Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#1123 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:10 am

But this is more valuable 😊

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1124 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:27 pm

An American has reprocessed that Christmas card and believes that the image is that of Prince George.

Mrs PN had previously noted that what he was wearing was what Prince Louis had worn and suggested Single White Female.

It was observed that he looks rather well developed for a 19 month old. How did he chose the Christmas decorations?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1125 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:35 pm

Whatever, it is a Mickey Mouse production.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1126 Post by FD2 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:59 pm

From The Daily Telegraph (in full for those up against the pay wall):

Duke of Sussex pursues legal action against Mail on Sunday over Royal Marines claim despite apology

The newspaper apologised for claim the Duke failed to maintain contact with the Royal Marines but a court hearing will take place in January
By Victoria Ward 27 December 2020 • 11:52am

The Duke of Sussex is pursuing legal action against the Mail on Sunday despite receiving a written apology over a claim he failed to maintain contact with the Royal Marines when he stepped back from royal duties.

The lawsuit, lodged with the High Court in November, was the sixth to be filed by either the Duke or the Duchess of Sussex in little more than a year.

The newspaper published an apology in print and online today, revealing that it had made a donation to the Duke's Invictus Games Foundation.

However, the Telegraph understands that the correction does not mark the end of the case and a court hearing is due to take place early in the New Year.

The Duke was forced to give up his military honours, including the role of Captain General of Royal Marines, when he left the UK in March.

The Mail on Sunday said: “An article on 25 October 2020 reported that Prince Harry had been accused by a top general of turning his back on the Royal Marines since withdrawing from his military roles in March and that, in an apparent snub to the Armed Forces, he had failed to reply to a letter from Lord Dannatt, a former Chief of the General Staff.

“We now understand that Harry has been in contact in a private capacity with individuals in the military including in the Royal Marines to offer informal support since March and that whilst he did not initially receive the letter from Lord Dannatt referred to in the article due to administrative issues he has since replied on becoming aware of it. We apologise to Prince Harry and have made a donation to the Invictus Games Foundation.”

The Duchess of Sussex is also suing Associated for breach of privacy and copyright after The Mail on Sunday published extracts of a letter she sent to Thomas Markle, her father.

The trial had been scheduled for January but the Duchess successfully applied for an adjournment on confidential grounds and it will now be heard next autumn.

However, an application for a summary judgment, which would see the case resolved by the judge without a full trial, will be heard next month.

The Duke is also suing The Sun and Daily Mirror for alleged phone hacking, claiming his voicemails had been illegally intercepted.

In July, it emerged that the couple were suing paparazzi for invasion of privacy after drones were allegedly used to take pictures of their son, Archie, at the house where they were staying in Los Angeles.

The Duchess has settled a claim against Splash News, the picture agency, over claims her privacy was breached when she was "papped" on a walk with Archie, then eight months, and her dogs on Vancouver Island, Canada, in January.

Splash has agreed not to take any photos of the family should it come out of administration, the High Court heard earlier this month.

The Duke and Duchess are hoping to spend more time in the UK next year, but plans to attend events to mark the Duke of Edinburgh’s 100th birthday celebrations and the unveiling of a statue of Diana, Princess of Wales, on July 1, which would have been her 60th birthday, are dependent on coronavirus restrictions.

A source close to the couple dismissed claims that the couple were planning to return to the UK in the New Year to broker an extension to deal with Buckingham Palace over their new working lives away from the Royal Family. A 12-month review period expires on March 31.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1127 Post by FD2 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:02 pm

In that Christmas card, I notice an amazing similarity between Archie and his young cousins. Great head of ginger hair too, for such a youngster.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1128 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:04 pm

Duke of Sussex pursues legal action against Mail on Sunday over Royal Marines claim despite apology.
How sad - never mind . . .

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1129 Post by OFSO » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:08 pm

Who cares?!

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1130 Post by FD2 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:27 pm

I don't care for them. I care about what this gruesome twosome :ymsick: have done to the Queen in her final years.

I'm not exactly a supporter of the Royal Family, but the thought of having someone like Tony Bliar :o) as President frightens me! Especially after the example of the last four years in the States. :-o

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1131 Post by tango15 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:36 pm

FD2 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:27 pm
I don't care for them. I care about what this gruesome twosome :ymsick: have done to the Queen in her final years.

I'm not exactly a supporter of the Royal Family, but the thought of having someone like Tony Bliar :o) as President frightens me! Especially after the example of the last four years in the States. :-o
+1 If ever there was evidence for not moving to a republic, this was it!

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1132 Post by 4mastacker » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:43 pm

That card looks like it came out of a 'Paint by Numbers' kit.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1133 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:08 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:43 pm
That card looks like it came out of a 'Paint by Numbers' kit.
Precisely!

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1134 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:59 pm

FD2 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:27 pm

Slasher for President. I am setting up a Change.Org petition as I type...

Most of the abovementioned people, are, at best, tits (as opposed to names I will not type on this family forum)! The worst thing you can say about Slash, is that he loves tits...

It is only up from there methinks...

SLASH FOR BRITISH PRESIDENT...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1135 Post by llondel » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:24 am

It would make a change to not have the actual tits running the show.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1136 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:03 am

llondel wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:24 am
It would make a change to not have the actual tits running the show.
Amen Sir...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1137 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:27 am

So let's make the breast of it.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1138 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:48 am

Not that he was exactly a likely candidate, but PH has shown himself as to be suitable for the top job - not!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1139 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:13 am

Now they want an extension of 12 months to consider their status. I hope HMQ says F.O. I am sure she will not say that but I hope that HMQ, HRH PC and HRH PW will not accept it. Especially given their contract with Netfix and playing on their Royal status. I am sure that many Americans think that she is going to be HMQ one day.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1140 Post by OFSO » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:20 am

Many Americans think that Tony Blair is still PM (and that Trump won the election, come to that...)