The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot
Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2961 Post by probes » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:48 am

Yeah, I happened to read that as well... just wish someone had a chrystal ball to tell what their poor kids say when they are old enough not to be 'silent'. - On second thoughts, they might have got the character traits from their parents?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2962 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:56 am

This has to be a joke or was it bought.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... emony.html
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2963 Post by probes » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:42 am

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2964 Post by John Hill » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:43 am

I would not have thought him American enough to be selected.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2965 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:13 am

I think that their marketing agency bought this. He did just 4 months in Afghanistan and never progressed past weapons operator.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2966 Post by probes » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:10 pm

Well, but isn't it embarrassing like the 'brave fighters of institutional racism in the royal family' award, with PH later claiming there was none? Racism, I mean. Or is the idea that rumours will die, awards are history?

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#2967 Post by limeygal » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:39 pm

Suspect bought. Kiddie Hawk Air Academy, who arrange these "awards" is a charity that encourages kids to become interested in aviation. Either a big wedge or the promise of one may have influenced this. He was a helo pilot in Afganistan-so what? Many others did the same thing and, were I am sure, more heroic than Ginge. Where are their awards? If he thought about it, at all, he would see it as a kick in the teeth to the men and women who serve and do their duty without fanfare and accolades. But that is expecting too much from him. Probably a reaction to not being included in the Sandhurst list. Is there no end to their self-promoting, delusional, narcissistic, whiny, money grubbing efforts? Honestly, I am starting to really pity them. It's all so pathetic.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2968 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:52 pm

Prince Harry was a gunner not a pilot.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -fury.html

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2969 Post by probes » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:05 am

limeygal wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:39 pm
He was a helo pilot in Afganistan-so what? Many others did the same thing and, were I am sure, more heroic than Ginge. Where are their awards? If he thought about it, at all, he would see it as a kick in the teeth to the men and women who serve and do their duty without fanfare and accolades. But that is expecting too much from him. Probably a reaction to not being included in the Sandhurst list. Is there no end to their self-promoting, delusional, narcissistic, whiny, money grubbing efforts? Honestly, I am starting to really pity them. It's all so pathetic.
plus, not even a pilot. It's more than pathetic - one can't but wonder what are they thinking?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2970 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:18 am

It is said that Nutmeg wants to get on stage and present him with the award. A Ginge and Nutmeg show.

Pathetic.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2971 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:36 pm

Prince Harry gets ‘substantial’ payout in phone-hacking case against UK tabloid, lawyer says

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/uk/princ ... index.html

Prince Harry will receive a “substantial” payout after settling the remaining parts of his phone-hacking case against the publisher Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN), his lawyer told the High Court in London Friday, according to the UK’s PA Media news agency.

Lawyer David Sherborne told the court that MGN, which publishes British tabloid The Daily Mirror, will pay the Duke of Sussex “a substantial additional sum by way of damages” as well as his legal costs, PA Media reported.

In December, the judge ruled that Prince Harry was the victim of phone hacking and other means of “unlawful information gathering” by MGN. The judge awarded Harry £140,600 ($177,000) in damages in the ruling.
- Prince Harry and pop superstar Elton John appeared at a London court Monday, delivering a high-profile jolt to a privacy claim launched by celebrities and other figures against a newspaper publisher. The publisher of the Daily Mail, Associated Newspapers (ANL), is trying to end the high court claims brought over alleged unlawful activity at its titles.

“Everything we said was happening at Mirror Group was in fact happening, and indeed far worse, as the court ruled in its extremely damaging judgment,” Prince Harry said in a statement read by his lawyer outside court Friday.

“As the judge has said this morning, we have uncovered and proved the shockingly dishonest way the Mirror Group acted for many years and then sought to conceal the truth,” he said.

Prince Harry initially submitted 33 articles for consideration, with the judge finding that 15 stories published by MGN were based on unlawful information gathering such as phone hacking and the use of private investigators.

A further 115 articles were part of his claim, which could have been the subject of a further trial, but Prince Harry’s lawyer told the High Court on Friday that a settlement had been reached between the Duke of Sussex and MGN, according to the PA report.

The Duke of Sussex had sued the British newspaper group, which also publishes The Sunday Mirror and Sunday People, alongside three other claimants, alleging that its journalists illegally intercepted his voicemails and used other illicit means over a roughly 15-year period.

He gave evidence in court as part of the case, a virtually unprecedented move for a senior British royal.

On Friday, he took aim at Piers Morgan, the former editor of the Mirror who, Harry said, “knew perfectly well what was going on, as the judge held.”

“Even his own employer realized it simply could not call him as a witness of truth. His contempt for the court’s ruling and his continued attacks ever since demonstrate why it was so important to obtain a clear and detailed judgment,” Harry added.

“As I said back in December, our mission continues. I believe in the positive change it will bring for all of us. It is the very reason why I started this, and why I will continue to see it through to the end.”

CNN has reached out to Morgan for comment.

Morgan, who served as editor of the Daily Mirror from 1995 to 2004, has previously denied any knowledge of or involvement in illegal activity, such as phone hacking.

Following the UK High Court’s December ruling that Harry was the subject of “extensive” phone hacking, Morgan said: “I’ve never hacked a phone or told anybody else to hack a phone and nobody has produced any actual evidence to prove that I did. I wasn’t called as a witness … by either side in the case, nor was I asked to provide any statement. I would have very happily agreed to do either or both of those things had I been asked.”

