The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2941 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:44 am

That horrible little man/transvestite? Scobie has released a few quotes from his new book.
An unpopular king, a power-hungry heir to the throne, a queen willing to go to dangerous lengths to preserve her image and a prince forced to start a new life after being betrayed by his own family'
He admits this time that he has spoken to 'members' of the Royal Family. There will be mega Ginge and Nutmeg input.

Out on the 29th but serialised in the USA before that so more trash to come shortly.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2942 Post by llondel » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:59 am

Wow, 20th September to 4th November as a gap between posts to this thread.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2943 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:12 am

llondel wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:59 am
It has been noted that they have been very quiet recently. Now Buck House say that they have turned down an invite for HMK's birthday bash. They say that they were not invited. Easy to decide where the truth is.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2944 Post by tango15 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:41 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:12 am
llondel wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:59 am
It has been noted that they have been very quiet recently. Now Buck House say that they have turned down an invite for HMK's birthday bash. They say that they were not invited. Easy to decide where the truth is.
Well, never mind. They can still hang out with their Hollywood friends (just about their level - no brains, but me, me, me) and upset all the eco-warriors:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/tripid ... r-AA1juS01

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2945 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:56 am

Is one allowed to wear British medals on mufti abroad?

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2946 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:58 pm

Prince Harry wins ruling allowing case against Daily Mail publisher to continue

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/10/media/pr ... index.html

Britain’s High Court ruled Friday that the Duke of Sussex’s court case against the publisher of the Daily Mail newspaper over alleged unlawful information gathering can continue.

Associated Newspapers Limited, which also publishes The Mail on Sunday and the MailOnline, had attempted to have the case dismissed without trial at a hearing in March, on the grounds that the legal challenges had been brought against them “far too late,” according to PA Media news agency. ANL has strongly denied the claims against it.

A group of high-profile claimants, which include Prince Harry, singer Elton John and Baroness Doreen Lawrence, has argued that “relevant facts” were “deliberately concealed” by ANL, and could not have been discovered until recently, a statement from the UK Courts and Tribunals Judiciary said.

In the High Court ruling, Justice Nicklin said ANL failed to deliver a “knockout blow” to any of the claims brought by the claimants.

He concluded that the group of well-known figures have a “real prospect” of demonstrating that ANL concealed the relevant facts that could have enabled them to bring their claims sooner.

Actress and model Elizabeth Hurley, actress Sadie Frost, former politician Simon Hughes and John’s partner David Furnish make up the rest of the plaintiffs behind the legal action.

A statement released Friday by law firm Hamlins on the group’s behalf said the seven claimants were “delighted” with the decision that “allows our claims over serious criminal activity (to proceed).”

They allege that ANL has committed “deplorable and illegal activities,” including hiring private investigators to place listening devices in the claimants’ cars and homes, tapping phone calls and illegally accessing private medical information, the statement said.

“We intend to uncover the truth at trial and hold those responsible at Associated Newspapers fully accountable,” the statement continued.

ANL said in a statement Friday that it continues to firmly deny the allegations brought against the firm. The statement described the accusations as “lurid claims” and “simply preposterous.”

The suit is just one of several that the Duke of Sussex has brought against major UK newspaper publishers, including Rupert Murdoch’s News Group Newspapers and Mirror Group Newspapers.

PP

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2947 Post by llondel » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:00 am

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:56 am
Is one allowed to wear British medals on mufti abroad?
Who's going to stop it?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2948 Post by OFSO » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:14 am

Depends which "abroad" we are discussing.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2949 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:41 pm

Prince Harry drops the ceremonial puck during NHL game

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/21/sport/pr ... index.html

CNN

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle watched on in Rogers Arena as the Vancouver Canucks defeated the San Jose Sharks on Monday.

The Duke of Sussex also dropped the ceremonial puck ahead of the game, fist-bumping captains Quinn Hughes and Tomáš Hertl at center ice.

“I actually had to tell him [to drop the puck] because he kept holding [it] and smiling,” ~X( :(( :)) Hertl told reporters after the game. “I said it’s time to drop it. It was a cool moment, for sure I will remember that one.”

Prince Harry and Meghan are visiting Vancouver ahead of the 2025 Invictus Games, which will be held in British Columbia.

