Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Capetonian

Re: Coronabollocks..

#1941 Post by Capetonian » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:55 am

That's a remarkable and heart-warming story, some good news in these dark times.
It also confirms everything I have heard about Vietnam and her people.

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1942 Post by G-CPTN » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:23 pm

I read that Wales is to make a three-layer mask compulsory from next week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53390783

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1943 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 pm

"An old pair of socks can be used to cover your face."

Hmm. Having a pair of socks would be a fine thing. See agony column.

Rwy in Sight
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1944 Post by Rwy in Sight » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:23 pm

OFSO wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 pm
"An old pair of socks can be used to cover your face."

Hmm. Having a pair of socks would be a fine thing. See agony column.
We just find a use for socks no longer paired! Who cares if they are not the same?

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1945 Post by OFSO » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:54 pm

We fashionistas do ! My God, man, have you no taste ?

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1946 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:53 pm

I read that a German MP wore a gas mask (sorry respirator) in Parliament and the Speaker told him to take it off, he refused so the Speaker would not let him speak.

ExSp33db1rd
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1947 Post by ExSp33db1rd » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:22 am

...........so the Speaker would not let him speak.
Can you speak through a gas mask respirator ? Trying to remember the ones we were issued with at school in 1940, can't recall whether we could speak or not? Pretty solid things they were, even breathing was restricted.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1948 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:13 am

If what this A&E consultant and others elsewhere are saying is true, then we’ve all been subjected to one of the most atrocious examples of SCAD to be seen in the last few centuries;

https://www.thebernician.net/nhs-consul ... -covid-19/

SCAD is abbreviation for State Crimes Against Democracy, evidence foe which is available with some rabbit-hole probing...

And so the madness continues, though I was unsure as to whether this one belonged in the Darwin Awards thread;

https://people.com/human-interest/man-w ... utm_source

And now in England the peasants are ordered to wear face nappies in shops “to help the economy”! ~X(

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1949 Post by Boac » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:26 am

In itself alarming, however, I smell a large 'conspiracy' activist nutter here, BM. Looking at the rest of the output from that site, it appears that 5G IS responsible for large amounts of radiation sickness and, in the US, Dr Fauci apparently funded the Wuhan lab development of the C19 virus.

One makes up one's own mind, BM! I do have sufficient stocks of Peanut Butter and tin-foil.

"If what this A&E consultant and others elsewhere are saying is true" - is it really quoting an 'A&E consultant'?

Answers on your postcard?

TheGreenGoblin
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1950 Post by TheGreenGoblin » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 am

Boac wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:26 am
In itself alarming, however, I smell a large 'conspiracy' activist nutter here, BM.
Quelle surprise! =))
Though you remain
Convinced
"To be alive
You must have somewhere
To go
Your destination remains
Elusive."

ribrash

#1951 Post by ribrash » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:37 am

After 113 days of lockdown we are now required to wear a mask in the shops but not in the pub.Utter madness.It is so vital we do so that it doesn't come in to effect for 10 days.

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1952 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Thanks ribrash, you’ve just answered the queries raised by the previous 2 postings!

The illogical manoeuvres being implemented by the UK gaffers leaves me with little alternative to believe anything but what MSM is telling me.

The alleged A&E consultant dare not reveal his identity in the current Stasi atmosphere prevailing in the NHS so we’ll have to assess whether it’s a true account of what’s really going on in Britain.

boac, since you are always asking questions please answer the query as to why the wearing of masks is becoming compulsory. Is it (a) help the economy to recover or (b) to stop the spread, protect the NHS and blah blah blah...

It is dangerous ‘logic’ to mix up disease transmission precautions with kickstarting the deliberately wrecked economy and doesn’t inspire me with confidence in our leaders.

Sorry, doorbell just rung, white coats observed through the door window, I may be some time...

G-CPTN
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1953 Post by G-CPTN » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:34 pm

barkingmad
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1954 Post by barkingmad » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:36 pm

Before I was carried off I dropped this snippet on the ground which was recovered by a lockdown sceptic and posted for your consideration;

“God help us, it’s finally happened. Later today, Matt Hancock – it would be him – is due to announce that face masks will be mandatory in all shops from July 24th, with the police empowered to issue £100 on-the-spot fines to anyone who doesn’t comply.

To coincide with this fresh hell, I’ve posted a round-up of all the evidence concerning face masks by an anonymous contributor on the right-hand side called “Masks: How Effective Are They? An Update“. Most of the evidence suggests the case for mandatory mask wearing outside healthcare settings is weak, particularly the non-surgical, re-usable cloth masks that the Government is insisting on. Here’s a typical paragraph from one of the articles linked to in the new round-up:

Sweeping mask recommendations – as many have proposed – will not reduce SARS-CoV-2 transmission, as evidenced by the widespread practice of wearing such masks in Hubei province, China, before and during its mass COVID-19 transmission experience earlier this year. Our review of relevant studies indicates that cloth masks will be ineffective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as PPE.
There was a good Newsnight report by health correspondent Deborah Cohen last Friday, which included contributors making the case for and against mandatory face coverings. Making the case for were Oxford Professor Trish Greenhalgh and Royal Society President Sir Venki Ramakrishnan and making the case against were Nottingham Professor Robert Dingwall and Oxford Professor Carl Heneghan. Needless to say, the latter were far more convincing.

Heneghan pointed out that there was little evidence from randomised control trials showing masks were effective and it was odd for the Government to be mandating a public health measure that isn’t based on RCT evidence. He also said that if masks are used repeatedly, rather than disposed of daily, someone with a viral infection can re-infect themselves when they put the mask back on.

