A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Bob
Capt
Capt

Re: Coronabollocks..

#1741 Post by Bob » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:12 pm

Dushan wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:02 am
Cape, I posted that advice, a few months ago, on FaceBook and it was deleted by them because "it contained information that could be dangerous and un-factual". Didn’t meet their "standards"
Is it not obvious to you that the bollox at the end about defeating the virus by eating stuff with different PH levels is un - factual?
The rest of the blurb is just common sense (maybe not that common these days)
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1742 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:23 pm

You now have to queue to view the ALDI website . . .
You’re in the queue...
We’re very sorry, but there are currently lots of people trying to access the Aldi website. We’ve automatically placed you in a queue.

Bob
Capt
Capt

#1743 Post by Bob » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:09 pm

Well thats it then...end of days
I hereby declare the U.S.A. a Pariah state.
All U.S. Citizens or persons arriving from the U.S.A. will be denied access

llondel
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1744 Post by llondel » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:31 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:12 pm
Dushan wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:02 am
Cape, I posted that advice, a few months ago, on FaceBook and it was deleted by them because "it contained information that could be dangerous and un-factual". Didn’t meet their "standards"
Is it not obvious to you that the bollox at the end about defeating the virus by eating stuff with different PH levels is un - factual?
The rest of the blurb is just common sense (maybe not that common these days)
That was the bit I immediately tagged as complete bollocks. Lemon and lime I'd associate more with pH under 7 given that they're often accompanied by citric acid, and given that the strongest bases have a pH of 14, rating avocado at 15.6 clearly demonstrates that the writer has no clue.

Capetonian

#1745 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:42 am

Piers Morgan on GMB pulling apart the next candidate for Mayor of London, Shaun Bailey, a non-reflective who speaks like an East End barrow boy and who would make Khan look smart.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1746 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:34 am

I don't 'follow' Piers Morgan.
I am amazed that he has any following from intelligent people.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1747 Post by Woody » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:40 am

G-CPTN wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:34 am
I don't 'follow' Piers Morgan.
I am amazed that he has any following from intelligent people.
I don’t particularly like him, but he seems to have a certain skill in attacking our so called Political Elite, so much so that several of them refuse to appear on his programme.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Capetonian

#1748 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:45 am

PM claims to have an audience of 17 million. I don't think they can all be accused of being 'unintelligent'. He is tenacious and dogmatic and seeks answers to questions that the public have a right to. He makes a good point that the government refuse to allow anyone significant to speak to him.

I don't 'follow' him, in fact I don't 'follow' anybody, whatever that might mean, but I sometimes watch his morning programme for an hour or so.

I see no harm in watching various media to try to get a balanced view, which is not easy.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1749 Post by Woody » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:50 am

He makes a good point that the government refuse to allow anyone significant to speak to him.
Are we sure that they’ve got anyone significant, because the ones that they do allow to engage with us are breathtakingly incompetent.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1750 Post by Alisoncc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:10 am

IMHO the problem with politics in the UK is that there are far too many PM type's who can take things apart, but remarkably few who can put things together. Plus an amazing number who can make suggestions in hindsight as to what the Govt should have done.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1751 Post by OFSO » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:56 am

Piers Morgan being a total prat yesterday complaining that the new law - it isn't - prevented husbands and wives or similar having sex in their own houses. I thought of contacting PM and suggesting he have a rant about BoJo not having made incest illegal during lockdown, but it's easier to reach over and turn the Bully Meister off and watch BBC Gardening.

I can't understand why anyone would agree to be interviewed by Piers Morgan. He always knows better, he doesn't listen, and he always interrupts answers. An utter oaf.

Capetonian

#1752 Post by Capetonian » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:06 am

I take it he's not on the OFSO Christmas card list then!

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1753 Post by G-CPTN » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:06 pm

Durham County Council is investigating complaints that the property Dominic Cummings used during his lockdown trip did not have the correct planning permission.
City of Durham Labour MP Mary Foy said she had received a number of complaints from constituents, and had asked the council whether the property Mr Cummings stayed in had proper planning permission, and whether it was registered for council tax.
He returned to the farm in 2002 after quitting his role and spent two years in a “bunker” he built with his father,
From:- https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... -hand-man/

Seenenough

#1754 Post by Seenenough » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:56 am

If all of the Corona academics were correct we should see big spikes in new cases of newly infected people occuring in the the US cities where protests and riots have been taking place ,in the next ten days or so, as protesters and rioters were not observing pandemic prevention protocols and proper social distancing.

Any bets anyone?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1755 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:04 am

Seenenough wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:56 am
If all of the Corona academics were correct we should see big spikes in new cases of newly infected people occuring in the the US cities where protests and riots have been taking place ,in the next ten days or so, as protesters and rioters were not observing pandemic prevention protocols and proper social distancing.

Any bets anyone?
You should ring your POTUS and suggest yourself as his chief wrangler.
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

4mastacker
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1756 Post by 4mastacker » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:24 pm

Lifted from the BBC news web-site after Grant Crapps's announcement about wearing masks on public transport.

Note the small print at the bottom of the illustration.
nanny state strikes again.png
It's always my fault - SWMBO

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1757 Post by G-CPTN » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 pm

TheGreenGoblin wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:25 am
Captain Tom's motorbike found.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1758 Post by OFSO » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:39 pm

Tears in our eyes, etc... Great post, thank you....

om15
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1759 Post by om15 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:51 pm

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1760 Post by barkingmad » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:02 pm

There’s nowt like a good bit of censorship or removal of information from any meeja outlet to make one suspicious and also to increase the potential attractiveness of the very item which has bern squashed.
There are numerous examples of alternative meeja videos and/or audio podcasts being ‘taken down’ because they’ve magically broken the rules of whichever platform dislikes the content submitted.
So I get uneasy when I learn of censored content, especially when it doesn’t appear to be composed by some of the ‘swivel-eyed looney fruitcakes’ such as those who voted for Brexit...
Anyway, I’ll bet Mirror Newspapers are embarrassed at this little nugget appearing in multiple hard copy editions and therefore impossible to ‘disapoear’ it.
I’ll leave it for discussion by our members, not only the content but also the recent enthusiasm for the social meeja platforms to delete any content with which they may disagree or are feeling the heat from ‘guvvments’ various who don’t like counter arguments;

https://unlockthelockdown.com/daily-mir ... /#more-329

And yes, I know it’s our old friend Prof Knut, but try and concentrate on the content and don’t shoot the messenger, something which is a popular pastime of some of our O-N members. :-w