A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#1921 Post by Undried Plum » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:13 pm

It's a genetic thing.

Tut tut.

Don't sack the shoeshine nigger or the dresser.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1922 Post by Pontius Navigator » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:09 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:01 pm
They both appear to have extra-length right sided jackets!......and Wullam has mis-buttoned his? Tut tut.
No, Wils has only top button fastened and 'tother has a sloping shoulder from carrying a heavy chip.

But brawn boots, brawn boots lad, how common

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1923 Post by Boac » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:30 pm

You have to admit that no buttons looks smarter than an ill-fitting suit here, though. Look at the strain on it. Any decent PMC would have chucked him out of the mess. :))

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1924 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:40 am

Leave HRH Prince William alone, he was under great strain trying not to hit Ginge in public. I would say that the suit Ginge is wearing is American. No buttons or flaps on the pockets also very rounded front to the jacket. Nutmeg probably bought it and told him to wear it. That outfit has never seen Savile Row let alone had a sniff of it.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1925 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:47 am

Leave HRH Prince William alone
Poor diddums!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1926 Post by OFSO » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Let he who has never been forced to wear something bought by his wife, cast the first stone....

(I managed, by virtue of being too fat to wear it, to get a round-necked white (!) shirt returned to Zara on Wednesday. "But you'll look lovely in this, dear." Sound familiar?)

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1927 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:51 pm

OFSO wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:46 pm
Let he who has never been forced to wear something bought by his wife, cast the first stone....

(I managed, by virtue of being too fat to wear it, to get a round-necked white (!) shirt returned to Zara on Wednesday. "But you'll look lovely in this, dear." Sound familiar?)
Never.

'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1928 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:39 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:40 am
Leave HRH Prince William alone, he was under great strain trying not to hit Ginge in public. I would say that the suit Ginge is wearing is American. No buttons or flaps on the pockets also very rounded front to the jacket. Nutmeg probably bought it and told him to wear it. That outfit has never seen Savile Row let alone had a sniff of it.
Harry's jacket also has 2 buttons and the pocket flaps might be jetted.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1929 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:44 pm

OFSO, "they really suit you, you should get two pairs" and "why do you insist on wearing those trousers?"

"You chose them"

"what do you think of these?"

"Well if you like them, get them" but don't expect me to like them or go out with you when you're wearing them

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1930 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:53 am

We are not the only ones. From The Snail on Sunday this morning:
As IF to prove that money can’t buy taste, when Harry arrived in Kensington for the unveiling of the Diana statue, he broke the cardinal sartorial rule: never wear brown in town.

Thanks to his appalling choice of suede brogues – in a colour that should be worn ONLY when in the country – gentlemen across the land are still recoiling in horror at the memory of his flying visit.
If he had a Royal valet this would never have happened. [-X

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1931 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:17 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:53 am
We are not the only ones. From The Snail on Sunday this morning:
As IF to prove that money can’t buy taste, when Harry arrived in Kensington for the unveiling of the Diana statue, he broke the cardinal sartorial rule: never wear brown in town.

Thanks to his appalling choice of suede brogues – in a colour that should be worn ONLY when in the country – gentlemen across the land are still recoiling in horror at the memory of his flying visit.
If he had a Royal valet this would never have happened. [-X
I await more of your advice regarding proper attire. ^:)^
Of course, I live in shorts, flip-flops, and a scrub top; a Hawaiian shirt if dressing up. :))
Big boy pants and real shoes, can't remember when they were last worn. :-??

PP

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1932 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:18 am

PP, that is a little loud. Consider a white shirt, a discrete tie with military or old school stripes with the British diagonal, navy blazer. Then a pair of crisp linen shorts with knife edge crease in contrasting sand colour with long stockings to below the knee to match with highly polished black shoes. To top it off a Panama.

In cooler weather, say less than 86 degrees, a pair light grey bags rather than shorts.

If you wish to dress more casually, replace the tie with a square also in regimental or old school colours.

Should the event be of a sporting nature then the rules change significantly and I am less knowledgeable here. That is where one's man comes to the fore.

