departs at 5:00 pm. Both flights offer first class (with first class seats still for sale on the 5:00 pm AA flight). I’m guessing he is on British Airways, which will get allow him to get back to California before 7:00 pm, where his son is celebrating his fourth birthday today.

Prince Harry is a man after my own heart. He lives in California and has a beautiful wife and two young children. He travels quite a bit, but seeks to properly balance his professional responsibilities with his family life. That has created a delicate situation when it comes to attending the coronation of his father, King Charles III, in London on Saturday. With time limited, which flights will Prince Harry be taking to London and back for the coronation?

Prince Harry Will Fly To London For Only 24 Hours To Attend Coronation: Which Flights Will He Choose?
On Saturday, the United Kingdom will hold its first coronation ceremony in 70 years when King Charles III and The Queen Consort are enthroned in Westminster Abbey. Royals from the houses of Europe and the Middle East will be in attendance and First Lady Jill Biden will lead the US delegation. Prince Harry, the King’s youngest son, will be in attendance as well, though without his wife Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, or his two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor.

The British press has widely reported that Prince Harry will only be on the ground in London for 24 hours this week. That is because the coronation falls on his son Archie’s fourth birthday. Therefore, the plan is for Harry to fly to London on Thursday, arriving Friday, then leaving Saturday afternoon directly after the ceremony so that he can make it home to Montecito, California in time for an evening birthday celebration for his son.

When I attended the late Queen’s Platinum Jubilee last year, I also skedaddled to Heathrow Airport the moment it was over to take a late afternoon flight to Los Angeles so that I could have dinner with my family. It’s nice to see I am not the only one what wants to have my cake and eat it too (attend important functions, even if they are thousands of miles away, but still be home for dinner).

Harry has chosen American Airlines for his last couple trips (it is not clear why), but looking at his options on Thursday we see 12 nonstop choices, with departure times ranging from 12:45 pm to 11:20 pm:

Google Flights
If was betting, I suspect Harry will take the late 11:20 pm American Airlines flight, which gives him the entire day with his family before jetting over to London. The 6:00 pm arrival also helps him minimize awkward encounters with his increasingly estranged family members. Maybe, though, he will take the 8:55 pm British Airways flight just so he has a back-up in case it goes mechanical. If flying first class, it will be AA136 at 4:15 pm, since that is the only first class option.

After the coronation, which will run from 11:00 am to approximately 12:00 pm local time, Harry has number of realistic choices to get back to California:

Google Flights
I’m betting he probably booked multiple flights, just in case, but it seems to me that the British Airways flight at 3:45pm would position his best to make it home for the tail end of Archie’s birthday party. If he landed on time at 6:55 pm, he could theoretically make it Santa Barbara before 9:00 pm to sing happy birthday.

CONCLUSION
Prince Harry is heading from California to London this week for a whirlwind 24-hour trip. Unless he flies private, which is typically does not do on a flight of this length, you can expect to catch him on one of the flights above.

As an aside, I will not be traveling to London this week. I certainly thought about it, but I was gone last week and so I will be watching from a distance. With Charles approaching 75 years old, I figure I will have another chance to attend a coronation in my lifetime when William takes the throne.

PP

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2802 Post by 4mastacker » Sat May 06, 2023 8:38 pm

.......Paparazzi hoping to catch him in the immigration arrivals hall will likely be disappointed; in past trips, he has been whisked from the aircraft directly into a car waiting for him on the tarmac......
What about the possibility of the US authorities wanting to "have a word" about his self-confessed use of recreational substances? Might end up in the type of car he wasn't expecting.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2803 Post by OFSO » Sat May 06, 2023 9:07 pm

My source in CA says highly unlikely...

Quote" Of course no question. He is a hyper wealthy elite who leans “ progressive.” Only middle class & lower, and political conservatives get stopped for something like that."

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2804 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun May 07, 2023 8:01 am

Amazing, flew with the poor people both ways albeit up front.

That feather is in practically every article about the Coronation. We just looked at bits and the processions. Must say that The Coronation Anthem by Andrew Lloyd Webber is superb. It is on You Tube.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2805 Post by FD2 » Mon May 08, 2023 9:55 pm

Not Mine!.jpg
Not Mine!.jpg (64.74 KiB) Viewed 647 times

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2806 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed May 17, 2023 7:29 am

Meghan Markle borrowed the Queen's mantra last night by hailing 'daily acts of service' as she urged women to 'be the visionary of your own life' while accepting a feminist award at a New York gala
Yet again plagiarising. Where are her 'daily acts of service'? To achieve this in the Royal Family was too much for her. She banged out.