Prince Harry, second from top left, and Meghan Markle, second from top right, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, attend the first period of an NHL hockey game between the Vancouver Canucks and the San Jose Sharks in Vancouver, British Columbia, Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. (Darryl Dyck/The Canadian Press via AP)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle watch the game from a VIP box in Rodgers Arena.
Darryl Dyck/The Canadian Press/AP
The Invictus Games, founded by Prince Harry and first staged in 2014, is an international sporting event involving military personnel injured in service.

Previous editions have been held in the UK, the US, Australia, Netherlands, and Germany, while Canada will host it for the second time.

The Canucks won Monday’s game 3-1, improving to 13-5-1 on the season thanks to goals from Hughes, Sam Lafferty, and J.T. Miller.

Hughes also recorded an assist to take his points tally for the season to a league-leading 30 – the third defenseman in NHL history to reach that milestone in fewer than 20 games.

Prince Harry’s grandmother, the late Queen Elizabeth II, also dropped the ceremonial puck during a game between the Canucks and the Sharks in 2002 – a trip to Canada that coincided with her Golden Jubilee celebrations.

PP

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2950 Post by Ex-Ascot » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:25 pm

There are so many leaks on the End Game book there will be no point of anyone buying it when it comes out next week.

Princess Royal instrumental in them being chucked out of Frogmore. That's my gal. Well done Mam.

This is a classic straight from Nutmeg:
Kate 'immediately detected a rival to her' in Meghan
=))

OFSO wrote: ↑16 Nov 2023, 07:14
Depends which "abroad" we are discussing.
USofA.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2951 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:26 am

Do we honestly think that no one had mentioned that Archie could be black. The below tucked into the Royal Family photo shoots. It was not HMK or HRH Princess of Wales. Note there are two now originally only one.
Attachments
Black Prince.jpg

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2952 Post by tango15 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:12 pm

Ex-Ascot wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:26 am
Do we honestly think that no one had mentioned that Archie could be black. The below tucked into the Royal Family photo shoots. It was not HMK or HRH Princess of Wales. Note there are two now originally only one.
That's Michael Jackson from his early days, and I claim my £5!

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2953 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:37 pm

Questions of royal family racism reignited by disputed pair of high profile names in Dutch translation of book
Journalist and author Omid Scobie said he is "looking forward to finding out" how the names ended up in the Dutch version of "Endgame."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ques ... rcna127569

Questions of racism within the royal family were reignited after King Charles and Catherine, Princess of Wales, were reportedly named in the Dutch version of Omid Scobie’s book "Endgame" as the two people who discussed the skin color of Prince Archie, according to British media.

The alleged discussions are in reference to claims made by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021. At the time, Charles held the title of Prince and Catherine, formerly Kate Middleton was the Duchess of Cambridge.

Meghan told Winfrey that in the months leading up to Prince Archie's birth, members of the Royal Family had expressed "concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he is born." Meghan did not reveal the names during the interview, and the unknown individuals were dubbed "the royal racists" in the UK press and online.

In the English version of Scobie’s book, he alleged that there had been two people involved in the discussions, according to BBC. He said he knew their identities but could not name them because of legal reasons, the news outlet reported.

Scobie said on BBC Two’s "Newsnight" that he does not know how the names ended up in the Dutch version and there is a "full investigation" into how it happened. NBC News has not viewed the Dutch or English copies of the book.

"I'm looking forward to finding out more about it because the English version of the book, the only one I know, the version that I signed off on, that is the book that is out there today," he said. "That's the book that has no names in it."

Buckingham Palace declined to comment Friday, but a royal source said "all options" are being considered.

During the interview with Winfrey, Meghan refused to name the royal family members involved in the discussion, saying it would be very damaging to them. Harry also confirmed that he was questioned about his son's skin tone, but did not identify who made the remarks or when they were made.

In the couple’s Netflix docuseries, Harry said there was a “huge level of unconscious bias” in the royal family.

NBC News has not independently verified that such conversations took place. Shortly after the interview, Buckingham Palace released a statement and said that the issues the couple raised, particularly around race, were "concerning."

The Palace said that the family was "saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan," while noting that "some recollections may vary" and the issues will "be addressed by the family privately."