First never shorts as pink knobbly knees are terribly infradig. One's navy blazer might be exchanged for a stripped blazer with appropriate stripes, never checks, for cricket or boating. Headgear too may be a boater, again with stripes, or a peaked cap and various patterns and colours. The peak of course being small and discrete and solely to assist in placing it on one's head in the correct position; it is not designed as a sun shield.

On more strenuous sporting events morning suit, top hat, waistcoat etc are derigour; temperature is irrelevant, one always wears a vest under the shirt and might add a discrete pair of long johns.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1933 Post by Boac » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:52 am

............and be careful with the colour of your thongs - need to match your shorts.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1934 Post by Boac » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:52 am

Gossip papers reporting Wullum and Kate 'upset' by the trolling of Boy George. Oprah next?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1935 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:57 am

I read this morning that Netflix ($200,000,000 paid ) and Spotify ($50,000,000 paid) are wondering when they are going to see some content from the gifted couple.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#1936 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:11 am

OFSO wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:57 am
I read this morning that Netflix ($200,000,000 paid ) and Spotify ($50,000,000 paid) are wondering when they are going to see some content from the gifted couple.
=)) The only 'gift' they can bring to the party is their titles. (spell checker suggested 'titties'. :-o)

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1937 Post by 1DC » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:06 am

Be surprised if they paid that much in advance.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1938 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 pm

Still, never let facts spoil a good story!

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1939 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:51 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:11 am
OFSO wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:57 am
=)) The only 'gift' they can bring to the party is their titles. (spell checker suggested 'titties'. :-o)
Slasher would disagree and then the question is which is the bigger T

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1940 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Prince Harry to publish a 'wholly truthful' memoir about 'the man I've become'

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/prin ... e-n1274386

Prince Harry to publish a 'wholly truthful' memoir about 'the man I've become'
Harry said the forthcoming memoir will detail "the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned" throughout his life.

July 19, 2021, 11:05 AM MST / Updated July 19, 2021, 11:37 AM MST
By Doha Madani
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, has inked a deal to publish a memoir detailing his upbringing, Penguin Random House announced Monday.

The publisher described the memoir in a statement as "the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him." Proceeds from the book, which is scheduled for release late next year, will go to charity.

Harry characterized the memoir as being written from the perspective of “the man I have become,” rather than the royal title he was born into.

“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story — the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think,” Harry said.

The memoir comes amid a seemingly newfound openness by Harry to discuss his private life, offering a peek behind the scenes of a public figure.

Harry and his wife, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, stepped down from their roles as senior members of the royal family last year and have since been working on a series of projects.

Harry and Meghan moved to California, where they founded Archewell, a charitable foundation, reached a deal with Netflix and created an Apple TV+ series focusing on mental health with Oprah Winfrey. In the series, Harry divulged how his own emotional well-being was affected for years after the death of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.

He told Winfrey that he turned to excessive alcohol and drugs to cope as an adult.

"I was willing to drink, I was willing to take drugs, I was willing to try and do the things that made me feel less like I was feeling," he said. "Not because I was enjoying it, but because I was trying to mask something."

He and his wife also spoke to Winfrey in a separate interview about their decision to step down from their royal duties amid intense media scrutiny that damaged their mental health. Meghan explained that the media attacks had resulted in suicidal ideation while she was pregnant with the couple's first child, Archie.

They both described feeling a lack of support from the other members of the royal family and ultimately making the choice to put their family's wellbeing first. Harry added that the experience helped him grasp a better understanding of the racist undertones of the attacks on his wife.

Harry explained in his statement on Monday that he’s been excited to share the things he’s learned over his life and promised his memoir to be a “firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful."

Penguin Random House CEO Markus Dohle said the publisher was "thrilled" to add Harry to its list of authors.

"Prince Harry has harnessed his extraordinary life experience as a prince, a soldier, and a knowledgeable advocate for social issues, establishing himself as a global leader recognized for his courage and openness," Dohle added. "It is for that reason we’re excited to publish his honest and moving story.”

PP