Guess this goes on her award wall along with the award for challenging racism in the Royal family of which there isn't. Also the award for only having two children. =))
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2807 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 17, 2023 10:29 am

He's obviously got loadsa dosh to be capable of hitting the legal circuits and also still afford enough 'Frosties' to feed their compact brood in California?

Now the argument over privately funded security resurfaces for one who bragged about 'removing chess pieces off the board' in Afghanistan.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/p ... r-AA1bgrdo

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2808 Post by llondel » Wed May 17, 2023 3:00 pm

A bunch of reports appearing about paparazzi and a car chase in New York. No tunnels were harmed during this activity.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/prin ... -rcna84865

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2809 Post by Boac » Wed May 17, 2023 3:08 pm

Well, they do say there is no such thing as bad publicity...............

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2810 Post by G-CPTN » Wed May 17, 2023 5:13 pm

Why don't they just allow themselves to be caught and then tell the pappas to 'bugger off'?

There would be no sport if there was no chase.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2811 Post by OFSO » Wed May 17, 2023 6:40 pm

Indeed. A friend's labrador bitch leaves cats in her own household alone. but should a 'foreign' cat run off she gives instant chase.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2812 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 17, 2023 7:09 pm

Reportedly a 2 hour car chase through the Big Apple streets, involving multiple ricochets off other vehicles, allegedly some of which were cop cars.

Is there an offence in NY State of “wasting police time”?

Was Harry driving having snorted a substance out of his Covid face nappy?

…I think we should be told… :-w

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2813 Post by Boac » Wed May 17, 2023 7:55 pm

And again
face nappy
I think we should be told… :-w Do you have an obsession with things Urological - we have seen frequent references in your posts to bedwetting, nappies, diapers, and recently 'Incontinence items' (even mis-spelt)?

A search for 'Nappies' produces 4 whole pages of posts (72), diaper, 11, bedwetting 6.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2814 Post by OneHungLow » Wed May 17, 2023 8:13 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:55 pm
A search for 'Nappies' produces 4 whole pages of posts (72), diaper, 11, bedwetting 6.
Are you a frustrated statistician?

Take it from me, it is a fascinating area, but one that ultimately leads to a dead end in the quest for a real understanding of the uniquely complex nature of the human spirit!

Music, nappies, hippos, aircraft etc. ad infinitum...

Believe me, I know! ;)))
The observer of fools in military south and north...

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2815 Post by Boac » Wed May 17, 2023 8:17 pm

I do/you do (statistically).

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2816 Post by OneHungLow » Wed May 17, 2023 8:21 pm

Boac wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:17 pm
I do/you do (statistically).
;)))

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2817 Post by tango15 » Wed May 17, 2023 9:17 pm

llondel wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:00 pm
A bunch of reports appearing about paparazzi and a car chase in New York. No tunnels were harmed during this activity.

It would seem that those who work out publicity ideas for the pair of them are running short of ideas. This is all so Hollywoodville...

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2818 Post by OneHungLow » Wed May 17, 2023 9:27 pm

tango15 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:17 pm
llondel wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:00 pm

It would seem that those who work out publicity ideas for the pair of them are running short of ideas. This is all so Hollywoodville...
Perhaps a long walk in the Hindu Kush for both of them. A ranch in Paraguay.... the ability to lose oneself is endless...

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2819 Post by FD2 » Thu May 18, 2023 4:47 am

"Hey Haz, I have an idea for a new scam. Let's slip the lead off one of our tame poodles and he can claim that we almost had a Diana moment, being chased through the streets of New York by relentless and ruthless paparazzi for hours on end. It could point out how mean the London Cops are for not giving you a team of personal protection officers and also back up your claims about your mom being hounded to her death by the paps, instead of being killed by a drunk chauffeur. How about it?"

Harry thinks for an hour or two. "Good idea Meggy poos."

Next day Meghan is on the warpath. "Hay Haz, that was a stupid idea of yours. NYPD, the paps and the taxi driver all say 'Nothing to see here'. That's another fine mess you've gotten me into. Strike one!"

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2820 Post by llondel » Thu May 18, 2023 7:50 pm

paparazzi.jpg
paparazzi.jpg (36.43 KiB) Viewed 391 times