The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#961 Post by 4mastacker » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:01 am

Now that Eugenie's preggers, perhaps that will divert some attention away from these two clowns. I'll give this charade of a marriage another year at the most.
It's always my fault - SWMBO

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#962 Post by Boac » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:28 am

The Mirror wrote:Meghan Markle "would seriously consider running for US president", a source close to her has said.
Oh me Gawd. Can things get ANY worse.....?

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#963 Post by FD2 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:38 am

Harry Mountebank-Windsor being 'First Gentleman' would be even worse. Wokedom ad infinitum.

It would be an even greater challenge to her acting abilities than pretending to be royalty.

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#964 Post by FD2 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Where does poor Prince Harry fit into Meghan’s masterplan?

Hugo Vickers writes in the Telegraph:

It is tragic to see a man who once smiled so broadly looking as miserable and out of his depth as Prince Harry now does. In a few short months, Harry has gone from being a Prince with the chance to use his position to achieve much for Britain, the Commonwealth and the military, to a boy lost.

Not long ago, he had a purpose. Clearly much loved by his grandmother and respected by the public, he seemed more sure of himself, more comfortable in his own skin than ever before. He looked set to use his considerable platform for something useful. Now, in his new life, far away from his family and everything he knows, he has lost his way. Rather than being a crucial part of the younger generation of Windsors, providing a boost in troubled times as his brother’s family has, now we hear from Harry when he appears on ill-conceived political videos alongside his Californian wife.

He is out of his depth, behaves like a ventriloquist’s dummy and can barely hide his discomfort. You can’t help but feel sorry for the poor man. His recent political statements have inspired suggestions that he renounce his titles and become a private citizen.

I can't help but agree. She's ruined his life. Maybe he will come to his senses some day but could he ever return to the fold?

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#965 Post by Karearea » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:05 pm

Re the latest 'Zoom' thing with the Evening Standard:

Harry - Do Not Scratch Your Armpit in public if you expect to be taken seriously. ~X(

Edit to add: it may be a trick of the camera, but his lower neck looks rather "full", has he developed a thyroid problem?
There's rosemary, that's for remembrance. ...

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#966 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:05 am

This latest book published, 'The Battle of Brothers' to counter 'Finding Freedom' is brilliantly written. I just wonder if it was secretly commissioned by the palace. I am sure that it has at least been approved.

Love this line: '
The Côte d'Azur with Elton, but no Balmoral with Granny?' asked one former attendant to Elizabeth II. 'They seem to be getting their Queens mixed up.'
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#967 Post by PHXPhlyer » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Too Bad It Was Only 'Almost' :(( =))

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/megh ... e-n1242849

Meghan Markle says she suffered 'almost unsurvivable' online abuse
“I’m told that in 2019, I was the most trolled person in the entire world, male or female,” the Duchess of Sussex said. :ymdevil:

Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, said some the abuse had been "unsurvivable." (So not almost?) :-o Michele Spatari / AFP - Getty Images
Oct. 11, 2020, 8:14 AM MST
By Yuliya Talmazan
Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, said she suffered "almost unsurvivable" online abuse while she was on maternity leave or looking after her baby son Archie with her husband Prince Harry.

The royal couple joined three Californian high school students on an episode of their podcast Teenage Therapy on Saturday, to mark World Mental Health Day and discussed topics including mental health stigma, self-care and online abuse.

Meghan told hosts Gael, Kayla, and Thomas that the coronavirus pandemic, which has closed schools around the world, has meant more time online for many.

"Yes, it's a great way to connect, but it also ends up being a place where there's a lot of disconnection, you know, I can speak personally to," she said.

“I’m told that in 2019, I was the most trolled person in the entire world, male or female,” she said, without specifying who told her that information. NBC News has not been able to independently verify her claim.

“For eight months of that, I wasn’t even visible. I was on maternity leave or with a baby, but what was able to be manufactured and churned out, it’s almost unsurvivable,” she added.

Her husband also told the podcast that "putting your self-care as a priority is hugely important," adding that "vulnerability is not a weakness."

“It’s very easy to be sucked in and consumed by negativity,” Harry said. “But we all have the choice to be able to cut that out of our lives.”

He added that he meditated to take a break from his day, while Meghan said that she journaled her experiences to help her reflect.

The podcast was recorded earlier this week in the area of Santa Barbara where the Sussexes now live, after they quit as senior royals earlier this year, according to the U.K.'s Press Association news agency.

It's branded as "a coming of age story portrayed in real time," and normally features five senior students who have conversation about "the struggles that come with being a teenager."

