Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#601 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:24 pm

Good for Hitchens, he's quite a brave character.

Anyone who dares suggest that things might be a tiny bit overdone, can expect a very hard time from the pussy- hearted ballness meeja.

Why not call it for what it clearly is? Utter panic.

Come on Boris! Time for some leadership! Imagine you were Churchill- do what he'd have done!

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#602 Post by OFSO » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:48 pm

Would be nice to know how many have not died on the roads since the amount of traffic was reduced. Or from asthma: my asthmatic wife said it's amazing how she can walk uphill to the Angel with no pollution affecting her.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#603 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:03 pm

OFSO wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:48 pm
Would be nice to know how many have not died on the roads since the amount of traffic was reduced. Or from asthma: my asthmatic wife said it's amazing how she can walk uphill to the Angel with no pollution affecting her.

Fill yer boots care of the Office for National Statistics... if you remove the Corona figures (as they have in one of the worksheets) you will see that mortality rates are generally down up to the second half of March based up on the last 5 year average as you might expect, less car crashes etc. (as you say).... ;))) Unfortunately the figures for the lock down thus far have not been published therein yet.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=%2fpeop ... 22020.xlsx

It is an ill wind that blows nobody any good and all that.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#604 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:04 pm

Aye. Here in Delhi the startling improvement in air quality has no doubt saved many more than have died here from covid.

Not least because precisely no **** has died of Coronabollocks.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#605 Post by Jetex Jim » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:39 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:04 pm
Aye. Here in Delhi the startling improvement in air quality has no doubt saved many more than have died here from covid.

How remarkably persistent is the Denier culture.
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#606 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:53 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:04 pm

Death toll touches 62 in India.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#607 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Yes.
But nobody at all in Haryana.

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#608 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:07 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:05 pm
Yes.
I once knew a girl we called Hairy Anna. Nobody wanted to touch her either... ;)))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#609 Post by G-CPTN » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:14 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:05 pm
Yes.
Haryana on Thursday reported first death in the state due to Covid-19 infection.

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#610 Post by AtomKraft » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:19 pm

Really -CPTN?
Sources vary then my source here says:
Total cases 58
Still active 31
Recovered 27
Dead. No ****.

Ymmv as they say ...

No bad though for a country that records 675,000 deaths monthly from natural causes, accidents etc, don't you think?

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#611 Post by ian16th » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:51 pm

Never knew Hairy Anna, but I remember Black Anna at the Jolly Butchers, Norwich.
Cynicism improves with age

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#612 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:18 pm

ian16th wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:51 pm
Never knew Hairy Anna, but I remember Black Anna at the Jolly Butchers, Norwich.

What a great story! :)
In September 1935, at the age of 30, Antonietta (also known as Antoinette) and her husband Kenneth Jack Hannent, were running The Jolly Butchers on Ber Street. Within less than two years, Kenneth died, leaving Antonietta to run the pub alone. During this time, Ber Street was not famed for its elegance. In fact, the pub was the last doss house in Norwich and served as the overspill for the local police station. When the cells were full, the violent drunks and vagrants were sent to The Jolly Butchers to keep them off the streets. At one point, there were over 70 beds above the pub, which was inevitably good for Antonietta’s business and meant that her pub was always full.

Despite its negative associations, Antonietta was able to organically rebrand her pub as the place-to-be for a good night out in Norwich. Antonietta became known as ‘Black Anna’, due to her black hair and love of black clothing and was famed for her love of singing. During the Second World War, the American servicemen that visited The Jolly Butchers introduced Black Anna to jazz and the blues, a genre of music that she became synonymous with. She was regularly visited by celebrities and jazz musicians from across the globe who wanted to perform with the throaty-voiced landlady. This became the main attraction of the pub, in which Anna lived and worked in until her death in 1976.
I take it you frequented this establishment ian16th?

My sister works as an artist, and one time singer, in Norwich, I must point this establishment and its history out to her! Having planted a younger brother in God's good soil thereabouts recently I have a growing affection for the place.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ian16th
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#613 Post by ian16th » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:48 pm

When I was Marham, 1959-62, The Butchers on a Saturday night was very popular.

It was also recommended that innocent youths stood with their backs to the wall!
In those days before the Permissive Society, it attracted some rather strange types.
Cynicism improves with age

AtomKraft
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#614 Post by AtomKraft » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:28 am

I don't care whether or not the entire country disagrees with me, or not.
I think we are committing economic suicide with our response to Coronabollocks.

Here's our Mr.Taylor with a warning.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#615 Post by OFSO » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:52 am

For the second time in just over a hundred years Spain is being ravaged by a respiratory virus. Why Spain ? Can it be that their much-praised health system, so much better than our NHS we are constantly told, isn't that good after all. Or is the fact that so many smoke, or have unhealthy eating habits, the reason. Or do they have more wrinkleys around, ready to pop off ?

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#616 Post by Alisoncc » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:14 pm

I would suspect that viral load, as recently discussed on O-N, has some relevance with Latins - touchy feely people.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#617 Post by G-CPTN » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:17 pm

Those people who have avoided acquiring the virus in any form (however mild), will, presumably, be susceptible to infection afterwards?

Undried Plum
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#618 Post by Undried Plum » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:33 pm

OFSO wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:52 am
For the second time in just over a hundred years Spain is being ravaged by a respiratory virus. Why Spain ? Can it be that their much-praised health system, so much better than our NHS we are constantly told, isn't that good after all. Or is the fact that so many smoke, or have unhealthy eating habits, the reason. Or do they have more wrinkleys around, ready to pop off ?
"Spanish Flu was a misnomer. It should have been called American Flu as that's where it originated and from where the pandemic spread.

In WW1 Spain had been neutral, and hence had a free Press. The combatant nations all had strict press censorship and tight government control of information. The Spanish press honestly reported the true death toll of the American Flu in their country. Their figures were much higher than the false figure published in the non-free world at the time. Hence the name "Spanish" Flu was concocted and it stuck.

The US and UK are trying to push the meme that Covid-19 started in a Pangolin in China. There is exactly zero evidence to support the idea, but the propaganda has been quite successful in the West.

Of the first 42 recorded cases in Wuhan, 13 had no connection whatsoever to that wet market. None. This very strongly contradicts the notion that the disease initiated from a Pangolin in that market.

The most likely vector of the initial disease in Wuhan appears to be one or more of the 300+ US military people who visited the city in October.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#619 Post by Rwy in Sight » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:47 pm

Then we it took so long to spread in the States?

Seenenough

#620 Post by Seenenough » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:52 pm

AtomKraft wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:28 am
I don't care whether or not the entire country disagrees with me, or not.
I think we are committing economic suicide with our response to Coronabollocks.

Here's our Mr.Taylor with a warning.
More and more over here are beginning to realize that the virus itself is just the initial battle that is going to possibly push the world into all out economic war which will, as Mr Taylor warns ,require many countries into rebuiling themselves from the ground up for years to come.I agree with him,the world will not be as we knew it before March of this year.

You cannot treat those who are ill if you have no money to pay for it because there is nobody to borrow money or receive donations from.Even Bill Gates has only so much he can give, as do all of the other Philanthropists of the world

We should all worry about the possibility of Quantitative Easing as is is fast becomming the only tool that Treasuries have to remove wealth from those who have it and give it to those who don't.Even if you have a Government backed defined benefit pension you will likely find that the buying power of you currency will become substantially reduced.

We have no choice I believe other than to go back to work very soon ,despite the health risks.