War in Australia - Australian Politics

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: War in Australia - Australian Politics

#701 Post by Alisoncc » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:06 am

I see the ABC are in a feeding frenzy after this mornings events. Wait!! We are cutting to a live link to Professor Whoo Flung Dung, head of the Dept of Phonetic Anthropology at Arkansas State University who will discuss the impact the changes in Canberra will have on the future of mankind.

:-? :-?

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Sisemen

#702 Post by Sisemen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Typical ABC. All the meeja studies lefties are wetting their pants at the moment while the rest of us are just going, “WTF?” and pouring another glass of red.

Sisemen

#703 Post by Sisemen » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:29 am

Looks like another attempt at the putsch tonight.

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#704 Post by Fliegenmong » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:24 am

“WTF?” and pouring another glass of red.

Suspect Kevin & Julia are doing just that!...and thinking to themselves "Goddam...they really are just like us!, slow learners!!"

As always in Australian politics it's all about the 'me' and not the country...Howard could have conceded to Costello, but no, had to hang on to be remembered as a PM who lost his seat to an Ex ABC Journalist....still Costello will be remembered as the 'Treasurer' who sold 2/3 of the reserve banks Gold holdings at a record low price...so maybe was a good thing..

Any truth in the rumour Uncle Rupert was out here last week? Could that be the MSM's fervent following of this?
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go... Oscar Wilde

Sisemen

#705 Post by Sisemen » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Prediction: Dutton will get to be PM; early election after a few policy re-sets; Labor get in - brass bands, much whooping and joy all round; first promise broken after 3 weeks at the helm “all the fault of the mob we’ve just kicked out”; more promises broken with same excuse but serious cock-ups becoming self evident; government starts tanking in the polls; polls get worse; muttering about Shorten’s leadership; skeletons start coming out of cupboard; even the ABC start pounding the government; leadership spill ....and we’re back to where we started.....Albanese will get to be PM; early election ......ad infinitum .....

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#706 Post by Fliegenmong » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:43 am

“all the fault of the mob we’ve just kicked out”

Standard play....we got it form this Gummint Ad Nauseaum....we'll get it again...and again...and again....It's standard default stuff from both sides.

So it really all seemed like PD with with Tony 'Gospel Truth's hand up his @rse like a modern day Rubbery Figures puppet episode.

Now the 'ScoMo' has chucked his hat in the ring.......and the ever untruthful 'Asbestos Jools' ..."Im proud to be Deputy" had also suddenly put her hand up. She helped knife Tony and so is implicit in this slow train wreck of a deplorable government...except,

You can't really call them a Government right now....because they're not .... far more like a pack of petulant spoilt children having a very ugly tantrum...what was that about 'Adults' in charge again Tony?? :-w

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#707 Post by Fliegenmong » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:42 am

Well I reckon the 'Murdochracy' will not be happy about that! ....they put in a lot of hard work in the main stream media to get their man in!!

Asbestos Jools must be absolutely fuming!!

Hyper Hypocrite Gospel Truth Tony spouted forth usual lying BS...

Duttons finished...

......OK 'ScoMo'...lets see how you go!

Sisemen

#708 Post by Sisemen » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:38 am

While stitching a cut on the hand of a 75 year old farmer, whose hand was caught in the squeeze gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to politicians and their role as our leaders.

The old farmer said, " Well, as I see it, most politicians are 'Post Tortoises'.’' Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post tortoise' was.

The old farmer said, " When you're driving down a country road and you come across a
fence post with a tortoise balanced on top, that's a post tortoise"

The old farmer saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of dumb arse put him up there to begin with."

Best explanation of a politician I've ever heard.

Slasher

#709 Post by Slasher » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:38 am

I see there's been a change in PM again. That makes what... 6 or 7 in 10 years?

Getting to be like Italy.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#710 Post by Alisoncc » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:59 am

Yes but this one shows promise, Slash. Sworn in Friday morning. Friday evening states first priority the Drought, AND Saturday evening IT RAINS. Bloody brilliant
=))

Alison
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

Sisemen

#711 Post by Sisemen » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:54 am

It’s a sign! It’s a sign! ^:)^

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#712 Post by Fliegenmong » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:52 am

Dear old TA......only ever putting the country and the Pardee before vindictive revenge...

Dreadful treatment of Julie Bishop...abhorrent stuff....

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#713 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 am

Oh dear....and you worry about the ABC? .... Shameful stuff indeed....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-18/l ... e/10262552

Fliegenmong
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#714 Post by Fliegenmong » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:22 am

I think this is why I haven't watched TV in years....here being a sense that in the 'Main Stream Media' there is ALWAYS this subtle push to the right of politics...tempered with articles designed to trip up people...but untrustworthy all the while...easy to see how people who do listen to Ray Hadley, would never ever not listen to Ray Hadley....Ray reliably tells them what they want to hear....when Rays Copper Son gets busted for drugs...THEN the soft side comes out...

Sisemen

#715 Post by Sisemen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:06 am

I'm either watching too much Catherine Tate Show or the news. In any event I think we ought to be told if these two are related.
Derek and Shayne.jpg

Sisemen

#716 Post by Sisemen » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:15 pm

What is it with the modern left that they cannot accept a democratic decision? The buggers are up in arms about the Coalition win in New South Wales with calls for demonstrations etc.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#717 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:41 pm

Rather than start can new thread, how does your compulsory voting pan out?

How many don't vote?
Are the fines actually collected?
What bureaucracy is created to catch the non voters and make them pay?

Having actually voted how many mark Foxtrot Oscar?

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#718 Post by llondel » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:24 pm

I think it is important to make the effort, even if you choose to submit an invalid ballot.l I have done that in the past because there was no "None of the Above" option.

I know some UK universities have Ron (Re-Open Nominations) on the ballot and if he wins, they re-run the election and none of the previous candidates can stand again.

Slasher

#719 Post by Slasher » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 am

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:41 pm
Rather than start can new thread, how does your compulsory voting pan out?

How many don't vote?
Are the fines actually collected?
What bureaucracy is created to catch the non voters and make them pay?

Having actually voted how many mark Foxtrot Oscar?
Not all that many.

Yes. I got stung $10 once for not postal-voting as I knew the Silver Bodgie and his thugs were going to get in again. Had forgotten to remove meself from the register once I left overseas. Thought it was automatically done when I ticked the Immig box that said 'Buggering off for good'. Grudgingly paid it to avoid legal probs as SQ had 4 overnight ports in Oz.

Can't remember but I think it was some Canberra bureaucracy set up for the purpose.

You mean invalid votes? Quite a lot in my day.

Fliegs or Sise could provide an update on what goes on nowadays.

Sisemen

#720 Post by Sisemen » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:48 am

Not sure as I’m a good boy and always do as I’m told so therefore never had to deal with the problem. As I understand it though the non-voters are pursued but whether it’s to the ends of the earth to get the fine I’m not so sure - probably quietly dropped after a couple of attempts.

It should also be noted that the legal requirement is purely to attend a polling booth and have your name ticked off. You can walk straight back out after that has been completed without having to cast a vote.