The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

#2021 Post by Boac » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:12 am

Poor Meghan has just remembered she DID brief the media..............so much on her mind, I guess. I can see some even richer lawyers.

limeygal
Capt
Capt

#2022 Post by limeygal » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:41 am

Bob2s-If only that were true! :-bd

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2023 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:50 pm

Meghan apologizes to U.K. court for forgetting book discussion

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/megh ... s-rcna5216

LONDON — Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex has apologized for misleading a British court about the extent of her cooperation with the authors of a sympathetic book about her and Prince Harry.

The royal is embroiled in legal action in London over a newspaper’s publication of portions of a letter she wrote to her estranged father after her 2018 marriage to Harry, a grandson of Queen Elizabeth II.

The former Meghan Markle sued the publisher of the Mail on Sunday and the MailOnline website for breach of privacy and copyright. A High Court judge ruled in her favor in February, saying publication of the letter Meghan wrote to her father, Thomas Markle, was “manifestly excessive and hence unlawful.”

Publisher Associated Newspapers is trying to overturn that decision at the Court of Appeal. The publisher argues that Meghan wrote the letter knowing it might be published and made private information public by cooperating with Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, authors of “Finding Freedom.”

The duchess’ lawyers have previously denied that she or Harry collaborated with the authors. But the couple’s former communications director, Jason Knauf, said in evidence to the court that he gave the writers information, and discussed it with Harry and Meghan.

2021 Salute To Freedom Gala
The Duchess of Sussex honored veterans in New York on Wednesday night. Dia Dipasupil / Getty Images
In a witness statement, Knauf said the book was “discussed directly with the duchess multiple times in person and over email.” Emails released as part of Knauf’s statement showed he also emailed Harry to discuss the book and to say he would meet the authors.

Knauf said Harry replied: “I totally agree that we have to be able to say we didn’t have anything to do with it. Equally, you giving the right context and background to them would help get some truths out there.”

In a witness statement made public on Wednesday, Meghan accepted “that Mr. Knauf did provide some information to the authors for the book and that he did so with my knowledge, for a meeting that he planned for with the authors in his capacity as communications secretary.” She added that “the extent of the information he shared is unknown to me.”

The duchess said she did not remember the discussions with Knauf when she gave evidence earlier in the case, “and I apologize to the court for the fact that I had not remembered these exchanges at the time.”

“I had absolutely no wish or intention to mislead the defendant or the court,” she said.

Associated Newspapers says Knauf’s evidence also undermines Meghan’s claim that she did not intend the letter to be seen by anyone but her father.

In his witness statement, Knauf said the duchess “asked me to review the text of the letter, saying ‘obviously everything I have drafted is with the understanding that it could be leaked.’”

Knauf said Meghan asked whether she should address her father in the letter as “Daddy,” adding that “in the unfortunate event that it leaked, it would pull at the heartstrings.”

PP

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2024 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Be popcorn and beer time if she has to appear in court to be cross-examined.

One for the legal beagles - has she committed perjury in making a mis-leading statement to a court?
It's always my fault - SWMBO

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2025 Post by OFSO » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:17 pm

What does one hear about Harry wanting to sever ties with Netflix?

Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

#2026 Post by Ex-Ascot » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:43 am

Now the BBC have blown it. Well The Director General (DG) can forget his knighthood. All three senior Houesholds have complained. The producer is an anti Royalist NR. The DG is on £500,000 a year. To the Tower with him.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

EA01
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2027 Post by EA01 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:18 pm

Now the BBC have blown it. Well The Director General (DG) can forget his knighthood. All three senior Houesholds have complained. The producer is an anti Royalist NR. The DG is on £500,000 a year. To the Tower with him.

?? Who what where about whom?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2028 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:32 pm

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2029 Post by om15 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:33 pm

The royal households have taken the rare step of issuing a joint statement criticising the BBC for giving credibility to “overblown and unfounded claims” in a documentary aired on Monday night.

