The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#901 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:39 am

This is a very good and IMHO a pretty accurate write up by Jan Moir. I like the last one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -folk.html
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#902 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:57 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... d-sum.html

What on earth does this mean:
'Our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope. As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us.'
that is Nutmeg speak not Ginge

Nutmeg say that she is not gong back to acting, Not what she said before. So we have given up on that then now we have our Prince and not going back to soap operas. Can't wait for the new Spitting Image series.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#903 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:38 pm

She obviously has a wank word box

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#904 Post by Rossian » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:50 am

Why are we wasting bandwidth and mental effort on them? Who, anywhere, gives a **** one way or the other about them? Is there a way to delete a complete thread?

The Ancient Mariner

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#905 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:02 pm

Rossian wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:50 am
Is there a way to delete a complete thread?
Ex-A could delete his first p*st.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#906 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:35 pm

G CPTN, works in TOP, don't know if it works here.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#907 Post by Rossian » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Ta, captain, as I've never deleted a thread before, I'd forgotten that option.
So, Ex-A, do the world a favour and help us forget about these nonentities - you know it makes sense.

The Ancient Mariner

ribrash

#908 Post by ribrash » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:08 pm

Rossian wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:36 pm
Ta, captain, as I've never deleted a thread before, I'd forgotten that option.
So, Ex-A, do the world a favour and help us forget about these nonentities - you know it makes sense.

The Ancient Mariner
+10

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#909 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:12 pm

As Mrs Ex-A reads THAT paper by deleting the thread you are denying her the means to yarn* with us.

*chose any appropriate word.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#910 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:17 pm

The simplest way to cause a thread to die is just to ignore it and don't provide comments and it will sink to the bottom and disappear.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#911 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:45 pm

Just had a quick look in here. Excuse me but have I got this wrong. Isn't this the 'Politics & Controversial Topics' area? 14,851 views and 911 posts. Does that sound like no interest? Like many here I have taken the Queen's Shilling and also served for three years on The Royal Household. No one is more loyal to HMQ and the Royal Family. Prince Harry has seriously disturbed senior Royals with his actions. His departure is unprecedented since the abdication of HM King Edward VIII. In my view it is worthy of discussion and the farce followed along the lines of; 'His men will follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity'.

I do not read many threads in this area because I find them boring and annoying. If, good friends, you see this subject in the same vein, just don't read it please.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#912 Post by Boac » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Well, ex-A, having (possibly) taken the 'Queen's Shilling' as long or longer than you, yes, I was annoyed, but now I feel I can let it go. Not QUITE along the lines of Rossian, but...............They are really no more.

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#913 Post by om15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm

I don't think that it is the happy couple per se that is of interest, it is what is going to happen in 5 (or hopefully longer) years or so when the Queen hands in her 1250. I, like most of the population, have great respect and affection for the Queen, however, once circumstances have changed, as they will, this feeling will not rollover to the next in line.

We have watched Diane, Andrew, Charles, Harry and Fergie with increasing unenthusiasm, none of them are fit to hold a candle to the Queen, and public opinion, other than chat show audiences, won't support the monarchy in the future, so the antics of the happy couple are pretty relevant because they are forming what may well be a constitutional crises in due course.

ribrash

#914 Post by ribrash » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm

om15 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm
I don't think that it is the happy couple per se that is of interest, it is what is going to happen in 5 (or hopefully longer) years or so when the Queen hands in her 1250. I, like most of the population, have great respect and affection for the Queen, however, once circumstances have changed, as they will, this feeling will not rollover to the next in line.

We have watched Diane, Andrew, Charles, Harry and Fergie with increasing unenthusiasm, none of them are fit to hold a candle to the Queen, and public opinion, other than chat show audiences, won't support the monarchy in the future, so the antics of the happy couple are pretty relevant because they are forming what may well be a constitutional crises in due course.
Please count me out of " most of the population ".

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#915 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:04 pm

Be aware that the following statement doesn't signify my personal belief and support for the content:-

There are people who avidly follow 'the Royals' much as some follow the happenings of the Kardashians.

Indeed there is a website called Royally Obsessed.

Such people, I believe, subscribe to the likes of 'Hello' magazine to get their fixes.

What we have here on Ops-Normal is a group of better-minded people who are not obsessed with the wayward couple other than to marvel at their unwise moves.
I mean, why would anyone seek anonymity in a city that has one of the highest concentrations of paparazzi?
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Californian home is close to probably the densest concentration of paparazzi photographers and celebrity journalists on the planet.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#916 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:12 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:04 pm

There are people who avidly follow 'the Royals' much as some follow of the Kardashians.
More enjoyment in following the latter if you follow my meaning, 😜

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#917 Post by Boac » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:21 pm

om wrote:because they are forming what may well be a constitutional crises in due course.
Did you deliberately omit William?

Do you consider H&M to be in the line of succession?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#918 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Remember George, Margaret, Anne and Harry were all spares.

George grove pushed to the front, Margaret got pushed back by Charlie, then Anne then Andrew. Anne in turn by Andrew, Beatrice, Eugenie, Edward etc.
Harry sat at number 3 (spare) until W&K started a product line.

Although the other spares eventually joined the firm Harry's wife never bought in to the rules. Now many of us are just waiting until she trips up.

They just repaid £2.4m for upgrading their cottage (turning 5 apartments into one) then they landed a $150m contract with Netflix. Now I am sure that is not in the bank but is only a promise on production of the goods.

For that money they have sold their souls, Netflix will tell them what they want. Worthy feminist BLM themed programmes might look good on paper but if we don't want to watch Netflix will soon pull it.

We don't want to pay Zoe Ball £1m well Mrs PN wants me to be cancel our Netflix sub as she certainly doesn't want to Sub $150m

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#919 Post by barkingmad » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:03 pm

I humbly confess I am not a subscriber to Netflix. Does that classify me as weird and/or dysfunctional?

Answers on a toenail clipping to The Big House at the end of The Mall, London, W something or other...

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#920 Post by om15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:12 pm

Do you consider H&M to be in the line of succession?
No, that is why I didn't say so.
The fact is that many people in this country don't see the Royal Family in quite the same way as others, and a major rift between the Queen and her grandson and his wife will divide opinions. This may possibly result in a feeling of antipathy towards the Queen, where in fact the Royal Family may need some unity in the near future.