Following the uproar over the book, the Dutch version, titled "Eindstrijd," was temporarily recalled for what publisher Xander Uitgever said was an "error" in the translation. A "rectified edition" would be back in bookstores on Dec. 8, the publisher said.

PP

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2954 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:57 pm

What did Harry (and Meghan) expect their offspring to look like?

Did they invoke the warming pan gambit?

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2955 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:07 pm

Prince Harry’s libel claim against Mail on Sunday publisher must go to trial, judge rules
The libel case against the newspaper was over an article about his security arrangements, which was withdrawn after he stepped back from royal duties in 2020.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/prin ... rcna128686

LONDON — Prince Harry’s libel case against the Mail on Sunday newspaper over an article about his security arrangements must go to trial, a judge at London’s High Court ruled on Friday, rejecting the royal’s attempts to have the publisher’s defence thrown out.

Harry, King Charles’ younger son, sued publisher Associated Newspapers last year over an article that stated he had tried to keep secret a separate legal fight with the British government over his publicly funded police protection, which was withdrawn after he stepped back from royal duties in 2020.

The report also accused Harry of attempting to mislead the public about his willingness to pay for the policing himself.

Harry applied to have the newspaper group’s defence thrown out, but Judge Matthew Nicklin said in a written ruling that it had a real prospect of success.

The judge added in a summary of his ruling: “The Duke of Sussex’s claim will now go through its remaining pre-trial phases and, unless resolved in some other way, to a trial at some point in 2024.”

PP

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2956 Post by PHXPhlyer » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:11 pm

Prince Harry ordered to pay legal fees to Daily Mail publisher in libel case
The Duke of Sussex must pay 48,447 pounds ($60,927) in legal fees by Dec. 29.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/prin ... rcna129077

LONDON — A judge ordered Prince Harry on Monday to pay nearly 50,000 pounds (more than $60,000) in legal fees to the publisher of the Daily Mail tabloid for his failed court challenge in a libel lawsuit.

The Duke of Sussex is suing Associated Newspapers Ltd. over an article that said Harry tried to hide his efforts to retain publicly funded protection in the U.K. after leaving his role as a working member of the royal family.

Justice Matthew Nicklin ruled Friday in the High Court in London that the publisher has a "real prospect" of showing that statements issued on Harry’s behalf were misleading and that the February 2022 article reflected an "honest opinion" and wasn’t libelous.

"The defendant may well submit that this was a masterclass in the art of ‘spinning,'" Nicklin wrote, in refusing to strike the honest opinion defense.

Harry has claimed the article was "fundamentally inaccurate" and the newspaper defamed him when it suggested he lied in his initial public statements over efforts to challenge the government’s decision to strip him of his security detail after he and his family moved to the U.S. in 2020.

Harry, 39, the younger son of King Charles III, also has a lawsuit pending against the government’s decision to protect him on a case-by-case basis when he visits Britain. He claims that hostility toward him and his wife on social media and relentless hounding by the news media threaten their safety.

Nicklin said a libel trial lasting three to four days will be scheduled between May 17 and July 31.

The 48,447 pounds ($60,927) in legal fees Harry was ordered to pay by Dec. 29 is likely to be dwarfed by the amount paid to lawyers in another lawsuit the duke has brought against the publisher.

Associated Newspapers is one of three British tabloid publishers he’s suing over claims they used unlawful means, such as deception, phone hacking or hiring private investigators, to try to dig up dirt on him.

The Mail publisher failed last month in its bid to throw out that lawsuit, though it prevailed in getting some evidence barred from trial. Nicklin — who is also hearing that case — is considering what to award in lawyer’s costs for each party’s respective wins.

Harry and co-claimants that include Elton John and Elizabeth Hurley said they spent 1.7 million ($2.1 million) to prepare for and argue their case at a hearing over several days in March. The publisher, meanwhile, is seeking up to 755,000 pounds ($949,000).

PP

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2957 Post by Ex-Ascot » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:40 am

Voted as two of the biggest losers in Hollywood.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2958 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:47 am

Losers or not I do hope he wins this case! The press need reigning in big time.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2959 Post by Boac » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:48 pm

......and he has! Well done, Sir. Bring on the next 80 claimants..........

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2960 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:50 am

It has gone very quiet over there.

Ginge is left out of the 200 most notable graduates of Sandhurst in new book. HRH PW is there and writes the forward.