War in Australia - Australian Politics

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Sisemen

Re: War in Australia - Australian Politics

#641 Post by Sisemen » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:49 am

Nah, leave them be. It’s a nice place and most of the people there, Hilly excepted, seem to have their heads screwed on the right way.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#642 Post by BenThere » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:18 pm

I caught this article this morning. Yeah, it's from Breitbart but the input is derived from The Australian. Refute the substance if you can.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... and-enron/

The fact is that governments around the world, except China, Russia, and others excused, have subsidized wind and solar power at enormous taxpayer and consumer expense. I'm all for renewables if they compete for efficiency and environmental standards in the marketplace. I do know solar and wind kill a lot of birds without regulatory or government imposed fines as a consequence. But if an oil company kills one owl or duck, EPA crucifies it and has shut down entire operations at enormous cost. And you can make the case that in the aggregate, nuclear power is the cleanest, safest, cheapest energy production platform we have. But the Greens don't like it, and they've foisted all these costs and inefficiency on all of us, falsely thinking they were saving the planet.

We were told global warming was going to wreak havoc by now, but when the globe failed to warm they had to rebrand it as climate change, which is much more difficult to refute; climate has always changed. It's all about keeping the money trough flowing from government subsidies, research grants, and mandates. That's why it's a scam, Alison.

Sisemen

#643 Post by Sisemen » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 pm

.....and every 5 years we are told that we only have 5 years to cut “carbon” to zero or we’ll all die! And the gullible hoover it up and believe fervently.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#644 Post by John Hill » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 pm

And you can make the case that in the aggregate, nuclear power is the cleanest, safest, cheapest energy production platform we have. But the Greens don't like it...

You want to blame the Greens? The self-appointed 'Leader of the Free World' decide which countries can and can not have nuclear power stations.
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#645 Post by John Hill » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Slasher wrote:Hmm...I think I might drag a Dak over the Tasman and bomb out of existence any defenses they may have.....

You are too late if you were thinking of using VH-CAN as she is already locked up in our shed, which reminds me I should load a few rounds in the 37mm Nudelman on our Mig-17, two or three would probably do the job.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#646 Post by BenThere » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 pm

You want to blame the Greens? The self-appointed 'Leader of the Free World' decide which countries can and can not have nuclear power stations.

I do blame Greens for a lot of economic damage to no appreciable benefit for their destruction. As for deciding who can have nuclear plants, I support that direction, but it's a sovereign matter. It's good for the planet, zero emissions, no carbon to the atmosphere, low cost, economics and other things considered. How you came to your 'Leader of the Free World' rant I can't follow.

Making nuclear weapons is another issue. And there are countries that I think shouldn't have nuclear weapons. For the good of the planet, of course.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#647 Post by John Hill » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:14 am

What I wrote:--

What Benny wrote:--
How you came to your 'Leader of the Free World' rant I can't follow.

Making nuclear weapons is another issue. And there are countries that I think shouldn't have nuclear weapons. For the good of the planet, of course.

Slasher

#648 Post by Slasher » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:07 am

John Hill wrote:
Slasher wrote:Hmm...I think I might drag a Dak over the Tasman and bomb out of existence any defenses they may have.....

You are too late if you were thinking of using VH-CAN as she is already locked up in our shed.

So that's where the old tin CAN ended up huh? Hmm...another reason to invade. I'll use her as my personal transport (flown by meself of course) around the Eastern Provinces.

Mr Hill you'll be excused from the 12hr shifts at the meatworks and become my personal envoy to the UN to justify my dictatorial actions in the new Provinces as Commissar. I'm sure you'll then do a good job when I let you have your glider now and then. ;)

Slasher

#649 Post by Slasher » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:57 am

Oh and I already talked to Vlad the Pute and he agreed to supply me a restored DC-3ski in return for five pallets of NZ beef and gulag rights near Invercargill. :)

IMG_6986.JPG
IMG_6986.JPG (44.49 KiB) Viewed 383 times

The MiG hangar will be taken out first followed by any sporadic areas of angry boy scouts with BB guns. That'll be the quickest blitzkreig in history. :p

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#650 Post by John Hill » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:00 am

The dual control kit has arrived so I will be able to let you take control at least part of the flight.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#651 Post by John Hill » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:05 am

Slasher wrote:The MiG hangar will be taken out first ...

Thats if our GR3 does not toast your arse before then.

Slasher

#652 Post by Slasher » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 am

A 200 pounder over the Hokitika radar site will take out any concerns about GR3s. :D

Sisemen

#653 Post by Sisemen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:22 am

XZ 129 was one of our 233 OCU birds at Wittering.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#654 Post by John Hill » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 am

Slasher wrote:A 200 pounder over the Hokitika radar site will take out any concerns about GR3s. :D

Aim carefully as the Hokitika radar site is very hard to find.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#655 Post by John Hill » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Just another day working in the Invercargill Gulag..

https://youtu.be/OwKMzIt-Hgk

Of course the trip home to Greymouth might be interesting

https://youtu.be/huhEWxW4XFE

Sisemen

#656 Post by Sisemen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 am

Start your own NZ politics page. This is A U S T R A L I A!

Slasher

#657 Post by Slasher » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:19 am

It was just a humorous diversion Sise. Oz politics and lecky bills are exceedingly depressing for many, even those of us offshore.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#658 Post by BenThere » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:51 pm

The Green Machine has chewed up a lot of prosperity, hasn't it?

Sisemen

#659 Post by Sisemen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:49 pm

As everyone said at the time, and now confirmed by no other person than Kevin Rudd, “One of my greatest regrets is appointing Wayne Swan Treasurer over the more able Lindsay Tanner. Swan was intellectually not up to the job, was a poor communicator and his parliamentary performances were an embarrassment”

Not bad for “the world’s best Treasurer” =))

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#660 Post by BenThere » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:19 pm

John Hill,

You failed to note the difference between deciding who gets nuclear power stations and who gets nuclear weapons. Re-read your own and my posts for clarification.

Besides, nations don't self-appoint themselves 'Leader of the Free World'; the rest of the world has to ratify it to make it stick. Otherwise powerless countries like NZ would constantly be appointing themselves to no effect. The best you can do is appoint yourselves the 'conscience of the Free World', or something else, like the 'Butter, Sauvignon Blanc and Sheep leader of the Free World'. Something like that might stick, for a while. Whatever.

The US is the natural leader of the free world due to military power, its economy, and the effect of history dating back to WWII and the world's perception of it. People such as yourself may not like it, but there it is, and there's not much you can do about it at this point in time except spout off on forums like this.