Coronabollocks..

A place to discuss politics and things related to Govts
Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Re: Coronabollocks..

#3841 Post by Pontius Navigator » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:45 pm

RiS, an easy mistake to make. Hopefully we know how many second doses we need but her is the catch.

If we vaccinated 2,500,000 last week we either stop first Vaccinations in a month or so time or we double vaccination rate to 5,000,000 a week.

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#3842 Post by Dushan » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:45 pm

boing wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:59 am
This "cycle based test" means that if a patient has had any viral contact sufficient testing cycles WILL produce a positive result. As you see manufacturers are apparently not consistent in how many cycles they consider should produce a positive result and they test down to a very low viral load.
Most manufacturers conservatively set their machine’s thresholds for diagnosis from 35 to 40, values that generally correspond to an extremely low viral load. But the exact threshold for a positive result, or for a specific Ct to indicate infectiousness, will depend on the instrument used.
There are rumours that the US is going to adopt a reduced number of cycles to be used during the PCR test, the number 25 is being whispered. The result of this will be reduced detection rates in cases of low viral load leading to an overall reduction in positive tests results. No doubt a reduced detection rate will be used as a political football.

Like I said, earlier, the more you test the higher the "number of cases". Combine this with the high number of cycles and you have a PANICdemic. Cut the cycles, cut the testing and you have a regular flu season.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Dushan
Capt
Capt

#3843 Post by Dushan » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:47 pm

Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:06 pm
China's Covid cases is still just 88,000 but this does not square with all those isolation camps or
China is battling its most severe outbreak of the coronavirus in 11 months – more than 2,000 cases over the past five weeks, with at least three from the new UK variant. Infections are primarily clustered around cities in north-east China, more than 600 miles away from Wuhan.
I thought it was 98,000, but knowing their obsession with accuracy and truth it could be that their numbers are actually going in the negative direction.
Because they stand on the wall and say "nothing's gonna hurt you tonight, not on my watch".

Wodrick
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3844 Post by Wodrick » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:18 pm

Found on another forum.

All I hear is people say ‘remain positive’ the vaccine is here, a few more months and everything will be back to normal ... REALLY!!!?

So here’s a few questions to Governments we all should be asking if we get vaccinated.

1.- Can I stop wearing the mask? NO

2.- Can they reopen restaurants etc and everyone work normally? NO

3.- Will I be resistant to covid?
- Maybe, but we don't know exactly, it probably won't stop you getting it.

4.- At least I won't be contagious to others anymore? No, you can still pass it on, possibly, nobody knows.

5.- If we vaccinate all children, will school resume normally? NO

6.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop social distancing? NO

7.- If I am vaccinated, can I stop disinfecting my hands? NO

8.- If I vaccinate myself and my grandfather, can we hug each other?NO

9.- Will cinemas, theatres and stadiums be reopened thanks to vaccines? NO

10.- Will the vaccinated be able to gather? NO

11.- What is the real benefit of vaccination? The virus won't kill you.

12.- Are you sure it won't kill me? NO

13.- If statistically the virus didn't kill me anyway ... Why would I get vaccinated?" - To protect others.

14.- So if I get vaccinated, the others are 100% sure I'm not infecting them?NO

So the shot does not give immunity.
Does not eliminate the virus.
Does not prevent death.
Does not guarantee you won’t get it.
Does not prevent you from getting it.
Does not stop you passing it on
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans.
Does not eliminate the need for business closures.
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns.
Does not eliminate the need for masking.
So, what the hell is it actually doing?

FWIW
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/ITORRO10?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

CharlieOneSix
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3845 Post by CharlieOneSix » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:45 pm

Re my post viewtopic.php?p=273474#p273474

BBC News website:
A plan to deliver vaccination appointments in blue envelopes to people aged 70-79 has been delayed. The first tranche of appointment letters will be delivered on Monday as planned - but in white envelopes.

On Sunday morning the Scottish government said the letters would be sent out in blue envelopes and given Royal Mail priority. But in a statement published later that evening the government said the envelopes were not ready in time.
What hope is there - can't even get a supply of envelopes on time, let alone the vaccine. :((
The helicopter pilots' mantra: If it hasn't gone wrong then it's just about to...
https://www.glenbervie-weather.org

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3846 Post by John Hill » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:34 am

Dushan wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:45 pm

Like I said, earlier, the more you test the higher the "number of cases". Combine this with the high number of cycles and you have a PANICdemic. Cut the cycles, cut the testing and you have a regular flu season.
Don't post such rubbish.......... X(
Been in data comm since we formed the bits individually with a Morse key.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3847 Post by boing » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:40 am

Actually John he is not far out, extreme in viewpoint perhaps but not far out in facts. It will certainly be true that by curtailing the PCR process after fewer cycles there will be less false positives, this is agreed by most serious medical organisations simply because that is the mechanism by which the PCR test functions at all. If you don't understand the process study it.