PP

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#968 Post by FD2 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:48 pm

Plus 1! :ymsick:

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#969 Post by Pinky the pilot » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:46 am

I concur with President Trump on a few things, and definitely one one observation he made;

"I wish Prince Harry luck because he's going to need it!"

A bit sad really...
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#970 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:04 am

I agree Pinky. The old adage of making your bed applies. HRH PP summed it up, 'You can walk out with an actress but you don't marry one'

They are both coming out with such gobbledygook. I sure that she is feeding him with the lines. She is trying to sound intellectual but making them both look like prats. A person of his upbringing does not come out publicly with such phrases.

It appears that he has been summonsed to a no tea and biccys chat with HMQ. Bet HRH PC in the presence of HRH PW will also have a go at him.

Why doesn't MI5 just take her out? Get our old HRH PH back and start again.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

Pinky the pilot
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#971 Post by Pinky the pilot » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 am

Why doesn't MI5 just take her out? G
I suspect, Ex-Ascot, that because no matter how the deed was done, that these days there would definitely be some Journo/Conspiracy theorist/whatever, who would immediately scream that she was murdered by the "British intelligence Services" and that some of the mud flung would stick! [-X Even if they were NOT responsible, there would be a sizable minority of People who would firmly believe that MI5/6 or whoever had dunnit!

So best not to even think about it, yes?
You only live twice. Once when you're born. Once when you've looked death in the face.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#972 Post by OFSO » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:01 am

Surely there must be a Kennedy left who could take her on a sight-seeing drive up at the Hamptons? or perhaps a flight in a Cessna?

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#973 Post by Boac » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:27 am

HRH PP could perhaps take her for a drive in the Range Rover?

tango15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#974 Post by tango15 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:21 pm

I suggest they sub the job to Mossad. They very rarely get caught and even if they do, they deny everything and everyone quickly forgets about it.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#975 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:55 pm

OFSO wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:01 am
Surely there must be a Kennedy left who could take her on a sight-seeing drive up at the Hamptons? or perhaps a flight in a Cessna?
Or do what Jack K was best known for?

Understand 😀?

fin
Capt
Capt

#976 Post by fin » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:11 pm

OFSO wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:01 am
In the interest of fairness to ny, the drive by teddy was in Massachusetts. It was a regular destination by Republican passengers from N.Y. however.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#977 Post by OFSO » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Apologies. Memory lapse and too idle to look it up.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#978 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:26 pm

You're forgiven as it's as unimportant as the topic subjects

FD2
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#979 Post by FD2 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:48 am

PHOTO-2020-10-14-18-17-15.jpg

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#980 Post by EA01 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:40 am

Maybe a regular job for 12 months, including loads of unpaid overtime, mow his own lawns, do his own work around the house, pay his own mortgage etc etc., then ask the cnut how bad things are FFS!, perspective people!, we're supposed to be concerned about the welfare of these people???.....I actually don't think they'll do without...they WILL be 'OK'..more than that actually, very much more...

Seriously this whole Royal family thing can easily be seen as utter farcical rubbish, yet still, I logged into to comment didn't I?

Some thoughts;

Every single time waiting in a queue at the supermarket there is a trash magazine with a Royal Family article on the front page....and has been for at least 40 years, probably goes on longer....certain media owners have done very very very well out of people reading about the next 'Scandal'

We never seem to hear of scandals with the Danish, Dutch or Spanish Royal Family's....or do they exist and we just don't comprehend the headlines on trash magazines in Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Madrid?

In transit in BWN once, I noticed a picture on a wall, huge it was, and it was of all the Royal families around the world. There were HEAPS of them, and what I never 'got' was how did Brunei, Japan, Thailand Tonga and other get "Royal Families?", Did they at sometime once visit England, and declare 'This Royal Family idea is Grand, lets return home to an entirely different cultural and ethnical part of the Globe and declare ourselves 'Royal'.....or is it like religion?, where a whole different bunch of people all seem to have a collective idea of a God?

How did they know they would collectively subverse whole populations to 'Fawn' all over them?

Aside from Media Moguls profiteering, and in the case of the UK at least, tourism, how do the Royal family actually help / or benefit, the average UK resident.?....Assuming the average resident contributes to the Royal family's wealth via taxes and these odd Medieval concepts of 'Duchies'? (Duchy of Cornwall?)...

Anyway, most likely my ignorance, and in any case no one has adequately explained it to me. No matter for me, unless someone can point out how this idea of 'Royal Families' be they in Europe or the Far East benefit me in any way?

If no benefit....why not be a Republic?......(OK, well the incumbent of the current greatest Republic on Earth may have answered that.... :/ )