The first episode of the two-part The Princes And The Press programme, presented by Amol Rajan, explored the relationship of the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex with the media, including suggestions of royal sources briefing journalists behind the scenes.

In a statement given to the BBC, and shown at the end of the programme, Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace said: “A free, responsible and open press is of vital importance to a healthy democracy.

“However, too often it is overblown and unfounded claims from unnamed sources that are presented as facts and it is disappointing when anyone, including the BBC, gives them credibility.”
The Queen is said to be 'upset' over a new BBC documentary about alleged warring between members of the Royal Family .

The Palace is reportedly angry with the corporation who are said to have refused to let it watch The Princes And The Press before it is aired on BBC2 on Monday.

It is claimed the programme will hint that William and Harry - or their advisers - planted smears against each other in the media.

According to the Mail on Sunday the Palace has warned it will no longer co-operate with future BBC projects unless it is given a right to respond.

The three most senior Royals are said to have joined together to complain to the BBC and allegedly carry out a ‘tri-household’ boycott if it goes ahead with the programme without letting courtiers see it first
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/roya ... 67693.html

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2030 Post by om15 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Amol Rajan was born in Calcutta, India, to a mother from Pune and a Tamil father from Kumbakonam, however his wikki entry describes him as a British journalist, he a declared republican who once branded the royal family as “absurd” and the media as a “propaganda outlet” for the monarchy."

Welcome to the new normal.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2031 Post by 4mastacker » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:04 pm

The BBC finding out the hard way not to mess with 'The Firm'?

William and Kate choose ITV.

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2032 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:34 pm

Oh if only this was true.....today's Daily Telegraph.....
matt.JPG
matt.JPG (51.14 KiB) Viewed 541 times
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2033 Post by PHXPhlyer » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Harry and Meghan share first picture of daughter Lilibet in holiday card

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/23/uk/harry ... index.html

London (CNN)Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex shared the first photo of their daughter, Lilibet "Lili" Diana, as part of their 2021 holiday card, released six months after she was born.

Meghan is seen happily holding Lilibet in the air, while Harry balances their son Archie on his lap in the image, taken by photographer Alexi Lubomirski.
"This year, 2021, we welcomed our daughter, Lilibet, to the world," the couple wrote on the front of the card. "Archie made us a 'Mama' and a 'Papa,' and Lili made us a family."
Meghan gave birth to Lilibet -- named after her great grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, who goes by that nickname -- in a Santa Barbara hospital in June this year.
The royal pair then explained that they were donating money this year to several organizations "that honor and protect families," including those that focus on Afghan resettlement, and organizations supporting paid parental leave in the US.
Christmas is looking a little different for the British royal family this year due to the surge in Omicron cases in the UK.
Harry's grandmother Queen Elizabeth II will be joined by Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall on Christmas at Windsor Castle, changing her plans due to the increase in cases.
In a typical year, the Queen travels to her country estate of Sandringham for the family's annual Christmas retreat.
But in recent weeks, the palace has been taking added precautions due to coronavirus, including canceling a pre-Christmas lunch that the monarch typically hosts for extended family.

Can't get pic to post. ~X(
Use link.

PP

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2034 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:52 pm

Shame that kids can't choose their parents.

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2035 Post by 4mastacker » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:08 am

Kate shows her class.

You cant buy that, can you Meggsy? Mememegain will be smashing things and hurling Harry about the place. She's not merely been outshone, but totally eclipsed.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2036 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:45 am

I wonder if that programme was broadcast overseas? If you see whit I mean.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2037 Post by llondel » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Karearea
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2038 Post by Karearea » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:05 pm

A comment in the DM, conjures up a hilarious vision:
Meghan's One Man Band will be along in time for new year.
And with the morn, those angel faces smile...

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2039 Post by 1DC » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Megxit will soon become a brilliant classical pianist but the difference will be you will never see her hands or the keyboard!!

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#2040 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:20 pm

Brilliant