The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2581 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:55 am

The Queen Consort seems to make HM The King happy and is clearly a stabilising element. Look at the leaking pen incident. Also, she performs her Royal duties punctiliously.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2582 Post by Boac » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:37 am

.....and he needs some 'trousers' where he can live? (December 1989) A humiliating and sordid affair (leaked, of course, by our wonderful press) which indirectly led to the untimely death of Diana. Another Royal Family 'cock up'.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2583 Post by OFSO » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:58 am

Reporter from LBC in Waterstones book store in Central London just reported number of people who have bought "Spare" since the shop opened just doubled - from one to two.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2584 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:01 am

Heading for the 50p bin by the weekend?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2585 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:37 am

4mastacker wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:01 am
Heading for the 50p bin by the weekend?
Since it's you I broke my rule and opened the thread. Wish I hadn't 😀

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2586 Post by 1DC » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:04 pm

The press have been after Camilla ever since she started living with Charles and they have found nothing, I think she is doing fine and has fitted in well.

I am sure all of Harrys' demons could have been resolved in house with the family and probably with the help of a shrink or two over time, but of course there wouldn't be any revenue in that would there and it wouldn't have suited Megsit and her publicists plans.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2587 Post by OFSO » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:13 pm

Another tear-jerker.....

In his book Spare, Harry writes: "At Eton, while studying, I took a call. I wish I could remember whose voice was at the other end; a courtier's, I believe.

"I recall that it was just before Easter, the weather was bright and warm, light slanting through my window, filled with vivid colours. Your Royal Highness, the Queen Mother has died."

However, news reports at the time explicitly detail how Prince Harry was away skiing with his father and brother in Klosters, Switzerland, when the 101-year-old died in her sleep at Royal Lodge, Windsor.

Pictures also show him returning to the UK from the continent the day after the death.

The stark inconsistencies in that recollection raise questions about the accuracy of other claims made by the Duke of Sussex in his new memoir.

A former Royal correspondent, who covered the Wales' Ski trip at the time, has confirmed to GB News that British journalists had recently arrived back in the UK from a pre-agreed photocall in Switzerland. They had left the family in Klosters, where Charles, William and Harry subsequently spent some private time together after after they received news the Queen Mother was gravely ill.

Buckingham Palace issued the following statement on March 30 2002: "The Queen, with the greatest sadness, has asked for the following announcement to be made immediately: Her beloved mother, Queen Elizabeth, died peacefully in her sleep this afternoon.

Prince Harry's popularity plunges to its lowest level EVER as Britons turn their backs on him
"Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother had become increasingly frail in recent weeks following her bad cough and chest infection over Christmas.

Her condition deteriorated this morning and her doctors were called. Queen Elizabeth died peacefully in her sleep at 3.15pm at Royal Lodge."

The then Prince of Wales's spokeswoman issued a statement from Klosters later that day, where he was staying with both of his sons, adding: "He [Charles] is devastated. His only wish is to get home as soon as he can."

A BBC News online report from the time clearly adds "William and Harry [were] away skiing in Klosters when the 101-year-old died in her sleep."

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2588 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:46 pm

You have to wonder when a supposed "Blockbuster" book is priced half off on the release date. :-o :-?
I bet that the half off price will not lead to twice as many sells.
Hope Harry hasn't started counting his money from this book. [-X

PP

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2589 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:04 pm

Allegedly by this evening GMT, 400,000 copies of the hard-back/audio editions have been sold, largest in the non-fiction category in such a short time.

I would question the classification as "non"-fiction, but I'm not arsed as I won't be reading it.

Also alleged is "Charles wanted to name him after Queen Victoria's beloved husband Prince Albert* – who is his great-great-great-great grandfather".

That might have given rise to great mirth and speculation over what did eventually rise in the field behind the pub and how it had been modified?!?!? :-o :)) =))

Just to clarify for the innocents amongst us;

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... e%20albert

But I hope his security detail is equipped with boats;

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... nest-spare

"Harry’s entire home of Montecito is under evacuation amid floods some will no doubt choose to see as biblical".

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2590 Post by OFSO » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:11 pm

Allegedly indeed, because they are the publishers own figures. Pop into Waterstones, however, and the pyramids of "Spare" look quite neglected.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2591 Post by 4mastacker » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:33 pm

....."Harry’s entire home of Montecito is under evacuation amid floods some will no doubt choose to see as biblical"......
Wonder what kind of survey they had done before they bought? Don't insurers refuse to pay out if a house is built on a flood plain? Oh dear, what a shame, how sad.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2592 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:47 pm

Maybe worse is to come as the US meeja warming up, taking the piss, BEFORE a TV interview;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/steph ... r-AA16byK7

Colbert might not be a fawning and obsequious as Bradbury on UK ITV...

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2593 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:50 am

OFSO, was that the open mic occasion when Charles referred to Nicolas Witchel as that annoying little man?

Edit:
Seems it was:

'I hate doing this. Bloody people. I can't bear that man anyway. He's so awful, he really is. I hate these people'

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2594 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:20 am

Possibly. World full of ghastly people.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2595 Post by barkingmad » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:48 am

Seems like Potty Harry had the hots for Kate when they first met, so no wonder the young stags locked horns;

""I liked his new girlfriend. She was carefree, sweet, kind. She'd done a gap year in Florence, knew about photography, art. And clothes. She loved clothes," he wrote of the period after Kate and William got together
In another extract Prince Harry explains how he "liked seeing Kate laugh" adding, "Better yet, I liked making her laugh. And I was quite good at it. My transparently silly side connected with her heavily disguised silly side
Harry went on to admit though that he had concerns about William becoming too caught up in his relationship to spend time with him, but he "consoled" himself with thoughts of the laughter him and Kate shared and would continue to share.
Whenever I worried that Kate was going to be the one to take Willy from me, I consoled myself with thoughts of all our future laughing fits together, and I told myself how great everything would be when I had a serious girlfriends who could laugh along with us. Maybe it would be Chelsy."

And here is the 'scientific' proof; :))

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... l-bed.html

Even more salacious is the infamous losing of the cherry:
" He claims the "humiliating experience" happened in a field outside a "very busy pub" when he was 17.
He said he lost his virginity with an older woman who treated him like a "young stallion".
I mounted her quickly," he described, "after which she spanked my ass and sent me away".

And now the hunt is on to locate this unfortunate woman, so if you can be bothered, here is some further info;

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/prince-harry ... 22737.html :ymsick:

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#2596 Post by limeygal » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:42 pm

Latest "bombshell" from the book wot he wrote- "Prince Harry embarrassed about his Ikea furniture." Yes my friends, the struggle is real.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2597 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:58 pm

Actually that's the first thing I've read that rings a bell. But I bet he didn't go in person to buy it!

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2598 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:55 pm

The first step to identifying the filly in the field is to determine who was associated with Harry when he was aged 17.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2599 Post by Boac » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:04 pm

Could it have been Camilla, out looking for a Prince....? =))

You know - "Some day my Prince will come"

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2600 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:09 pm

Certainly fits the 'older horsey woman' profile.