FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2781 Post by FD2 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:21 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/ ... g-charles/

:ymdevil:

Meghan’s hypocrisy is now beyond parody

The Duchess of Sussex has ordered the media to ‘stop the exhausting circus’. Pot, meet kettle

Michael Deacon
Columnist
25 April 2023 • 7:00am
Michael Deacon

I for one have never doubted that the Duchess of Sussex has perfectly good reasons for not attending the Coronation. After all, she and her husband have two children. And every parent knows how hard it can be to find a reliable babysitter. This is why my wife and I always use my father-in-law. Unfortunately for the Duchess, her father-in-law is the King, and it seems that on this particular occasion he is unavailable.

I’m sure she would have loved to come otherwise. Doubtless she will be watching the ceremony live on TV like the rest of us, wishing with all her heart that she could have been there. By a cruel twist of fate, however, it happens to fall on the exact same day as Prince Archie’s fourth birthday, and the children must come first.

Still, I hope she’ll look on the bright side. By the time of the next Coronation, her children will presumably be adults. Which means she’ll be free to come and enjoy William and Kate’s big day.

A heartening thought. For now, though, it must be deeply frustrating for her to find some people daring to question her absence. Which is why she’s acted so swiftly to dismiss speculation that it has anything to do with a letter she wrote to her father-in-law in 2021, expressing her concerns about unconscious bias in the Royal family. The letter is believed to have been written shortly after her interview with Oprah Winfrey, in which the Duchess alleged that an unnamed member of the Royal family had asked about the colour of her unborn son’s skin.

Barely had news of this letter been published than her press secretary fired off the following statement.

“The Duchess of Sussex is going about her life in the present, not thinking about correspondence from two years ago related to conversations from four years ago,” it declared, coldly. “Any suggestion otherwise is false and frankly ridiculous. We encourage tabloid media and various royal correspondents to stop the exhausting circus that they alone are creating.”

Quite right, too. Because, if there’s one thing the Duchess can’t stand, it’s people who spend all their time obsessively raking over the past. Nothing appals her more than those who endlessly harp on, purely for their own financial gain, about what may or may not have happened in the Royal family several years ago. Why do these people insist on flogging a dead horse in this sensationalist, attention-seeking way?

It must be very upsetting for her. I only hope she will let us know the full story, during the Sussexes’ next series for Netflix. Or perhaps her husband could reveal all in his next book.

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2782 Post by Karearea » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:41 pm

...appearances at big public events. Just before the spotlight kiss thingy ...
While his brother was attending a dawn memorial service for Anzac Day.
The Commonwealth means so much to H & M, they said. 8-|
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2783 Post by Ex-Ascot » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:05 pm

Nutmeg disappears for some weeks and comes back looking completely different. Plastic surgery? They say she wants to look more like the Princess of Wales. Bit difficult really. Have to get rid of the big bum first.

I was sure those boobs were not natural right from the beginning.

Let us face it (sorry) but going out for a facelift over there is as common as going out for a pizza.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2784 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:44 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:05 pm
Let us face it (sorry) but going out for a facelift over there is as common as going out for a pizza.
Can you tell the difference?

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2785 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:22 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:05 pm
Nutmeg disappears for some weeks and comes back looking completely different. Plastic surgery? They say she wants to look more like the Princess of Wales. Bit difficult really. Have to get rid of the big bum first.

I was sure those boobs were not natural right from the beginning.
Do you have inside information?

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2786 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:47 pm

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex signs with WME for representation

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/28/entertai ... index.html

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex has signed a representation deal with global entertainment agency WME, the agency confirmed Friday.

“(WME) will be focusing on building out her business ventures across multiple facets of the agency and its broader ecosystem, including film and television production, brand partnerships and more,” the agency shared on social media, adding that it was “honored” to represent her “in all areas.”

News of the agreement was first reported in an exclusive by Variety on Thursday. The outlet also reported that Meghan’s team at WME will include Dwayne Johnson’s representative, Brad Slater; Serena Williams’ agent, Jill Smoller; and Ari Emanuel, CEO of Endeavor, WME’s global entertainment and sports unit.

WME will also represent Prince Harry and Meghan’s company Archewell, Variety reported.

Through Archewell Productions – which falls under the umbrella of Archewell – the Sussexes have a multi-year production deal with streaming giant Netflix. In December 2022, they released two docuseries: “Harry & Meghan,” a six-parter offering their perspective on their life in the British royal family; and “Live to Lead,” which interviewed leaders in their fields.

Archewell Audio similarly has a partnership with Spotify, and has released “Archetypes,” an original podcast series, on the platform.

Megan and Archwell, but not Harry. :-?

PP

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2787 Post by Ex-Ascot » Wed May 03, 2023 7:30 am

Ginge has now said that if his travel plans to the Coronation are leaked he will not go. He is looking for an excuse. They will probably leak them. Please will someone here find the plans out and phone the press. Don't know if anyone here has seen interviews with Lady 'C' (Lady Colin Campbell) she is an absolute card. She says that she will give his plans now. He is travelling on Nutmeg's broomstick. =))
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2788 Post by 4mastacker » Wed May 03, 2023 12:40 pm

Thanks to the Prince and Princess of Wales we get to see delightful photographs of their daughter on her birthday.

