Chaos in Oireland.

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Chaos in Oireland.

#41 Post by barkingmad » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Finally, south of the Border, are they going to wake up with an awful post-Guinness hangover and realise the train coming down the tracks with no brakes?

It’s a pity this print into voice software cannot get it’s electronic tongue around the term for the Oirish gaffer. For those who find it impossible, it’s pronounced “tea shock”, so that’ll get you by in a Dublin pub.

What are they going to say when the €2,000,000,000 annual bill hits the letterbox of the Oirish awareness?

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#42 Post by ian16th » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:14 pm

The Republic rode into the EU on the back of the UK's application.

They should have rode out on the back of Brexit!
Cynicism improves with age

Bob
Capt
Capt

#43 Post by Bob » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:59 pm

What are they going to say when the €2,000,000,000 annual bill hits the letterbox of the Oirish awareness?
Going on past form I imagine they'll blame the English and **** off somewhere else to live
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#44 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:22 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Very dramatic barkingmad.

I suspect that Ireland will manage perfectly well without those "bliksems" called the English (oh yes, and some demented Welsh and a couple of "simple" Scots)...

I see, as usual, you have a most lurid YouTube source for your pro Brexit dramatis personae!

What happened to your favourite taxi driver? =))

The only tragedy I see in that image is the buffoon (not even bouffant), aka, the "lazy, lying slug Johnson".

I suspect that most of the EU is happy to say GBYMFYOYO to the UK by now...

Goodbye you mother ****, you're on your own
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#45 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:41 pm

It seems in Dublin like the shiny new 3-party proceedings are getting off to a fine start;

https://www.irishpost.com/news/green-pa ... -up-189319

It's possible it was either an unbelievably boring session or maybe the trace quantities of a wee pint or three was affecting his concentration.

That's gonna be a difficult one for 't Greens to live down...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#46 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:08 pm

How will Oireland manage without those “bliksems” (whatever they are)?

As previously reported on this little watched thread it appears that the rumbling from the rails is giving way to the headlamps of the approaching train.

Paddy, Seamus and Bridget are not going to be impressed by the outstretched begging hand of Brussels demanding €3,201 from every person in the ROI. The figure is twice that of the Krauts’ contribution so watch this space for the Irexit movement to be gathering momentum if/when the news leaks out past the Oirish MSM.

Some reading material for Bridget and Paddy, having woken up to the nightmare which didn’t disappear with consciousness;

https://www.tasc.ie/assets/files/pdf/ir ... eu_noc.pdf

And finally, does this sound familiar, having been laughed out of the house only a few years ago?

https://www.irishfreedom.ie/

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#47 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:38 pm

oo-err, missus. I hear a loud sound of things Euro unravelling

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#48 Post by barkingmad » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:53 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:38 pm
oo-err, missus. I hear a loud sound of things Euro unravelling
Please don’t say that! I have a pot of Euros which I was awaiting to reach parity with £s sterling. Based on the Brexit roof falling in, I was then going to exchange it and hopefully get like for like and not lose due to an earlier exchange at a worse rate.

Now it appears that the € will never reach parity with the £ so it’s a waiting game to see what happens towards year end. :-o

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#49 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:16 pm

I see 'Lester the taxi' has calculated 16Billion Euros net to come from Eire into the EU for this 'fund'. Do we know how much per head that comes to?

I remain blissfully ignorant on what the EU has done for member states as a rescue package - has any money come from the EU so far to Eire to help the unemployment etc costs? If not, then this huge bill will be on top of whatever the Irish government cough up.

So, my cunning plan looks better with every passing moment. Eire crashes out of the EU, avoids this bill and WE no longer need to build that 'beautiful wall' in the Irish sea. Sorted. Simples. My peerage awaits. I have the Ermine shreddies on order.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#50 Post by llondel » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:16 pm
I see 'Lester the taxi' has calculated 16Billion Euros net to come from Eire into the EU for this 'fund'. Do we know how much per head that comes to?
He mentions it somewhere in there, something over €3000 per head, I think (not wanting to go back and listen again).

As an aside, seems I did remember how to generate a Euro symbol on this keyboard.

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#51 Post by Boac » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:29 pm

Yes, 3201 I think, but I am not clear whether that is the 'net' or the 'gross' figure (I'm sure BM will consider it 'gross'...)

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#52 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:38 pm

llondel wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:21 pm
He mentions it somewhere in there, something over €3000 per head, I think (not wanting to go back and listen again).
Does that have any immediate direct effect on the populace? - or is just added to the €42,000-odd figure that will never be repaid?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#53 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:30 am

Until recently I believed it was only the administrations of NornIron, Jockistan, Wales and England who were making a prize foulup of Covid-1984 precautions.

Sadly the Emerald Isle has just starred in one such 'precaution' which will make disease spread more rather than less likely:

https://gript.ie/vintners-hey-maybe-we- ... n-alcohol/

And this apart from the fury of having the pub shut and all that it entails for folks' sanity...

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#54 Post by barkingmad » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:10 am

Meanwhile, in a land far far away from Brussels and Westminster it’s pleasant to read about something other than terrorism and Bogtrotter politics;

“The atmosphere in Derry is very close to normal now. People are chatting and friendly, and even though cafes, etc. have fewer seats, the ones that are open are quite busy.