Robert Dingwall was even more scathing:

It doesn’t matter whether the evidence is effective or not. The demand is that governments do something and what we’re seeing here I think is the latching on to the idea that masks are something that a government could do which is cheap, which is symbolic, but which is probably not particularly effective.
But the most interesting thing in the report was the following scoop by Deborah Cohen:

The debate is deeply political. Newsnight understands that the World Health Organisation committee that reviewed the evidence for the use of face coverings in public didn’t back them. But after political lobbying, the WHO now recommends them.
After the report was broadcast, Trish Greenhalgh took to Twitter to criticise it. She complained that Newsnight hadn’t used all of her interview (has she never done a pre-record before?) and that interviewing scientists on both sides of the debate, as opposed to just her side, “sows confusion and could cost lives”. “We need responsible journalism or programmes could/will cost lives,” she tweeted.

This is essentially the same argument that Ofcom made when it issued its coronavirus guidance and which the Free Speech Union is seeking to challenge in the High Court. The evidence that a particular Government regulation will be do more good than harm is inconclusive, but nevertheless it’s wrong to allow people to criticise that regulation just in case it is as effective as the Government claims. If it is – even though we don’t know whether it is – then public criticism of it will mean people are less likely to comply and that, in turn, will cause harm. It’s a bad argument because it’s conditional upon taking it for granted that the Government is right and you can’t ask members of the free press to do that.” ~X(

Boac
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1955 Post by Boac » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:50 pm

The alleged A&E consultant dare not reveal his identity in the current Stasi atmosphere prevailing in the NHS
Quite a few assumptions there!
boac, since you are always asking questions please answer the query as to why the wearing of masks is becoming compulsory. Is it (a) help the economy to recover or (b) to stop the spread, protect the NHS and blah blah blah...
Yes.
“God help us, it’s finally happened. Later today, Matt Hancock – it would be him – is due to announce that face masks will be mandatory in all shops from July 24th, with the police empowered to issue £100 on-the-spot fines to anyone who doesn’t comply.
I have 'considered it' but I am not sure why...

You lost me with Ofcom!

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1956 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:03 pm

ExSp33db1rd wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:22 am
...........so the Speaker would not let him speak.
Can you speak through a gas mask respirator ? Trying to remember the ones we were issued with at school in 1940, can't recall whether we could speak or not? Pretty solid things they were, even breathing was restricted.
Yes, modern military masks have a speech unit and even a facility for drinking in a contaminated environment. One weakness was the need to change a cannister but latest versions have two cannisters.

I have used my mask when tending a smoking BBQ and a bonfire. It worked brilliantly, clean smoke free air and felt cool too.

PHXPhlyer
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1957 Post by PHXPhlyer » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:43 pm

Not wearing a mask can be hazardous to your health. [-X

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mi ... y-n1233810

Michigan man refused service for not wearing mask stabs customer, is fatally shot by deputy
The squabble over coronavirus safeguards at a convenience store in Delta Township ends with the stabbing of a 77-year-old man and the death of Sean Ernest Ruis.
July 14, 2020, 1:01 PM MST
By David K. Li
A Michigan man refused service for not wearing a mask amid the coronavirus pandemic early Tuesday morning stabbed another customer before he was shot to death by a sheriff's deputy, police said.

Sean Ernest Ruis, 43, walked into Quality Dairy in Windsor Township — just outside Lansing and 100 miles west of Detroit — at about 6:45 a.m. without wearing a mask.

Officers with the Michigan State Police and Eaton County Sheriff's Department respond to a stabbing incident at a Quality Dairy store in Delta Township, Mich., on July 14, 2020.
Officers with the Michigan State Police and Eaton County Sheriff's Department respond to a stabbing incident at a Quality Dairy store in Delta Township, Mich., on July 14, 2020.Michigan State Police Lansing
A 77-year-old customer asked him to cover his face, Michigan State Police said in a statement. Ruis refused to put on a mask, so the store asked him to leave. He then stabbed the customer who asked him to put on a mask, authorities said.

An Eaton County Sheriff's deputy pulled over Ruis on a residential street in neighboring Delta Township at 7:13 a.m., official said.

"The suspect immediately exits his vehicle and walks towards the deputy with a knife in hand to attack the deputy," according to a statement from state police. "The deputy attempted to increase distance by backing up and subsequently shot and injured the suspect. The suspect was transported to a local hospital and died during surgery."

State police released graphic video of the deadly confrontation, which appeared to show a man approaching the deputy. The deputy could be heard screaming "Drop the knife!" and "Drop the weapon!" several times in the footage.

The backtracking deputy appeared to fire what sounded like more than a dozen shots as the man kept approaching her, the video showed.

Ruis lived in nearby Grand Ledge and the Eaton County Sheriff's Department did not immediately identify its deputy — though state police called her a 22 1/2-year veteran of the force.

She was not injured in the confrontation.

The man stabbed at the store was taken to a local hospital and is expected to survive.

Tuesday was the second day of a state order, in light of the ongoing pandemic, making face coverings mandatory in any indoor public setting or any outdoor location in Michigan where there cannot be proper social distancing.

Woody
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1958 Post by Woody » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:05 pm

Just found this website for masks, think that I’ll order some before the 24th.

When all else fails, read the instructions.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1959 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:46 pm

I was put on the extremely vulnerable list in May and taken off it two weeks ago. I have now asked both my GP and my collorectal nurse why and they don't know as neither was consulted. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#1960 Post by Pontius Navigator » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:47 pm

PHXP, we should be told if blacks or whites were involved.

As if.