What a bonny wee lass Charlotte is. She's obviously inherited the good looks gene from her mum
It's always my fault - SWMBO

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2789 Post by barkingmad » Wed May 03, 2023 3:40 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:40 pm
Thanks to the Prince and Princess of Wales we get to see delightful photographs of their daughter on her birthday.

What a bonny wee lass Charlotte is. She's obviously inherited the good looks gene from her mum
And hopefully there will be no ghastly scurrilous rumours about the bonny wee lass’s paternity?

There’s been far too much of that sort of thing in connection with Ginge! @-)

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2790 Post by Pinky the pilot » Thu May 04, 2023 10:39 am

Ginge has now said that if his travel plans to the Coronation are leaked he will not go.
I wonder why this has not cued a mad scramble to leak!! :-\

Bloody well should have!! [-X
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2791 Post by OFSO » Fri May 05, 2023 7:05 am

Has the Ginger Whinger arrived in the UK? Anyone know?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2792 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri May 05, 2023 7:37 am

OFSO wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:05 am
I suspect that he will fly in overnight exec jet and depart on the same aircraft in the afternoon.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2793 Post by Boac » Fri May 05, 2023 7:58 am

Does anyone actually care? Really?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2794 Post by barkingmad » Fri May 05, 2023 8:22 am

Is it possible thst the bad attitude ‘twixt our wayward prince and KC3is due to paternity doubt issues?

As the UK Sunday papers used to declare “I think we should be told”.

Drifting slightly I notice the remarkable resemblance between Dowden, our Deppity Prime Minister and the actor who portrays Ginge in that scurrilous Channel 4 series ‘The Windsors.

Are they by any chance related? 🤔

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2795 Post by Pinky the pilot » Fri May 05, 2023 10:19 am

fly in overnight exec jet and depart on the same aircraft in the afternoon.
Oh Dear!! Greta T is not going to be happy with that!! [-X
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2796 Post by Rwy in Sight » Fri May 05, 2023 10:57 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:37 am
OFSO wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:05 am
I suspect that he will fly in overnight exec jet and depart on the same aircraft in the afternoon.
I thought he (and his SO) care for the environment. So using an exec jet goes against his words.

Pinky, I think he has a special dispensation for people she likes.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2797 Post by OFSO » Fri May 05, 2023 12:56 pm

"Prince Harry may've reached the UK as a private jet from California has landed close to Windsor Castle." (News International). How close would that be? BZZ?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2798 Post by Boac » Fri May 05, 2023 1:25 pm

Farnborough would be my bet.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2799 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sat May 06, 2023 3:43 pm

Prince Harry Reportedly Flies To Coronation On American Airlines Boeing 777
The prince's arrival comes just in time for the coronation of King Charles III.

https://simpleflying.com/prince-harry-c ... oeing-777/

Prince Harry reportedly arrived in the United Kingdom on a scheduled commercial American Airlines Boeing 777 flight, leaving the passengers astonished, according to a report by the Mail Online. Prince Harry's arrival comes just in time for the coronation of King Charles III.

American Airlines AA136 flight
The Duke of Sussex reportedly flew from Los Angeles Airport (LAX) in the US to London Heathrow Airport (LHR) on the American Airlines AA136 flight. According to Flightradar24.com data, the aircraft used for the flight was a 10.6-year Boeing 777-300ER bearing the registration N717AN.

Flight tracking data reveals that the AA136 flight departed at 4:15 PM local time in Los Angeles and arrived at London Heathrow at 10:50 AM local time in the UK, indicating a travel time of over 10 hours.

Following the conclusion of the historic ceremony this afternoon, Prince Harry is reportedly set to return to California. However, it is unclear whether he will be traveling on a commercial scheduled flight or a private one. The purpose of his swift return is said to be to celebrate his son Archie's fourth birthday with him.

This is not Prince Harry's first time traveling by commercial airline, as he has previously flown on similar types of flights. In fact, the Duke of Sussex was previously seen aboard a British Airways flight in 2019, where he was seated in first class.

Typically, the royal family members travel by private charter, which may include sizable fixed-wing aircraft, small fixed-wing aircraft, or helicopters, depending on the distance to be covered and the size of the official group.

Although Prince Harry is no longer a working member of the royal family, he has been known to travel by private jet in the past frequently. This has garnered criticism from both environmental activists and the media alike, who view the use of private jets as contradictory to his public statements about the importance of addressing climate change.

Minimal disruption to commercial aviation in London
To celebrate the coronation of King Charles III, a special King Charles coronation flypast will take place, featuring over 60 aircraft. Fortunately, this event is not expected to cause any significant disruptions to commercial aviation in the London area.

However, it is important to note that smaller privately-owned aircraft may be restricted from entering London airspace during most of the afternoon. Additionally, drone operators should take note of airspace restrictions in the hours surrounding the flypast.

The display will begin at 2:15 PM when the newly-crowned King Charles and the Queen Consort will watch from Buckingham Palace's famous Southeast Balcony. Following the conclusion of the flypast, the participating aircraft will disperse into nearby counties. However, it's worth noting that two of these counties, East Anglia and Lincolnshire, may also be impacted by flight restrictions. Additionally, there will be increased control over airspace in certain areas of the North Sea throughout the afternoon of the coronation.

PP

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2800 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sat May 06, 2023 4:18 pm

So presumably he's on AA135 to LA, scheduled 1700 departure, airborne 1715. Good riddance. Going to be a late night birthday party for Archie.....
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org