Andrew to the Tower?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Ex-Ascot
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

Re: Andrew to the Tower?

#421 Post by Ex-Ascot » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:03 am

See HRH PC is going to 'lend' him a load of dosh. Hope he slams a good hefty interest rate on it.
'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.' Sir Winston Churchill.

1DC
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#422 Post by 1DC » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:36 pm

Do the Yorks ever pay for anything?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#423 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:31 pm

1DC wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:36 pm
Do the Yorks ever pay for anything?
Not if they can help it.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#424 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:38 pm

Now that Epstein is out of the picture, financially, the Duke and Duchess of Pork really ought to start learning how to live within their ample means.

They really are a bloody disgrace to the whole German family.

Harry has got an excuse for his rotten behaviour because he's not a close blood relative to any of 'em, but Andrew really is the son of his mother, albeit not the son of the late Philip.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#425 Post by Rossian » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:20 pm

Who IS his Daddy then UP? Don't tell me to broaden my horizons, just give us the hard facts of who his dad REALLY is.

The Ancient Mariner

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#426 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:39 pm

Rossian wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:20 pm
Who IS his Daddy then UP? Don't tell me to broaden my horizons, just give us the hard facts of who his dad REALLY is.

The Ancient Mariner
Porchester.

Rossian
Capt
Capt

#427 Post by Rossian » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:39 pm

And you know this for sure, absolutely a fact?? Really??

The Ancient Mariner

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#428 Post by OFSO » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:13 pm

Yes, my dear departed Mother-in-Law who knew Absolutely Everything and had Connections always said Porchester was the father.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#429 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:39 pm

I guess that having a variety of fathers avoided in-breeding.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#430 Post by Undried Plum » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:52 pm

Yes, Rossian. I do know who the natural father was. Harry was an excellent fellow. I met him a couple of times in the aviation context.

The facial resemblance between him and Andrew only increases with the passing of time. It is notable that there is exactly zero resemblance between Philip and Andrew.

Harry Wales is another one who bears no facial resemblance to his adoptive father.

Seenenough

#431 Post by Seenenough » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:52 am

Undried Plum wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:52 pm

The facial resemblance between him and Andrew only increases with the passing of time. It is notable that there is exactly zero resemblance between Philip and Andrew.
So Plum,are you telling us that your personal observations make it a fact?

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#432 Post by PHXPhlyer » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:35 am

Prince Andrew has paid settlement to Virginia Giuffre, according to her attorney

By Lauren del Valle, CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/08/us/princ ... index.html
Prince Andrew has paid a settlement to sexual abuse accuser Virginia Giuffre, according to her attorney, and a US district judge agreed Tuesday to dismiss her lawsuit against the Duke of York.

“The payment was received, the settlement we announced last month has been completed. We are obviously very pleased with the outcome,” Giuffre attorney David Boies told CNN.

Boies would not disclose the amount the two parties agreed upon.

CNN reached out to counsel for Prince Andrew for comment.

After the payment was made, attorneys for both parties filed a stipulation for the lawsuit to be dismissed with prejudice, meaning Giuffre cannot refile the claim in the same district court in New York.

The settlement brings to a close a civil lawsuit that sprung from the sprawling and disturbing allegations against Jeffrey Epstein, the wealthy sex offender who befriended a series of powerful men despite a sketchy history.

In the lawsuit, Giuffre alleged Epstein trafficked her and forced her to have sex with his friends, including Prince Andrew, and that Andrew was aware she was underage in the US at the time. She alleged Andrew sexually abused her at Epstein’s private island in the US Virgin Islands, at his mansion in Manhattan and at his former girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell’s home in London.

A photograph appearing to show Prince Andrew with Jeffrey Epstein's accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre and, in the background, Ghislaine Maxwell.
Prince Andrew and Virginia Giuffre agree to settle sex abuse lawsuit
The prince has repeatedly denied wrongdoing. Still, the allegations against Andrew, 62, dramatically tarnished his public standing, and he stepped back from royal duties in late 2019.

In January, US District Judge Lewis Kaplan denied Andrew’s motion to dismiss the lawsuit, and he had been scheduled to give a statement under oath on March 10, a source told CNN.