Everyone with a functioning brain not clouded by dogma will appreciate what is going on but the extremes will scream and shout like school children. The right will say that the sudden change was timed to make Trump look bad and the left will swear that Biden waved his hand and carried out a miraculous alleviation of the bug. Tedious.

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3848 Post by John Hill » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:31 am

Bollocks!!!

The annual flue rate in the USA has an estimated death toll 60,000 or less, about 420,000 people have died of covid in the last 12 months. Do you think I am stupid enough to believe that about 360,000 people have been killed by testing?

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3849 Post by boing » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:20 am

Has a flue rate got anything to do with cremations?

the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3850 Post by John Hill » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:38 am

Cremations do not cause covid or influenza.

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3851 Post by boing » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:51 am

Neither does the flue.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3852 Post by OFSO » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:12 am

Reminds me, must get our chimney swept after the present wood stove season ends, or the flue might cause two more deaths attributed to Covid.

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3853 Post by John Hill » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:16 am

Do you not understand the connection between 'flu and Covid? Dushan told us, and you agreed, that "Cut the cycles, cut the testing and you have a regular flu season."

John Hill
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3854 Post by John Hill » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:19 am

OFSO wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:12 am
Reminds me, must get our chimney swept after the present wood stove season ends, or the flue might cause two more deaths attributed to Covid.
No, those would be casualties of the "regular flue season".

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#3855 Post by Jetex Jim » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:26 am

Here's a comprehensive rebutal of the false positives myth.
False positive falacy

Point 6, below, is probably the easiest to follow.
6) Cases lead to hospitalisations and deaths. After case numbers rose in the UK's second wave, we saw later rises in hospitalisations and deaths. These latter numbers can't just be due to problems with the test - it's hard to get a false-positive on whether someone has died or not. In other words, the later consequences of rising case numbers are precisely what we'd expect if the cases are mostly real coronavirus infections.
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

OFSO
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3856 Post by OFSO » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:38 am

There is no such myth, and naming it one doesn't make it so. In fact for every form of medical testing there will be failures of the test itself, which is why in a healthy medical environment tests are always repeated. I know, this happened to me last October with something unrelated to viral infection. The question with every test is how reliable it is. There is now a sufficient body of opinion regarding the various Covid tests "in the field", as opposed to "in the laboratory" to engender scepticism as to compete reliability. This is why in my host country quarantine is required even after a negative result. The authorities simply do not take tests results as being reliable.

Pontius Navigator
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3857 Post by Pontius Navigator » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:43 am

Dushan wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:47 pm
Pontius Navigator wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:06 pm
China's Covid cases is still just 88,000 but this does not square with all those isolation camps or
China is battling its most severe outbreak of the coronavirus in 11 months – more than 2,000 cases over the past five weeks, with at least three from the new UK variant. Infections are primarily clustered around cities in north-east China, more than 600 miles away from Wuhan.
I thought it was 98,000, but knowing their obsession with accuracy and truth it could be that their numbers are actually going in the negative direction.
They had a big surge yesterday, 80 more cases. Obviously why they are rushing to complete the mass isolation units. I tracked down a video of the construction. 18 inch drains, the accommodation appears ISO size containers, internal door, no windows, sit on toilet.

Clearly taking a leaf from our Nightingales.

Jetex Jim
Capt
Capt

#3858 Post by Jetex Jim » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:53 am

OFSO wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:38 am
There is no such myth, and naming it one doesn't make it so. In fact for every form of medical testing there will be failures of the test itself, which is why in a healthy medical environment tests are always repeated. I know, this happened to me last October with something unrelated to viral infection. The question with every test is how reliable it is. There is now a sufficient body of opinion regarding the various Covid tests "in the field", as opposed to "in the laboratory" to engender scepticism as to compete reliability. This is why in my host country quarantine is required even after a negative result. The authorities simply do not take tests results as being reliable.
This is why in my host country quarantine is required even after a negative result.

Which, as I'm sure you realise is to protect against a false negative result. Not the same thing at all.

And here from the site I linked to, which perhaps you didn't look at, is how the false positives fallacy tends to be expressed.
Claim: 91% of Covid 'cases' are false positives. This is a Casedemic
Persuading working people to vote against their own best interests is the primary focus of conservative politics.

Alisoncc
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3859 Post by Alisoncc » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Jetex Jim wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:26 am
Here's a comprehensive rebutal of the false positives myth.
False positive falacy
Not dissimilar to my belief that visiting doctors is bad for your health as invariably people die after doing so. By how many years has little or no relevance.
Rev Mother Bene Gesserit.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

boing
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

#3860 Post by boing » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:12 pm

I see that our favourite newspaper, The Guardian, reports that 20% 0f Covid infections take place in medical facilities.