Last week there was a brief flurry of mask wearing, but it seems to have died down. About a third of people wear them in Marks and Spencer Food (that middle class virtue signalling is everywhere!) and a much lower percentage elsewhere. Staff in (NI) aren’t wearing masks, but south of the Border (e.g. in a really good cafe called Tank and Skinny’s), they do have to. The South seems to be going backwards very badly, having initially been getting better.

Talking to people here, there is a great deal of scepticism about the disease and the response. I get the impression from Lockdown Sceptics and my friends in England that the atmosphere is a lot more Stasi-like over there, so we are all very glad to be here!

There are a few other local peculiarities which help.

The history of the Troubles mean that the police are very wary of giving any excuse for a riot, so they were pretty light touch even during the worst of the lockdown. The Troubles also mean people are much less trusting of the media and the Government anyway, especially on the Nationalist side of the fence.

There is also a sense in Ireland, North and South, that people are entitled to their view (apart from that obnoxious and tiny minority which has caused most of the trouble over the years), which doesn’t come over in the media at all, and does make daily life a lot less Orwellian than, say, undergraduate studies at Oxford…

On the downside, the public sector is basically completely inert here just like everywhere else.

As well as that, the economic impact of the lockdown is increasingly visible. It is clear many of the shops, cafes and restaurants won’t be re-opening, possibly ever, and from my own perspective trying to get a new tax consultancy business off the ground, not being able to meet people face to face has not been good news.

It’s hardly the biggest problem caused by the lockdown, but I suspect in aggregate it will hit new businesses disproportionately and so hamper the recovery. Certainly, from my own experience things were going very well up to lockdown, and then went into the deep freeze and have been slow to come back out again. Many people thought in June we would be back to normal by September, but we all now think it’s going to be the New Year before the nonsense stops.

Anyway, overall things are about as good as they can be here, and if people wanted to visit somewhere in the UK with nice scenery, nice people and the same very little to do as everywhere else, they could do a lot worse!” :-bd

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#55 Post by barkingmad » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:10 am

It seems ‘smoothiechops’ Varadkar might have chosen a good time for a coalition to take the grief after this particular train hurtles down the tracks closely following the one previously mentioned here;

Apparently they haven’t yet woken up over there to the looming disaster, or if they have then the press there are keeping a tight lid on any bad news just in case.

And when it all turns sour how will the revolutionaries hiding south of the Border take this reduction in their living standards?

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#56 Post by barkingmad » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Award one BIG Smartie point to the Republic of Oireland for their passport replacement service during Covid-1984 and the plague of locusts, frogs and whatever else has paralysed the English Passport Service for the last few months.

Last Monday I went and had my awful e-image captured for the purpose, there then followed a straight forwards online application for a replacement for my nearly 10 years old ROI passport plus an ID card which is a miniature Credit Card sized card which enables me to travel in, to and from enemy territory of the EUSSR and is a replica of the mugshot and other bits page of the passport.

Having settled back to wait for a few weeks, imagine my surprise when UK postman turned up yesterday, Friday, with the new replacement and the ID card to follow under separate post?!

Yet here in Blighty, Nigel Farage is highlighting the 48,000 illegals currently being looked after by our (UK) taxpayers’ dosh whilst the Civil Servants’ Union pisses about arguing over whether it is safe to return to work, as a result of which many holiday, wedding and visiting-dying-relatives plans have come asunder.

Maybe time for the”Blade” to make it’s appearance soon ‘pour decourager les autres”?!

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#57 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:27 pm

barkingmad wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:06 pm
Having settled back to wait for a few weeks, imagine my surprise when UK postman turned up yesterday, Friday, with the new replacement and the ID card to follow under separate post?!
That's because it is managed by Huawei. :D

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#58 Post by barkingmad » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 am

G-CPTN wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:27 pm
barkingmad wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:06 pm
That's because it is managed by Huawei. :D
Oh, goody! I’m famous at last after all these years of anonymity!

Will the Chinese then refuse me permission to buy their Wild Pacific Salmon after what I’ve said about them? :((

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#59 Post by barkingmad » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:21 pm

Ooooh dear! Sounds as if Mehaul and his mates in coalition have been fashioning the same pig’s ear out of their figures as have the English BoJo & Hancock team.

No need to trawl through all 35 pages if you’re not that fussed, the summary at the beginning says it all;

https://www.hiqa.ie/sites/default/files ... emic_0.pdf

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#60 Post by barkingmad » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:00 am

Coronavirus: 'Reckless scenes' at Dublin venue criticised https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53801230

I suppose that’s one way to avoid the use of glasses for drinking, with the associated transmission risk?

But, shock and horror, 200 more cases identified in one day, the world will end shortly, so better get round to the Craggy Island church and make one’s last confession to Father Jack.

In a population of 4,944,255 that makes the risk as 1/24,721 so maybe just go back to the venue and enjoy what’s left of ‘life’..? ~X(

P S. I note with interest the video in posts 41 & 44 is no longer accessible so there’s something the Oirish authorities don’t want Paddy & Bridget finding out in case it affects future election results.

The old USSR has taught our authorities in the West some valuable lessons in censorship which we are constantly refining? [-X