War in Australia - Australian Politics

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: War in Australia - Australian Politics

#761 Post by Fliegenmong » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:21 pm

Ha!...post 750, only watched a fraction of it Slash...I may agree more...but she is a direct rip off of 'Jenna Marbles' from 10 years ago...Kinda like Steve Vizard ripping off David Letterman...sorry mate, couldn't follow through such plagarism in style..
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Slasher

#762 Post by Slasher » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:08 pm

True Fliegs....almost every one of these kids follow the same method and presentation of internet delivery. But according to Ap she's quite normal in real life (FaceTime).

What got me laughing was the cancellation of fireworks and entertainment in Sydney for Australia Day, just so 2,000 NSW boongs (and not full bloods at that) don't get "offended". That's inane and worthy of derision. Remember the Bicentennial where the ALP loony Left said everyone should feel "guilty" about something that happened 200 bloody years ago? Same deal.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#763 Post by prospector » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 pm

What happened many many years ago is now getting to be very important. How else are the Democrat politicians going to figure out how to pay the reparations to be paid to the descendants of the slaves??

Slasher

#764 Post by Slasher » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:06 am

prospector wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 pm

I think you meant that for the US Hamster Wheel thread prospector.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#765 Post by prospector » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:14 am

Yes, it was meant for the US hampster Wheel, but I do not know how to transfer or delete it. Then I decided that if the personnel named were changed to Australian, or even New Zealand equivalents it would be just as accurate.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#766 Post by Fliegenmong » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:30 am

Yeah..know what you mean Slash...they have a indiginous vs white (?) Rugby league game down here (Dunno if its still on or not)...but the thing is half the indigenous side are blue eyed blondes...WTF? ...And anyway it occurs to me that making a spectacle out of peoples differences does nothing to achieve what they hope for, just emphasises differences I would have thought.

Same as a demand for 'Equality' in same sex marriages..well, now you have equalitu...why hold a Mardi Gras?...to celebrate your difference/...but you wanted equality...classic cake & eat it to!
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Sisemen

#767 Post by Sisemen » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:13 pm

This ought to belong on the jokes page. Unfortunately it’s not a joke.
0209E7F3-1090-4DA9-9A43-6C865D7A4A05.jpeg
0209E7F3-1090-4DA9-9A43-6C865D7A4A05.jpeg (71.25 KiB) Viewed 439 times

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#768 Post by BenThere » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Double Plus Ungood.

Sisemen

#769 Post by Sisemen » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:00 am

Saint Jacinta of the Blessed Tooth Fairy has been telling Australia what to do again and tells us that we cannot guarantee the friendship between the two countries. What’s she going to do? Send their Air Force to impose their will?

Fortunately, despite John Hill’s adoration of the woman, most NZ citizens have a brain....
52B3DF23-3A18-4B05-B7DB-6FB2880D925E.jpeg
52B3DF23-3A18-4B05-B7DB-6FB2880D925E.jpeg (55.93 KiB) Viewed 413 times

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#770 Post by John Hill » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:25 am

Sisemen wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:00 am
Saint Jacinta of the Blessed Tooth Fairy has been telling Australia what to do again and tells us that we cannot guarantee the friendship between the two countries. What’s she going to do? Send their Air Force to impose their will?
You must have a weird notion of the Aus/NZ relations if you think they are based on who has the biggest air force. :(
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

Sisemen

#771 Post by Sisemen » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:44 am

Missed the point entirely John. But that’s only to be expected.

Slasher

#772 Post by Slasher » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:50 am

Unless Oz is desperate for sheep, it wouldn't want a military brawl with NZ anyway. And besides it would ruin the NZ meat exporting market (best beef on the planet 👍🏻).

I couldn't care a rat's bumhole what the skinny toothful hijab'd one says. As long as Kiwi steaks keep reaching Thailand she can waffle on with meaningless crap as much as she likes.

prospector
Capt
Capt

#773 Post by prospector » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 am

She is now stuck in Oz until alternative flight can be arranged. Our Air Farce 757 gone U/S

Sisemen

#774 Post by Sisemen » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 am

Fark!! I’ll get me tinny out if it’ll get her away faster.

Sat-U Lag-I
PPL
PPL

#775 Post by Sat-U Lag-I » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:22 pm

Well, Slasher. Paranoia and substance abuse often go hand in hand. As does gobbeldygook apparently.

Acceptance is the first step towards recovery. A place to start is here.

Slasher

#776 Post by Slasher » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:25 am

Sise and bob2s you might be interested in this:

In your case Siseman maybe the Yay of Tood has been spared this Eastern States crap?

Sisemen

#777 Post by Sisemen » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:29 am

It’ll come! Right now we’re up to our necks in dealing with Council and Shire dysfunction, corruption and everything!

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#778 Post by BenThere » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:17 pm

I've got the same bins in Michigan. The big bin is for recyclables and the smaller bin is for trash. I left California in 2004 and we had the same thing there, five years ahead of Michigan. As it happened, my next door neighbor in Yuba City, California was the head of our county's trash collection, recycling, and landfill operation. In fact, he bought my pickup truck for his personal use when I decided to exit California for good.

We once had a conversation where I complained about my trash collection fees rising from $10 to $40/month after I got my new disposal bins. He said that was to pay for the cost of the bins and the equipment, trucks and such, his operation had to buy to be able to collect the weekly pickup of what we put out on the street. So we all dutifully sorted the items into their proper bins to help save the planet.

Then he told me that for now all the collections, recyclables and other, went straight to the landfills as the county didn't have the capability to process the recyclables. My response was to have our prison inmates do the sorting and gleaning of the trash for processing, one taking out the recyclable metals, another taking out the plastics, another taking out the paper and wood products. They could then earn a portion of the proceeds and hopefully get some work ethic out of the experience and maybe even pay some restitution to the victims of their crimes and the cost of housing and feeding them. He seemed to like the idea but saw government obstacles to implementing it, like you can't make prisoners work, you would have to have a whole accounting department to handle the payments and I just have five employees in my office. So all the trash goes into the landfill. The only reason we had to buy all these bins is because the California state government said we had to.

I don't know what Michigan does with the content of our recyclable bins, but I suspect it is similar.

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#779 Post by llondel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:36 pm

Where I lived in the UK they invested £5million in a big machine that sorted stuff, I think it reduced the landfill volume by 50%.

If they can't recycle stuff now then they should still sort it and bury it in categories. That way, when it is cost-effective to recycle certain things they can go dig them up again.

bob2s
Capt
Capt

#780 Post by bob2s » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:18 pm

Slasher, yes,it just shows that local councils have become another blight on the people they are elected to represent in the matter of road repairs,garbage collection,library,parks and other community services and requirements.Get rid of the bloody lot of them,one less tier of petty government interference and red tape.