Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2821 Post by FD2 » Thu May 18, 2023 8:22 pm

Brilliant! :YMAPPLAUSE: ^:)^

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2822 Post by Boac » Thu May 18, 2023 8:23 pm

How can you drive for 2 hours around NY and not get where you are going? Was she map-reading..........?

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2823 Post by llondel » Thu May 18, 2023 11:34 pm

Boac wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 8:23 pm
How can you drive for 2 hours around NY and not get where you are going? Was she map-reading..........?
It took me 90 minutes to get from Flushing Meadows to I-80 last week. That's about 17 miles.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2824 Post by Boac » Fri May 19, 2023 7:02 am

Not really relevant! Were you driving at high speed and being chased by paparazzi? We should be told. :))

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2825 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri May 19, 2023 8:28 am

Watched GB News last night. Brilliant interview with the white sister. As the interviewer talked she listened, nodded her head but made no attempt to talk over him.

I wish all guests were as disciplined.

Then it was her turn. The torrent of words was like a waterfall. The poor man could not get a word in. Brilliant. Can't remember what she said though. 😁

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2826 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri May 19, 2023 8:48 am

5th wedding anniversary today. They will of course want to keep it quiet and private MUCH.

I gave them five years. I have only hours to go with my prediction.

All that effort by thousands for a Royal wedding and she had no intention of staying with The Firm. ******** *****
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#2827 Post by limeygal » Fri May 19, 2023 11:34 am

Ginge and whinge put in their place by lawyers. They have finally "jumped the shark" with this one. Anyone who has been to NY will know it is virtually impossibly to have a "chase" on the streets. Even their taxi driver doesn't seem to remember the "harrowing" event. Channeling the death of his mother for their own publicity is an all time low for even them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-famil ... d-lawyers/

Llondel-nailed it!

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2828 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri May 19, 2023 11:40 am

It seems to be a stunt to support his case in London for Met protection. Idiots.

Brilliant Llondel.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2829 Post by 4mastacker » Fri May 19, 2023 12:18 pm

This fella is worth listening to. He's a barrister who pushes out videos giving all sorts of advice and explanations on legal matters.

Ginge might have to start thinking about alternative residence arrangements.

It's always my fault - SWMBO

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

No Photos For You!

#2830 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri May 19, 2023 6:41 pm

Photo agency says it has rejected Harry and Meghan’s request to turn over car chase images [-X

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/19/media/pr ... index.html

A US photo agency says it has refused to hand over pictures and video of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex taken in New York on Tuesday night during what the royal couple called a “near catastrophic” car chase by “a ring of highly aggressive paparazzi.”

Backgrid USA told CNN on Friday that it had responded to a letter from the Sussexes’ legal team, saying the copyrighted material belonged to the agency and the couple have no rights to it.

CNN has not seen the letter referred to by Backgrid.

The altercation involving the royals, and Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, became public on Wednesday after the couple’s spokesperson released a statement denouncing a “relentless pursuit” that “resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD officers.”

Statements from the New York Police Department, the city’s mayor and a law enforcement source confirmed the outlines of the couple’s account of what happened after they left the Ms. Foundation’s Women of Vision Awards, where Meghan was being honored. However, the language used in statements was more restrained.

NEW YORK, UNITED STATES - MAY 16: Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle and Duke of Sussex Prince Harry attend the ceremony, which benefits the Ms. Foundation for Women and feminist movements, in New York, United States on May 16, 2023. Meghan Markle who wears a gold dress for Women of Vision Gala receives 2023 Women of Vision award from Gloria Steinem at Ziegfeld Ballroom on Tuesday night in New York City. (Photo by Selcuk Acar/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images)
Exclusive: Prince Harry and Meghan's security detail says car chase 'could have been fatal'
The NYPD simply said “numerous photographers” had “made their transport challenging” following their departure from the Ziegfeld Ballroom. New York City Mayor Eric Adams cast doubt on the couple’s two-hour time frame for the chase but added that, irrespective of length, the incident was “reckless” and “irresponsible.”

The photo agency told the BBC it had received a letter that read: “We hereby demand that Backgrid immediately provide us with copies of all photos, videos, and/or films taken last night by the freelance photographers after the couple left their event and over the next several hours.”

Backgrid told CNN its lawyers had written in response: “In America, as I’m sure you know, property belongs to the owner of it: Third parties cannot just demand it be given to them, as perhaps Kings can do. [-X

“Perhaps you should sit down with your client and advise them that his English rules of royal prerogative to demand that the citizenry hand over their property to the Crown were rejected by this country long ago. :-o :ymdevil:

“We stand by our founding fathers.”

