Andrew to the Tower?

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Capetonian

Re: Andrew to the Tower?

#21 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:43 am

This Andrew ****q really does resemble his natural father, whom I've met in an aviation context. The father was a thoroughly good sort of cove. His son is just an arsehole.
Excuse my ignorance, I don't know much about the Royal Family, but I thought he was the progeny of HM QE and HRH Prince Philip. If so, why are you referring to the father in the past tense?
Am I missing something here?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#22 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:48 am

Capetonian wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:43 am
Excuse my ignorance, I don't know much about the Royal Family, but I thought he was the progeny of HM QE and HRH Prince Philip. If so, why are you referring to the father in the past tense?
Am I missing something here?
Perhaps what once was is no longer anymore. As we all know Prince Philip is still alive, albeit a lot older, so perhaps the door is opened in this tense to the possibility that the human personality can also change over time.

One shouldn't judge the son by the father or the father by the son, but Andrew is a wretch of a man.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#23 Post by Undried Plum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:27 pm

I was referring to Porchester, not Philip.

Porchester, who was a well known face around GA in the UK, died a few years ago.

Capetonian

#24 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:37 pm

Oh well, never heard of him.
Are you implying that the Queen had an affair with whoever this person is? I somehow doubt it but who knows?
It all becomes rather murky.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#25 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:48 pm

Henry George Reginald Molyneux Herbert, 7th Earl of Carnarvon, KCVO, KBE, DL, was a British peer and racing manager to Queen Elizabeth II from 1969. He was the only son of The 6th Earl of Carnarvon by his first wife Catherine Wendell. Wikipedia
Born: 19 January 1924, Lancaster Gate, London
Died: 11 September 2001, Winchester
Other titles: Lord Porchester

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#26 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 pm

18 Nov 2019 · In the late 1950s, it was suggested Porchie might be the father of Prince Andrew, who was born on February 19, 1960. However, the rumours were false as Andrew was conceived after Philip's homecoming from an overseas tour. For the Queen there was only ever Prince Philip - as Porchie puts it in the Crown.

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, KG, GCVO, CD, ADC(P) is a member of the British royal family. He is ... Prince Andrew was born in the Belgian Suite of ...
Born: 19 February 1960 (age 59); Buckingham Palace, London

Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, KG, GCVO, CD, ADC(P) is the youngest of four children and the ... Prince Edward was born on 10 March 1964, at Buckingham ...
Born: 10 March 1964 (age 55); Buckingham Palace, London, England

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#27 Post by Pontius Navigator » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Talking of which, his 60th might be a bit quiet? Private party at Pizza Express?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#28 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:19 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:48 pm
Henry George Reginald Molyneux Herbert, 7th Earl of Carnarvon, KCVO, KBE, DL, was a British peer and racing manager to Queen Elizabeth II from 1969. He was the only son of The 6th Earl of Carnarvon by his first wife Catherine Wendell. Wikipedia
Born: 19 January 1924, Lancaster Gate, London
Died: 11 September 2001, Winchester
Other titles: Lord Porchester
"Like his father, Carnarvon (then known by his courtesy title Lord Porchester) fell in love with an Anglo-American, Jean Margaret Wallop (1935–2019), of Big Horn, Wyoming.The Wallop family were also members of the English nobility not far from the Earls of Carnarvon. The head of the Wallop family is the Earl of Portsmouth. The two were married on 7 January 1956 in St. James' Episcopal Church in New York City..." - Wikipedia

Something out of a Mervyn Peake grotesquerie. Ghormenghast had nothing on these people... =))

Jean Wallop of Big Horn. One can imagine the photograph in The Tatler. A large girl in pearls with a silly hat, with a pale forearm as hefty as that of a navvy... good breeding stock... =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#29 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Jean Wallop of Big Horn

Widow of the 7th Earl of Carnarvon and custodian of Highclere Castle, more famously known as 'Downton Abbey'.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#30 Post by OFSO » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:27 pm

I'm keeping schtum.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#31 Post by barkingmad » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:58 pm

Having just watched, with increasing disbelief, a recording of the 2-part BBC2 program “Exposed: The Church’s Darkest Secret”, originally shown 13th & 14th Jan this year, it reminded me of the relationship between Randy Andy & Epstein and the friendship between Charles and the convicted Right Reverend Bishop Peter Ball.
Is the current UK monarchy incapable of better choices of friends or have they been dropped in it well & truly by the Establishment who cling to their coat-tails for continued existence?

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#32 Post by llondel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:08 pm

I suspect the reason is that such people have always attempted to associate with those at the top as a form of protection and are capable of impeccable behaviour when it's required. I'm sure you can find dubious characters all through history. Even one James Savile of recent memory, was apparently very good and did a lot for others until it became apparent that he wasn't so wonderful. A hundred years ago it would have been way harder for stories to spread wide enough to gain traction unless the miscreant screwed up badly, but with the internet it's quiet easy to start a rumour now and have others come forward to substantiate it at least to the point where someone officially takes notice.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#33 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:27 pm

As an aside, why is it that, despite growing up in a CofE environment - Catholic children went to separate schools (primary and secondary) and I only knew one Catholic child (because she was excused 'assembly' at my grammar school as it had a prayer or maybe even a hymn) - why is it that I heard stories of paedophilia (or, at least, 'abuse' by Catholic priests)?
It seemed to be a given - or was it just negative propaganda?
What I am suggesting is that when stories of misbehaviour by Catholic priests emerge many years later, I wasn't in the least surprised - I thought that was accepted as 'what they did'.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#34 Post by Boac » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:03 am

Sadly, G-CPTN, not just the Catholic church? Stories and trials unfortunately abound for CofE too.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#35 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:09 am

And not just the Church. Talk to the "Me Too's"

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#36 Post by G-CPTN » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#37 Post by Boac » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Porkies about porkies, in fact?

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#38 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:45 pm

It appears that Andrew's temporary withdrawal from public life is to be made permanent.
Prince Andrew ‘to permanently retire from royal life’.
The question remains - how will he finance his life without a job?
I don't suppose that he qualifies for Universal Credit- insufficient stamps . . . (National Insurance)
Will he depend on HM to continue to bail him out and provide a salary?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#39 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:17 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:45 pm
It appears that Andrew's temporary withdrawal from public life is to be made permanent.
Prince Andrew ‘to permanently retire from royal life’.
The question remains - how will he finance his life without a job?
I don't suppose that he qualifies for Universal Credit- insufficient stamps . . . (National Insurance)
Will he depend on HM to continue to bail him out and provide a salary?
Time to roll out barkingmad's execution machine. Rustle up a large basket, to catch Andrew's big but empty head, a large restless crowd of English peasants, mix in a soupcon of crones, and sundry village idiots, summon ice cream, hot dog and burger vans and let's have ourselves a public beheading.

It can be classed as a mercy killing.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#40 Post by Boac » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Far more fun to somehow keep him in the public gaze (at no expense, of course). Maybe he could start a video blog?