However, the parties reached an out-of-court settlement agreement last month. The settlement included Prince Andrew’s payment of an undisclosed amount to Giuffre and to her charity supporting victims’ rights, according to court documents.

“Prince Andrew intends to make a substantial donation to Ms. Giuffre’s charity in support of victims’ rights. Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms. Giuffre’s character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks,” according to a letter filed to the court last month announcing the settlement.

Epstein was indicted on federal sex trafficking charges in July 2019 as prosecutors accused him of carrying out a decades long scheme of sexual abuse of underage girls. He died by suicide in jail before he could face trial.

Maxwell was arrested in 2020 and accused of facilitating the abuse scheme. A federal jury convicted her in December on five federal counts, including sex trafficking a minor and conspiracy. However, that conviction could be upended as the court weighs concerns about a juror’s false statements on his questionnaire.

PP

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#433 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:57 am

Seenenough wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:52 am
So Plum,are you telling us that your personal observations make it a fact?
My personal observations are of fact.

Over the decades I've been involved in the breeding of sheep, horses and dogs. I've learned that offspring tend to show physical characteristics of both parents, not one.

From my personal experience of having seen both Andrew and his natural father at close quarters, I observe the fact that there is a remarkable resemblance between them. I see no such resemblance between Andrew and Philip.

Similarly with Harry. I've seen him and his half-brother and his half-brother's father side by side. I combine my knowledge of what they look like with my knowledge of how mammalian genetics work, to form my knowledge.

I prefer to take my knowledge and my experience as being more reliable than the sort of crap you'll find in the Daily Wail or the Tory Dailygraph.

Seenenough

#434 Post by Seenenough » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:43 pm

So Plum, your opinion is that your opinion would be able to stand up in a court of law as irrefutable proof of the fact that Phillip was not Andrew's father.

Are you aware of any DNA test that was performed to test who was or was not his father?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#435 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:39 pm

Do you honestly believe that anyone in that family would subject themselves to a DNA test?

Who would want such a test anyway? Why would someone demand such a test? Prurience?

It's not as if it would affect the line of succession. There's no doubt that Wingnut is the son of Philip and there's no doubt that William is the son of Wingnut and that George is the son of the royal Willy.

Andrew and Harry are aberrations, of no constitutional significance whatsoever.

Seenenough

#436 Post by Seenenough » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:47 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:39 pm
Do you honestly believe that anyone in that family would subject themselves to a DNA test?

Who would want such a test anyway? Why would someone demand such a test? Prurience?
So Plum,in the absence of such a DNA test, any opinion you have as to who Andrew's father is, remains speculative and subjective.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#437 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:55 pm

Yes, in your opinion. Just like my opinion that the Earth approximates to an oblate spheroid and is not flat.

If Philip was Andrew's father and if Chuck was Harry's father, then I'm a monkey's uncle. D'you want a DNA test for that too?

Seenenough

#438 Post by Seenenough » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:10 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:55 pm

..... if Chuck was Harry's father, then I'm a monkey's uncle.
The same applies Plumb if there is no DNA test that proves Harry is not Charles' son.Your opinion of who Harry's father is as a result ,is just another of your speculative and subjective opinions.

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#439 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:35 pm

Ever heard of the Duck Test?

You really don't need a DNA test to tell the difference between a duck and a goose if you know what you're talking about. It's not a matter of 'opinion'.

Seenenough

#440 Post by Seenenough » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:43 pm

Undried Plum wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:35 pm
Ever heard of the Duck Test?

You really don't need a DNA test to tell the difference between a duck and a goose if you know what you're talking about. It's not a matter of 'opinion'.
In this case Plumb,we are talking about human beings alone and not different species of birds.

Have you been tested yet to show that you are not a Monkey's Uncle?

BTW regarding ducks and geese breeding the Goog says

Can Ducks And Geese Mate?

Can a duck mate with a goose? Crossbreeding between different species has led to interesting outcomes. Mule is the result of interbreeding between different species. It is technically possible that the ducks and geese can mate however it rarely happens. Every species wants to mate with someone of their own species, breed, size, build, characteristics, and traits.