Harry has railed against the tactics of the British media since splitting from the royal family in 2020, and made his case against MGN a centerpiece of his efforts to force tougher regulations on the press.

The prince made a brief visit to the UK earlier this week after his father, King Charles, revealed he had been diagnosed with cancer.

Harry then appeared at the NFL Honors award ceremony in Las Vegas on Thursday, presenting the Man of the Year award.

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2972 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:39 pm

Harry Embraces American Football

Prince Harry makes surprise appearance at NFL Honors ceremony in Las Vegas, leaving players starstruck

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/sport/pr ... index.html

Prince Harry left players starstruck after making a surprise appearance at the NFL Honors ceremony in Las Vegas on Thursday.

To the shock of many, the Duke of Sussex was introduced onto the stage to announce the winner of the NFL’s Man of the Year award.

Before he announced the award’s recipient, Harry took the time to take some humorous jabs at the differences between American and British sports.

“I really love how you stole rugby from us and you made it your own,” he said with a smile. “Instead of passing it backwards, just pass it forwards. Why not wear pads and a helmet? Of course, have an offense and defense – that makes sense. And why not take a breather every 15 seconds?

“And you know what? Instead of a 10-month season, let’s just make it 18 weeks. Genius!”

However, he was keen to stress the importance of the award he was handing out. “All kidding aside, what you guys do on and off the field is truly remarkable. You are role models for millions in the way you carry yourselves and the way you give back.

“This final award, the highest honor, is all about serving your community, and there is one special man we’d like to pay tribute to now.”

The eventual winner of the Man of the Year Award was Pittsburgh Steelers defensive tackle Cameron Heyward, and the 34-year-old couldn’t quite believe who he was sharing a stage with.

“Oh man,” Heyward said on stage. “Man. Prince freaking Harry. Man, I’m in shock. That’s Prince Harry!”

The Man of the Year Award goes to the NFL player who excels on the field and also demonstrates a passion for creating a lasting positive impact beyond the game in the community. The award was established in 1970.

“I continue to keep doing the work, as I will. This award is great, and I appreciate it, but I understand I’ve got more work to do,” Heyward said. “I’ve got to make sure I represent this man every day going forward.

“And so I ask you guys, my brothers, keep doing the work, keep being the positive role models you are. I know it’s not always pretty, I know a lot of people like to talk about the other stuff, but you guys are the change, you guys are making a difference, and I’m just thankful for that.”

Each of the 32 nominees are awarded a $40,000 donation for the charity of their choice, with Heyward receiving a $250,000 donation as the winner of the Man of the Year award.

“Cameron Heyward’s character and contributions to his community are recognized by his teammates, the community, and greater NFL family,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a Thursday night press release.

“As a Pittsburgh native and a Steeler, he has made a unique contribution to his hometown through his dedication to literacy, mentorship and social justice. His leadership through initiatives such as The Heyward House Foundation, Suiting Up for Success and the Voices of Hope Scholarship have provided those in need crucial support in a time of need. We are extremely proud to name Cameron Heyward as our 2023 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year.”

Harry’s appearance in Las Vegas was made even more surprising given he had been pictured returning to the UK just a day prior to see his father, according to media reports, after the shock announcement on Monday from Buckingham Palace that King Charles III has cancer.

PP

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2973 Post by llondel » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:27 pm

Can't fault his comparison with rugby. Real rugby players bring their own padding.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2974 Post by 1DC » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:17 pm

Heard some woman on American TV saying Harry had to get back to California because he had to accompany Megan to an engagement in Canada next week. Has the gig suddenly become Megans?

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2975 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:47 pm

SWMBO ?

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2976 Post by Pinky the pilot » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:11 am

As far as I'm concerned, I no longer think of Harry as a Prince. He has renounced all Royal duties, spilled dirt on his Family and therefore should be formally stripped of all his titles!

As for Meghan; She's not a Duchess' (expletive deleted) ~X(

Rant over!
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2977 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:44 am

It is suggested that the very short audience with HMK was because he had to get back for the award ceremony. At which, he failed to make any reference to HMK and the Princess of Wales. Unlike the PoW who referred to their health at the air ambulance bash.

Bozo.'

It appears that Nutmeg wasn't on the big Vogue photo shoot because she would only go if she was centre front.

probes
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2978 Post by probes » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:04 am

:D centre front :D

It's so sad and ... dunno. Does he, formerly known as Prince, really think he'll have the 'happily ever after' with his beloved wife? Also, what will their kids say when they're old enough to say something?

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#2979 Post by limeygal » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:41 am

It is suggested that the very short audience with HMK was because he had to get back for the award ceremony.
I suspect the meeting was short because it didn't go well. Ginge probably didn't get the appropriate welcome or what he thought was "owed" to him. He probably left in a huff. Oh well, maybe enough for another book L-)

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2980 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:50 pm

They are supposed to be at the Super Bowl tomorrow. ~X(
Since this is just about the most wagered on sporting event and you can bet on just about anything remotely related to the game, I wonder what the ratio of mentions/showings of Taylor Swift vs. TDFKAP (The Dook formerly known as Prince) will be. :-?
50-1. Any takers? =))

PP