The Sussexes declined to comment on the matter when approached by CNN.

The California-based photo agency previously told CNN on Thursday that it was taking “Prince Harry’s allegations seriously” and would conduct an investigation following Tuesday’s car chase, despite photographers at the scene “feeling that the couple was not in immediate danger at any point.”

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - MAY 16: (L-R) Doria Ragland, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex attend the Ms. Foundation Women of Vision Awards: Celebrating Generations of Progress & Power at Ziegfeld Ballroom on May 16, 2023 in New York City. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images Ms. Foundation for Women)
What really happened during Prince Harry and Meghan's New York car chase?
The Sussexes’ latest scuffle with the tabloid press sparked global rolling news coverage on Wednesday, with the incident echoing the circumstances that led to the death of Harry’s mother, Diana. The Princess of Wales died in 1997 after suffering internal injuries resulting from a high-speed car crash in Paris.

Harry has often spoken of the trauma of losing his mother when he was 12 and has previously shared how every camera flash takes him “straight back” to one of the worst moments of his life.

In the couple’s Netflix docuseries released last year, he reiterated what he saw as the parallels between his wife’s treatment by the media to that faced by his mother nearly three decades ago.

“Paparazzi still harass people,” he said in the second episode of the six-part series. “But the harassment really exists more online now. Once the photographs are out and the stories then put next to it, then comes the social media harassment. To see another woman in my life, who I love, go through this feeding frenzy – that’s hard. It is basically the hunter versus the prey.”

PP

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2831 Post by boing » Fri May 19, 2023 7:18 pm

Welcome to America Harry. #-o

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2832 Post by G-CPTN » Fri May 19, 2023 7:35 pm

If a simple camera 'flash' induces trauma with 'flashbacks' of his mother's death (where he wasn't anywhere remotely closely involved), then he needs serious medical treatment.

Just saying.

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2833 Post by OneHungLow » Fri May 19, 2023 10:57 pm

One wonders why the average Englishman cares about all this Ruritanian crap!

What is wrong with you people?
The observer of fools in military south and north...

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2834 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri May 19, 2023 11:11 pm

OneHungLow wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:57 pm

You are so right!
Having driven them away from their home and family they are our Ruritanian crap to deal with now.
Thanks A Lot! :D

PP

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2835 Post by OneHungLow » Fri May 19, 2023 11:13 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:11 pm
OneHungLow wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:57 pm

You are so right!
Having driven them away from their home and family they are our Ruritanian crap to deal with now.
Thanks A Lot! :D

PP
Good luck with that one PHP! =))

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2836 Post by 4mastacker » Fri May 19, 2023 11:31 pm

As much as Backgrid USA's response was short and to the point, an even shorter and equally succinct reply was the reply given in the case Arkell v Pressdram.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OneHungLow
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2837 Post by OneHungLow » Fri May 19, 2023 11:46 pm

4mastacker wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:31 pm
As much as Backgrid USA's response was short and to the point, an even shorter and equally succinct reply was the reply given in the case Arkell v Pressdram.
In the case of Arkell v Pressdram (1971), the plaintiff was the subject of an article. Arkell's lawyers wrote a letter which concluded: "His attitude to damages will be governed by the nature of your reply." Private Eye responded: "We acknowledge your letter of 29th April referring to Mr J. Arkell. We note that Mr Arkell's attitude to damages will be governed by the nature of our reply and would therefore be grateful if you would inform us what his attitude to damages would be, were he to learn that the nature of our reply is as follows: **** off."The plaintiff withdrew the threatened lawsuit. In the years following, the magazine would refer to this exchange as a euphemism for a blunt and coarse dismissal, for example: "We refer you to the reply given in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram".[As with "tired and emotional" this usage has spread beyond the magazine.
Well SIr, you are right, a proper Liberal Democracy loves and respects such feisty responses, whatever we think about the case...

If only we had such here in the UK these days?

I do admit that I subscribe to Private Eye, so I may be biased! ;)))

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2838 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon May 22, 2023 8:05 am

No big fuss about their 5th anniversary and it appears that Ginge has a hotel room nearby on permanent lease to get away from 'er. As one presenter said, they have 9 bedrooms an a guest lodge for him to get away to.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2839 Post by Boac » Mon May 22, 2023 8:26 am

Now, there's an idea....... =))

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2840 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon May 22, 2023 10:43 am

Boac wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:26 am
Now, there's an idea....... =))
The farmer's wife from down river has been known to stay at the safari camp here.