The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#821 Post by AtomKraft » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:11 am

That made me cringe.
It's like Meghans got her hand up the back of his neck, working his mouth.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#822 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:46 am

What a pair of utter caravan using nomadic travellors! Said it before, I've long since lost any respect for it and the ginger one - in fact, I suspected the long-haired one was a gold-digging, manipulative tart right from the beginning . When (not 'if') their miserable lives disintegrate, there'll be no sympathy from this call-sign. HMtQ (gawd bless 'er) must be spitting feathers at the crass behaviour of the pair of them.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Capetonian

#823 Post by Capetonian » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:52 am

I didn't look at the piece as I know it would make me vomit.

"I suspected the long-haired one was a gold-digging, manipulative tart right from the beginning" Me too, and said so openly whereupon I was castigated for being 'racist'. The fact that she's mixed race is totally irrelevant, in fact the only person in the whole affair who behaved with any grace and decorum on her side was her (black) mother. Her father is, and looks like, trailer trash.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#824 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:02 am

Would love to hear some of the comments about this farce from HRH PP. They will not be very PC.

Anyway their favorite (sic) lodge down river from us got water in the river for the first time in two years three days ago. And, no, we do not want them back to see it.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#825 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Capetonian wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:52 am
I didn't look at the piece as I know it would make me vomit.

"I suspected the long-haired one was a gold-digging, manipulative tart right from the beginning" Me too, and said so openly whereupon I was castigated for being 'racist'. The fact that she's mixed race is totally irrelevant, in fact the only person in the whole affair who behaved with any grace and decorum on her side was her (black) mother. Her father is, and looks like, trailer trash.
I didn't realise she was mixed race when I saw her in Suits. Only when the media commented was I made aware. Very much don't ask don't tell. But like the other crowd - who cares who dares?

Who thinks of Trevor Philips or Trevor MacDonald as black? Or Reggae Omar even.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#826 Post by probes » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:40 am

That was funny - even though I have to admit now I take a look at the sun now and then.
About the ecoest couple on Earth:

Mr Baker insisted: “The only thing green about Prince Harry are his wellies.
"The self-appointed eco-warrior, who likes to lecture everybody else on climate change, is in the top one per cent of people on the planet for carbon emissions.
"He should cut the carbon and, if not, at least cut the crap.”

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#827 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:16 am

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#828 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:30 am

For a couple who wanted to withdraw from public life and avoid publicity, they're just showing themselves to be a pair of *.

*select bodily orifice of choice.

Any truth in the rumour that the long-haired one walked around with a mattress strapped to her back just in case she met someone she liked/had money/could manipulate?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#829 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:14 am

With the intellect of the average American (Clever Horse apart, of course), I reckon she stands a good chance.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#830 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:47 pm

Heard a rumour that uncle Andy was a go between.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#831 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:34 am

Currently taking legal action because someone is using a drone to take photographs of their baby son Archie.

It seems that there is no end to this stupidity.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#832 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:09 am

G CPTN, I bet they are trying to get DNA evidence too.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#833 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:05 am

Here's a scorcher from the Sun:

"PRINCE HARRY IS 'LESS INTELLIGENT THAN MEGHAN', CLAIMS LADY COLIN CAMPBELL

Outspoken royal author Lady Colin Campbell has claimed Prince Harry is a “much less intelligent character” than Meghan and “goes along with whatever she says.”

The Jamaican-born British writer, 70, said to new! magazine: “In my opinion, Harry is a much less intelligent character than Meghan is.

“And I think he's so desperate to please her and go along with whatever she says, no matter how ill-conceived it is. He is that besotted with her.”

This 'troubled-gender' person has indeed had a difficult life, but wishes to be regarded as a female. I do not expect she figures on the Buck House Christmas card list :))

The question is, do I order a copy of the couple's new book?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#834 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:13 am

Boac wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:05 am
"PRINCE HARRY IS 'LESS INTELLIGENT THAN MEGHAN', CLAIMS LADY COLIN CAMPBELL

Outspoken royal author Lady Colin Campbell has claimed Prince Harry is a “much less intelligent character” than Meghan and “goes along with whatever she says.”

“And I think he's so desperate to please her and go along with whatever she says, no matter how ill-conceived it is. He is that besotted with her.”
Qnt-struck.

Seems obvious.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#835 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:16 am

So do a lot of things, G-CPTN, but they do not always get said.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#836 Post by llondel » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:50 pm

I might be on a one-way trip to the Tower, but I'd say in terms of intelligence, the Royal Family is pretty average, so it wouldn't be at all hard for her to be brighter.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#837 Post by Undried Plum » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:09 am
I bet they are trying to get DNA evidence too.
I doubt very much that the ginge one would want his DNA data to be made very public.

Neither would his youthful-enthusiastic uncle, Andrew.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#838 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:39 am

They should use that drone to collect a few of his ginger pubes.

Analysing the DNA from those ought to generate a chuckle or two- much needed these days.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#839 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:44 am

Oh well, chunks of the book have been made public. Could have written it myself without any research.

I would not say that The Royal Family are all unintelligent. Also most are very hard working and spend a lot of time preparing for visits. They memorise names, company functions and people's roles. OK they have advisors who are pretty bright whom they listen to apart from Nutmeg and Ginge of course. That has got them unstuck. He listens to her and she listens to no one. You cannot knock the establishment and try to modernise The Royal Family. There are rules and protocol to be followed. There are some things which are very complicated which Nutmeg refused to learn. Greeting another member of the family for example. It is not just seniority it also depends who you are with. I have seen them at it on the aircraft and still do not understand it . Once had 12 of them aboard, don't know how the hell they each knew who to bow and scrape to. Wasn't difficult for me.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#840 Post by tango15 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:48 pm

I would heartily concur with that view, Ex-A. Having done a number of trips with The Queen's Flight (as it was then known), I quickly became aware of the protocols involved and moreover, the reasons why. Many may see it as archaic, rather like having polished shoes these days, but there are good reasons for it and it is for these reasons that the Royal Family is so revered around the world. One aspect of their lives, which I suspect few of us are aware of, is just how far in advance their visits are booked and how, with few exceptions, they have little or no control over them. In other words, they are told when and what to do by a committee and their lives, to a considerable degree, are not their own. I suspect that this is one of the main reasons why Nutmeg kicked the whole thing into touch.