Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#361 Post by Boac » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 pm

I wondered why Fauci had been 'eliminated' from the Chump press briefings - he has been working hard

Corona virus cure found.jpeg
Corona virus cure found.jpeg (42.07 KiB) Viewed 281 times

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#362 Post by ian16th » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:30 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 pm
In the same way that many seemingly intelligent people can't grasp compound interest, others can't grasp an exponential growth in numbers...
Anyone that played with CR circuits and charge times is well aware.
Cynicism improves with age

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#363 Post by llondel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:02 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:53 pm
More irony...
Mexicans call for crackdown on Americans crossing border as US cases soar
Mexicans have blocked a US border crossing south of Arizona and called for their government to step up screening over fears Americans could spread coronavirus.

Protestors in Sonora, south of the US state of Arizona, used vehicles to blockade a Mexico-bound road for a second day on Wednesday.

Some wore face masks and held signs warning Americans to “stay at home”, as the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the United States overtook China on Thursday.

Mexico has less than 500 confirmed cases of the coronavirus, compared to more than 84,900 in the US.

Jose Luis Hernandez, a member of the Sonorans for Health and Life who led the blockade, told the Arizona Republic that the protest was a warning to Mexican president Mr Lopez Obrador.
Crossing into Mexico blocked...
They should build a wall and get America to pay for it.

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Corona Virus Is Sexist!

#364 Post by ian16th » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:14 pm

First two South Africans to die from corona virus were women.
Cynicism improves with age

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Corona Virus Is Sexist!

#365 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:41 pm

ian16th wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:14 pm
First two South Africans to die from corona virus were women.
Any more info?

Seenenough

#366 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:23 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 pm
I wondered why Fauci had been 'eliminated' from the Chump press briefings - he has been working hard

Corona virus cure found.jpeg
Just more BS- Both Drs Fauci and Birx are both on record ,several times ,confirming that Trump has not overruled their recommendations and that the relationship between them is good but as usual the destroy Trump, at all costs, media mob do not report these simple statements but rather they try and promugate that it is a chaotic situation.

A large number of polls, including CNN's own,are showing substantialy improving numbers for the approval of Trump and also his Administration's handling of the pandemic.Clearly the public are not buying,no doubt much to your irritation Bo,the crap that the media and you peddle.

The numbers don't lie,it is only the biased inteperetation or rather the intentional misrepresentation of them that is the lie.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#367 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:42 pm

Drs. Fauci and Birx
I think that they are being pragmatic, as most who contradict Trump have a tendency to be marginalized and fade into the background.
I hope that they can keep going and speak to truth rather than becoming the yes (wo)men that he surrounds himself with, ass-kissers all!

PP

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#368 Post by Boac » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:52 pm

One notes that the Republican sense of humour is no laughing matter. Maybe that's why they have a clown up front...............=))

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#369 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:27 pm

G-CPTN wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:07 pm
TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:03 pm
Oh the irony...

The Health Secretary is also positive...
So much for control measures.
Now the CMO:- https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... r-21767833

Seenenough

#370 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:32 pm

Boac wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:52 pm
One notes that the Republican sense of humour is no laughing matter. Maybe that's why they have a clown up front...............=))
Just proves the fact that you will attach a comment venting your dislike of Trump to all most every comment that you make ,often in your own echo chamber.

I notice that you have little to say however about the substantially improved approval ratings both in how Trump is dealing with the outbreak and also in his Presidency.

Bo ,you can go on and on trashing Trump ,all you like but eventually no one takes any notice of your comments or childish humor which plays on like a broken record.

You must live a decrepit life there, combing through the web all day long trying to find anything you can to regurgitate your dislike of Trump.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#371 Post by PHXPhlyer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:41 pm

Seenenough;
Even with a 50% approval rating , that only means that the other 50% disapprove.
It's simple math.

PP

Seenenough

#372 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:53 pm

PHXPhlyer wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:41 pm
Seenenough;
Even with a 50% approval rating , that only means that the other 50% disapprove.
It's simple math.

PP
PP-Glass half full,half empty .....blah

I never spoke about what his ratings are all I said was that they have substantially improved .It is a simple a straight forward and undeniable fact which you seem unable to acknowledge.

The more the press go on with the games they play the more people are switching off to the nonsense's that they spew.

Check out Real Clear Politics Polls-the numbers are all there.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#373 Post by Pontius Navigator » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:00 pm

Ladies, ladies, handbags at dawn?

Seenenough

#374 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:03 pm

We are all hearing a spat going on about ventilators which leads me to wonder just how many ventilators a country should hold in reserve to prepare for an outbreak.

How many as a percentage of total population would be a good number?

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#375 Post by llondel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:09 pm

That depends on how quickly they can be made. Unless you're at the start of the pandemic you've got a few weeks to ramp up production, and if you are satisfied that you can meet demands for ventilators, or any other such gear (including dealing with supply chain disruptions) then you probably don't need many in reserve.

Seenenough

#376 Post by Seenenough » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Is it not more about how many ,as a percentage,should a country have bought and stored in warehouses in case they are need for an outbreak?

I don't think it is about how many can be made now.

BenThere
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#377 Post by BenThere » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:51 pm

Nobody a year ago could have foreseen the demand for respirators, masks, gowns, and such medical equipment. This challenge is unprecedented and could not have been foreseen. So we're responding. The needed supplies will come forth as industry responds in a few weeks. That's how Capitalism works.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#378 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:04 pm

One cannot hate Trump enough. [-X

Every man needs a hobby, a woman (fancy or not) and a bete noire. Trump is my bete noire, I make no apologies for it. I am thinking of joining the Ordo Templi Orientis, all the better to cast a spell that might turn his naartjieness into a newt or a toad or something!

There I have got that off my chest. o:-)
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#379 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:16 pm

BenThere wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:51 pm
Nobody a year ago could have foreseen the demand for respirators, masks, gowns, and such medical equipment. This challenge is unprecedented and could not have been foreseen. So we're responding. The needed supplies will come forth as industry responds in a few weeks. That's how Capitalism works.

They might have if Donald and his merry bunch of moronic minions hadn't seen fit to shut down the agency that was responsible for advising on epidemics, pandemics, bio-warfare and the like...
In May 2018, President Donald Trump’s biodefense preparedness adviser warned that a flu pandemic was the country’s No. 1 health security threat, and the U.S. was not prepared.

“We know that it cannot be stopped at the border,” Luciana Borio, director of medical and biodefense preparedness at the National Security Council, said at a symposium that day.

Borio left the Trump administration in 2019. Other high-level global health experts headed for the exits even earlier, after the White House dismantled the National Security Council’s global health security office.

The demise of that elite team is now under scrutiny as the Trump administration struggles to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... 064881002/

Nuff said...
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot